Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Delhi pricing premium economy/economy

Question: Delhi pricing premium economy/economy

Old Jun 16, 15, 7:52 pm
Suspended

AC has not really priced fares to DEL for January 2016 yet. cheapest fare shown in mid month when I checked a day or so ago was about $4500 OW in latitude and no flex fares. the flight shows every seat available in all classes.
Old Jun 17, 15, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold
The most recent AC sale which ended yesterday at mid-night actually had inflated prices and the prices increased by $40 across the board on the last day of the sale. That increase came despite very little sales resulting from the so-called AC sale prices. So it looks like AC is not really yet pushing hard to fill the seats on this route despite the planes being largely empty. Clearly you have to watch very carefully for the right price to come up and, if you are lucky, get a discount code.
Old Jul 2, 15, 5:02 am
Original Poster

AC.COM still indicates that the flights to DEL are subject to Indian government approval. Does anyone know the official status of these "proposed" AC flights starting in November?
Old Jul 2, 15, 6:43 am

Programs: AC *50K MM; WS Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by belky15 View Post
AC.COM still indicates that the flights to DEL are subject to Indian government approval. Does anyone know the official status of these "proposed" AC flights starting in November?
Was chatting with a DEL airport senior executive and as far as they are concerned, in terms of operations, this is a done deal. They are already proceeding (planning, etc) as if this is confirmed. Having said that, this is India, so who knows what may change between now and then.
Old Jul 2, 15, 7:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by vernonc View Post
Is this one way or return? Cannot replicate. And I thought AC direct to DEL starts in Nov so a Sept flight is likely UA
i just looked again today and oct/nov flights are still a great deal in Business class, you can even fly Emirates for $3800us.
Dubai is also cheap $2800us so AC wont be getting much money for its business class, on its new routes.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...l#post25059022
Old Jul 2, 15, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by why fly View Post
i just looked again today and oct/nov flights are still a great deal in Business class, you can even fly Emirates for $3800us.
Dubai is also cheap $2800us so AC wont be getting much money for its business class, on its new routes.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...l#post25059022
I cannot find the same type of fares, certainly not through AC.COM. I looked at the price from 1-15 November? All prices on UA/AC are about twice as much or more. Google flight does provided much either (some KLM flights at about $3450 early in November.
Old Jul 2, 15, 1:13 pm

Programs: AC S100K, SPG G, Hilton G,Nexus/GE, Amex MR Plat, Hyatt Plat,IHG Plat E
I cannot find the same type of fares, certainly not through AC.COM. I looked at the price from 1-15 November? All prices on UA/AC are about twice as much or more. Google flight does provided much either (some KLM flights at about $3450 early in November.
14 Nov- 02 Dec dates near your original post. All prices CAD.
Via a OTA - $1980 in PE with LH. 2 stops each way. Need to verify.
Via LH website - $2450 in PE. 13 Nov - 01 Dec.
AC PE at $2475.
or $3200 in J on 9W.
Old Jul 2, 15, 6:57 pm

The time to buy this was back in february.
I bought Yqb-yyz-del return in PY for late november for $1445 all in.
Now that was a deal😃
Old Jul 3, 15, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Oopsy Whoopsy View Post
The time to buy this was back in february.
I bought Yqb-yyz-del return in PY for late november for $1445 all in.
Now that was a deal😃
I saw that pricing but I couldn't commit at the time. I thought that the prices might slide back closer on a sale but nothing has happened so far.

There are cheaper options in economy but they involve more stops and travel through the US or other inconveniences. The PY 1 stop AC routing seems like the best bet but it is still priced high at $2475.
Old Jul 4, 15, 2:33 pm
Suspended

I saw that pricing but I couldn't commit at the time. I thought that the prices might slide back closer on a sale but nothing has happened so far.

There are cheaper options in economy but they involve more stops and travel through the US or other inconveniences. The PY 1 stop AC routing seems like the best bet but it is still priced high at $2475.
wait for the J fare at around $2300, that's the deal, don't fly PY if you can get real business class. Also AC is NOT flying daily so any changes might create issues.
Old Jul 5, 15, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by why fly View Post
wait for the J fare at around $2300, that's the deal, don't fly PY if you can get real business class. Also AC is NOT flying daily so any changes might create issues.
I think that you might be right. The Del prices on AC.COM are fluctuating quite a bit and mostly higher. Yet they aren't selling anything. For instance there have been no recent PY sales on the outbound yet they have dropped the flexible fares. Has to be a sale coming up soon. Drive your prices up and then knock them back a bit for the sale. That might not be legal in retail but I don't know about the rules around airline advertising and pricing?

The J price you suggest would be all in return? I would sign up in a flash for that price!
Old Jul 5, 15, 9:02 am
Suspended

I think that you might be right. The Del prices on AC.COM are fluctuating quite a bit and mostly higher. Yet they aren't selling anything. For instance there have been no recent PY sales on the outbound yet they have dropped the flexible fares. Has to be a sale coming up soon. Drive your prices up and then knock them back a bit for the sale. That might not be legal in retail but I don't know about the rules around airline advertising and pricing?

The J price you suggest would be all in return? I would sign up in a flash for that price!
also stop looking at AC.com, open yourself to any airline.
use Matrix to find flights and then book on expedia, or any travel web site.
http://matrix.itasoftware.com

Search this Thread
Search Engine: