Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Delhi pricing premium economy/economy

Question: Delhi pricing premium economy/economy

Old Jun 15, 15, 10:22 pm

Programs: AC50 MM
This thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...l#post24975918
may be of interest, regarding business discount fares - which (from memory) seem to pop up quite often on this route.
Old Jun 15, 15, 10:41 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Another comment about Air India is that they are now buy ups to business class with transparent (posted in advance) fare pricing based on available space. It doesn't seem to matter the economy fare category purchased.

New York to Mumbai / Delhi is coming in at $900 USD one way which is exceptionally reasonable compared to AC Last Minute Upgrades pricing.
Old Jun 15, 15, 10:44 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73 View Post
Another comment about Air India is that they are now buy ups to business class with transparent (posted in advance) fare pricing based on available space. It doesn't seem to matter the economy fare category purchased.

New York to Mumbai / Delhi is coming in at $900 USD one way which is exceptionally reasonable compared to AC Last Minute Upgrades pricing.
they've done this for a long time, I've done it a number of times. But it can be a bit if a nightmare to purchase at the airport when you check in like you have to.

For example in AMD. Go to checkin counter and get BP, go to ticketing counter and get print out, go to back room and run credit card, go back to ticket counter and get new printout (on dot matrix) go back to checkin counter and get new BP.

Again - I do it, but could be done better lol.
Old Jun 16, 15, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold
There does not appear to be a lot of take up on ACs "best fares" promotion for either Y or PY. This makes me think that lower prices will have to be coming out over the next month. We are still 5 months away from the trip so there should be time (although the best pricing internationally is usually around this time).

Thanks for the insights into the business pricing and options. It seems that these lower prices are a summer time thing. Given the heat in India right now the pricing makes sense. The best I could find was about $3200 CDN.
Old Jun 16, 15, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by belky15 View Post
There does not appear to be a lot of take up on ACs "best fares" promotion for either Y or PY. This makes me think that lower prices will have to be coming out over the next month. We are still 5 months away from the trip so there should be time (although the best pricing internationally is usually around this time).

Thanks for the insights into the business pricing and options. It seems that these lower prices are a summer time thing. Given the heat in India right now the pricing makes sense. The best I could find was about $3200 CDN.
India is going to be an interesting route for AC. Since it requires a Visa for canadian's to visit, and that visa process is actually fairly extensive and takes time (unlike for example the one for SYD). And yes, There are some people (I have one) that have a multiple entry business visa, but even those are only good for a year, but not a ton do.

What it means is, the number of "last minute" tickets sold (within 3 weeks of departure) will be a lot lower on this route than others.
Old Jun 16, 15, 9:59 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Sean Peever View Post
India is going to be an interesting route for AC. Since it requires a Visa for canadian's to visit, and that visa process is actually fairly extensive and takes time (unlike for example the one for SYD). And yes, There are some people (I have one) that have a multiple entry business visa, but even those are only good for a year, but not a ton do.

What it means is, the number of "last minute" tickets sold (within 3 weeks of departure) will be a lot lower on this route than others.
India's Visa process is amongst the most burdensome I have encountered -- although admittedly I haven't tried for any of the 'Stans or North Korea or anything truly out there. Why a country with 50 million IT gurus can't get it online is just bizarre. Or not, if you understand their government. Good point about its impact on upgrades and last minute fares.

And for belky15... it is not so much the heat as the monsoons at the moment that are a problem for tourists. Yet another reason why prices are low. This is their low season.
Old Jun 16, 15, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Since it requires a Visa for canadian's to visit, and that visa process is actually fairly extensive and takes time (unlike for example the one for SYD)
As of April, the visa process is very simple (not that I didnt enjoy field trips to the Brampton office only open until 2pm ), for tourists anyway.
https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html

Originally Posted by ridefar View Post
India's Visa process is amongst the most burdensome I have encountered -- although admittedly I haven't tried for any of the 'Stans or North Korea or anything truly out there. Why a country with 50 million IT gurus can't get it online is just bizarre. Or not, if you understand their government. .
See above

and ps. the North Korean visa is actually a non-issue, and very easy, just pay money, sign up for a trip, and show up.

None of these are probably as hard as getting a Canadian visa.
Old Jun 16, 15, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu View Post
As of April, the visa process is very simple (not that I didnt enjoy field trips to the Brampton office only open until 2pm ), for tourists anyway.
https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html
wow! I didn't know they changed it! That does look a lot better, but I'd be curious to see if it still takes forever to receive :P .

also: does that mean my full page visa laminated thing in my passport is now going to be a relic? I can be one of those guys "I remember back in my day" and then post a picture.
Old Jun 16, 15, 10:06 am

Is it much harder to do compared to a place like Brazil? I used to go the for work and had to head in to the Brail office downtown to get it all done.

Flights always seemed to be full and routes been there for years.

The biggest issue to me is its a long flight a lot of people may want a break half way through especially if their final destination isn't Delhi.
Old Jun 16, 15, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
wow! I didn't know they changed it! That does look a lot better, but I'd be curious to see if it still takes forever to receive :P .

also: does that mean my full page visa laminated thing in my passport is now going to be a relic? I can be one of those guys "I remember back in my day" and then post a picture.
It sure is a colourful visa!

FT reports fast turnaround times
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...-2014-a-2.html
Old Jun 16, 15, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu View Post
It sure is a colourful visa!

FT reports fast turnaround times
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...-2014-a-2.html
well I'll have to try it out sometime after march when mine expires :P.
Old Jun 16, 15, 10:17 am

Programs: AC S100K, SPG G, Hilton G,Nexus/GE, Amex MR Plat, Hyatt Plat,IHG Plat E
Indian visa takes 3-5 business days if you submit in person at their visa office which has been outsourced to an agency. Fill teh form on-line and then print and take it to the agency with your photos and docs. I used the one in Brampton. You can off course also mail it in but that is likely to take a lot longer. Not as easy as the Aussie visa which you receive 30 secs after filling the form on-line. Canadians do not have access to visa on arrival for India - apparently India does not like that there are a lot of ex-Indians with hostile viewpoints that demonstrate in Canada. Last minute travellers on this route will be the very price sensitive Indian diaspora who have a lifetime visa called OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) which is kind of like a dual citizenship.

Last edited by vernonc; Jun 16, 15 at 10:18 am Reason: adding
Old Jun 16, 15, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
business class.. $2342

interesting AC has a NEW product launch to INDIA, and is giving away business class seating.

Toronto to New Delhi Business Class United and Air Canada as low as 2342
Google Flights is showing dates in September for 14 day trips from YYZ to DEL for as low as 2350 in business class. Similar prices available for Mumbai/Bombay.
Old Jun 16, 15, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by why fly View Post
interesting AC has a NEW product launch to INDIA, and is giving away business class seating.

Google Flights is showing dates in September for 14 day trips from YYZ to DEL for as low as 2350 in business class. Similar prices available for Mumbai/Bombay.
Approx 21,500 AQM for $2343 business class? I see some milage runs in the future of DEL :P

Or: approx 27,500 AQM from YVR.... hmmmm.....
Old Jun 16, 15, 12:56 pm

Programs: AC S100K, SPG G, Hilton G,Nexus/GE, Amex MR Plat, Hyatt Plat,IHG Plat E
Originally Posted by why fly View Post

Is this one way or return? Cannot replicate. And I thought AC direct to DEL starts in Nov so a Sept flight is likely UA

Search this Thread
Search Engine: