Wiki Posts
Search

YYZ T1 INT to DOM

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2017, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
YYZ T1 INT to DOM

A friend is transiting tonight If coming from an int flight after clearing customs and handing your bags to the cnx desk. Do you have to exit the area and re cleat security upstairs or is there a way to remain in the sterile area and head to the domestic gates. Want to make sure its worth heading out.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yul36
A friend is transiting tonight If coming from an int flight after clearing customs and handing your bags to the cnx desk. Do you have to exit the area and re cleat security upstairs or is there a way to remain in the sterile area and head to the domestic gates. Want to make sure its worth heading out.
Nope. Must reclear security ground side at domestic security.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 5:25 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Nope. Must reclear security ground side at domestic security.
Is OSS only available coming from the US?
Old Sep 11, 2017, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies, saved me a trip out there.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Is OSS only available coming from the US?
Europe and US.

So would be good to get clarity on where this person is coming from.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 5:51 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
If he is coming from Europe and connecting domestic [ did this last week] , he won;t see his bags, the bags automatically transferred.

Not sure how it works if he is coming from USA
Old Sep 11, 2017, 6:10 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by RZR
If he is coming from Europe and connecting domestic [ did this last week] , he won;t see his bags, the bags automatically transferred.

Not sure how it works if he is coming from USA
It also depends on the airlines involved. I thought both the arriving and departing flights have to be operated by AC/ACr. And it's not all European origins, but has to be any USA, AMS, BCN, CPH, DUB, EDI, FRA, GLA, LIS, LHR, LGW, MAD, MAN, MXP, MUC, CDG, FCO, VCE, ZRH. If not, you need to grab and drop baggage at customs.

Or has the process been expanded to other airlines and origins now?
Old Sep 11, 2017, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OP to help us help you, please tell us where your friend is flying from into YYZ... and we will simply assume Air Canada because we still want this thread to stay here.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

OP to help us help you, please tell us where your friend is flying from into YYZ... and we will simply assume Air Canada because we still want this thread to stay here.
She is on one of the Caribbean flights. Rouge.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 5:26 am

Programs: TK Elite, AC SE
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
It also depends on the airlines involved. I thought both the arriving and departing flights have to be operated by AC/ACr. And it's not all European origins, but has to be any USA, AMS, BCN, CPH, DUB, EDI, FRA, GLA, LIS, LHR, LGW, MAD, MAN, MXP, MUC, CDG, FCO, VCE, ZRH. If not, you need to grab and drop baggage at customs.

Or has the process been expanded to other airlines and origins now?
Is that a comprehensive list of originating airports (I note that GVA is missing as an AC destination)? Where did you source it? And does it apply to connections through those airports, even if they don't originate within Europe?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 5:46 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by simd
Is that a comprehensive list of originating airports (I note that GVA is missing as an AC destination)? Where did you source it? And does it apply to connections through those airports, even if they don't originate within Europe?
That was the full list of included airports posted on the sign at YYZ T1 baggage claim the last time I passed through.

GVA would not apply, because there aren't any AC flights from GVA to YYZ. The only AC flights from GVA land at YUL.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 6:03 am

Programs: TK Elite, AC SE
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
That was the full list of included airports posted on the sign at YYZ T1 baggage claim the last time I passed through.

GVA would not apply, because there aren't any AC flights from GVA to YYZ. The only AC flights from GVA land at YUL.
Thanks for clarifying...
Old Sep 12, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: AC*E35 and decreasing
Europe and US.

So would be good to get clarity on where this person is coming from.
With "OSS" in my boarding pass, I was rejected ("US only") every time I was coming from Europe, including yesterday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.