Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New Airline to launch Transcon routes out of YHM by end of Summer, how will AC react?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Airline to launch Transcon routes out of YHM by end of Summer, how will AC react?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:44 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K | Latitude Flight Pass junkie
I'm still wondering how an airline flies a transcontinental route originating from the middle of the continent.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 5:37 am

Programs: Aeroplan
That's because the Maritimes don't really exist. Check the classic Risk board for confirmation. Quebec goes as far as YQB, so the GTA is close enough.

Actually the East-West middle of Canada is near Winnipeg.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: AC, AA, AS, UA, WN, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by smallmj
That's because the Maritimes don't really exist. Check the classic Risk board for confirmation. Quebec goes as far as YQB, so the GTA is close enough.

Actually the East-West middle of Canada is near Winnipeg.
Apparently the East-West & North-South middle of Canada is near Baker Lake, NU. Calm Air should use that for tourism marketing.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by YVR72
I'm still wondering how an airline flies a transcontinental route originating from the middle of the continent.
Do any carriers truly fly Canada transcon these days?

I know both AC and WS dabbled with YHZ - YVR, but does anyone still fly it?
Old Jun 9, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by gglave
Do any carriers truly fly Canada transcon these days?

I know both AC and WS dabbled with YHZ - YVR, but does anyone still fly it?
How about YYT-YYJ?
Old Jun 9, 2017, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by YVR72
YXY is further west.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 7:26 pm

Flair airlines expands to Toronto, Vancouver and Kelowna; names Edmonton main transfer hub

http://globalnews.ca/news/3734355/fl...-transfer-hub/

Flights to the three new markets will begin on Dec. 15, and tickets are now on sale. As well, the airline said passengers are now able to book flights through to the end of 2018.

“This is just the beginning of many more announcements such as this,” Lapointe said. “We are adding more aircraft and as we do, our network will grow significantly.”

Flair Airlines currently has five Boeing 737s, and said it will be getting one more aircraft in December, and then a seventh in early 2018. The airline plans to be operating 12 aircraft by the spring of 2019.

Flair said since last year, it has flown over 376,600 passengers on over 3,090 flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.