Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Chances of upgrades with eUpgrades YYZ-LAX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2015, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K

Hi,

Does anyone fly between YYZ-LAX often? I was wondering how often does your eUpgrades clear for this leg? (I have 35K)

I have a trip in August to SEA and a trip to LAX in November. My 35K status only has 30 credits so that's only enough to upgrade 2 one way flights. I really want to use it on the LAX trip (since it's a 767 instead of an E90), but if the upgrade chances are slim, I prob. try to spend it on the Seattle trip. I also probably won't fly AC between December and February so the credits will probably expire if I don't use it.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 8:17 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
When is your Seattle trip (what day of the week and month of the year)? YYZ - SEA is hard to clear depending on day of the week as it's basically an Amazon/Microsoft shuttle.

I can't speak for the YYZ LAX route but can for the YYZ SEA route.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 10:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I've seen YYZ-LAX go out with empty seats. I've missed upgrades on YYZ-LAX on an M fare as Super Elite.

My advice to you is to request every upgrade you can, because you're going to be pretty low on the list.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Thanks for the advice!
Old Jun 5, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, 50K Altitude, Nexus
I had a flight pass earliar this year, so M fare for YYZ-LAX, I'm also a SE I cleared all but once. I tended to leave Sunday afternoon from here (YYZ), my return varied.

The one time I missed there was some youtube party and plane was full of youtube people
Old Jun 5, 2015, 4:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Aug is a dead time for YYZ SEA and R/T. You should be able to upgrade. You may be waitlisted, but you should clear, at least from SEA YYZ if you are flying on any day other than a Saturday. Don't ask me why, not posting why on a public forum If you are trying to clear SEA YYZ, pick Tues/Wed/Thursday
Old Jun 5, 2015, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Aug is a dead time for YYZ SEA and R/T. You should be able to upgrade. You may be waitlisted, but you should clear, at least from SEA YYZ if you are flying on any day other than a Saturday. Don't ask me why, not posting why on a public forum If you are trying to clear SEA YYZ, pick Tues/Wed/Thursday
Interesting...I'd normally think Saturday is a pretty easy day to score an upgrade.
However, it's your experience that counts.
This is good to know, thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.