checked luggage question

Old May 27, 15, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX, AF, UA
checked luggage question

When booking a transatlantic award ticket with united miles on an Air Canada operated flight as a *G member, can I take 2*23 kg (UA policy) or 3*32 kg (AC policy)? Thanks.
Old May 27, 15, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by winebug View Post
When booking a transatlantic award ticket with united miles on an Air Canada operated flight as a *G member, can I take 2*23 kg (UA policy) or 3*32 kg (AC policy)? Thanks.

I had a similar flight last year with 3 pieces of luggage: Flew BOS-YYZ-CPH (in Y) with AC as UA*G and ticket was booked via UA.

The agent at BOS wasn't sure whether to charge for the 3rd bag but I had brought a print-out from AC's website showing the 3*32 kg policy. All 3 bags were tagged for free without much hassle.

AFAIK, the fact that you're on an award ticket shouldn't matter... it's still the operating carrier rules that apply.
Old May 27, 15, 9:36 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by js200 View Post
I had a similar flight last year with 3 pieces of luggage: Flew BOS-YYZ-CPH (in Y) with AC as UA*G and ticket was booked via UA.

The agent at BOS wasn't sure whether to charge for the 3rd bag but I had brought a print-out from AC's website showing the 3*32 kg policy. All 3 bags were tagged for free without much hassle.

AFAIK, the fact that you're on an award ticket shouldn't matter... it's still the operating carrier rules that apply.
Bolding mine: And with that, I'll move this over to the Air Canada forum where the experts north of the border can off their advice

goalie
UA Forum Co-Moderator
Old May 27, 15, 9:52 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Platinum, Nexus/GE
As a *G you will be allowed 3 bags.

You can check your allowance here: http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...e/checked.html

Search this Thread