Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Preferred seats

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2018, 4:41 am

Programs: AC*50K
You are correct

Sorry, you are correct—the preferred seats are $100 for flex.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA Plat
FA Moving Elite PAX up to Preferred Seats?

Twice on recent YUL-DEN flights on AC E190 equipment I observed the FA moving PAX in regular Y either up to first class or to preferred seating. The FA had a PAX list in their hand and was hunting for certain PAX by seat number. Probably moving up elite flyers who did not purchase preferred seating. They stopped well before first and preferred seating areas were full. I would say 4 to 6 PAX were moved each time. So this appears to be another free route to preferred seating if you are lucky.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 8:29 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by economyplusfan
Twice on recent YUL-DEN flights on AC E190 equipment I observed the FA moving PAX in regular Y either up to first class or to preferred seating. The FA had a PAX list in their hand and was hunting for certain PAX by seat number. Probably moving up elite flyers who did not purchase preferred seating. They stopped well before first and preferred seating areas were full. I would say 4 to 6 PAX were moved each time. So this appears to be another free route to preferred seating if you are lucky.
Interested in knowing when AC introduced first class to their cabins to Denver?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 8:40 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by economyplusfan
On long & thin routes they frequently move people for weight and balance - not many people doing paid J on these routes, or burning eUps, when going YYZ/YUL to the US. I don't fly them that often but my op-up rate on these flights is pretty high - e.g. DFW, AUS, MSY, etc. over the last 12 months.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by mapleg
Interested in knowing when AC introduced first class to their cabins to Denver?
Business class! Sorry.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 9:44 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Deleted.

Last edited by Sopwith; Jun 14, 2019 at 9:46 pm Reason: Someone beat me too it (wasn't paying attention).
Old Jun 15, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE

AC 7502 June 13th this E175 preffered seat 13A . Yes I would like to be moved up for W & B when preffered seats look like this!
mapleg likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.