Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

How to locate Aeroplan availability on a specific flight in a date range?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2015, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC *50K MM; WS Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite

Is there an easy way to check Aeroplan availability on a specific flight(s) for a series of days? I am trying to find Aeroplan availability in Business for AC 050/AC 051 which are the new YYZ-DEL return flights starting this November, and a series of random searches has turned up nothing. Is it likely that these simply would be locked out of Aeroplan availability? I am interested particularly in flights during December. Ideally, I was trying to get one Aeroplan ticket to then match up with one revenue ticket, both in business, but I am stumped as to how to proceed. Insights appreciated.

P.S. I am SE100K, so I am searching for Priority Rewards as well, but nada.
Old May 26, 2015, 4:25 pm

I use the award.flights (AwardFinder) Chrome app. Takes time as it is basically a script that looks at dates one by one and formats it back into something readable, but you can go up to 30 days, select nonstop only, etc.

AwardFinder: Yet another award flight search tool
Old May 27, 2015, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Bumping this to ask the question -- is it possible that there can be AC flights with zero Aeroplan availability in business? Or is there always at least SOME AP availability (but may already be spoken for)?
Old May 27, 2015, 11:07 am

There are many AC flights that never get any Classic business class Aeroplan seats allocated to them. It is very common.

The situation re priority awards is different and I will let others more familiar with that speak to it.
Old May 27, 2015, 11:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
As per my experience there is always at least 1 J seat available. Even AC33/34 has one available. Funny thing is they don't re-release the ticket if it's cancelled for a YQ free United flight for example.
Old May 27, 2015, 11:11 am

Also, FliSea.com lets you search NONSTOP for +11 days at a time

Originally Posted by catgirl
Bumping this to ask the question -- is it possible that there can be AC flights with zero Aeroplan availability in business? Or is there always at least SOME AP availability (but may already be spoken for)?
It's not only possible, it happens All the time
There is no "guaranteed" award seat PER FLIGHT, I think it's % of PER ROUTE even
e.g. YYZ-YUL has minimal J space released despite hourly flight, sigh
Old May 27, 2015, 12:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Maybe I'm confused, but only X% of seats in any cabin is released. You don't get access to every seat even as a super elite member. I've always had to book a year or so out or book a route with high YQ so people usually don't redeem them. (snagged two seats to Frankfurt less than a year out in J recently).

I'm a bit confused by your question because my gut answer is "of course its more than possible they are all taken"
Old May 27, 2015, 1:11 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Do you need the AC flight?? There is available over Europe- FCO, LHR etc in Business for 2 seats on a quick search on random date I checked- Dec 14.

You may have a very hard time finding availability on the new direct AC flight. Of course that may open up as time nears if sales are lower than expected. but you would be taking a chance and finding some alternative later may prove challenging.
Old May 27, 2015, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Maybe I'm confused, but only X% of seats in any cabin is released. You don't get access to every seat even as a super elite member. I've always had to book a year or so out or book a route with high YQ so people usually don't redeem them. (snagged two seats to Frankfurt less than a year out in J recently).

I'm a bit confused by your question because my gut answer is "of course its more than possible they are all taken"
Didn't know, that's why I was asking.

Originally Posted by Plumber
Do you need the AC flight?? There is available over Europe- FCO, LHR etc in Business for 2 seats on a quick search on random date I checked- Dec 14.
Was trying to get the direct AC ... but flying via Europe will be my backup plan.

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Also, FliSea.com lets you search NONSTOP for +11 days at a time
Thanks for this resource, did not know about it ... I like that it lets you select the class.

Last edited by tcook052; May 27, 2015 at 4:51 pm
Old May 27, 2015, 4:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Didn't know, that's why I was asking.
Ah gotcha. I think I read on here only 8% of seats are released per cabin. With the shrinking J cabins, this worries me significantly.
Old May 27, 2015, 4:27 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
8%? I've been daily checking AC33/34 for about 11 months and only the 1 J seat 356 days out, nothing else has been released. The j cabin is mostly empty too but Y is like 95%, I imagine most j will be filled via upgrades? Not a FF so that part is a mystery to me.
Old May 27, 2015, 4:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mikeycanuk
8%? I've been daily checking AC33/34 for about 11 months and only the 1 J seat 356 days out, nothing else has been released. The j cabin is mostly empty too but Y is like 95%, I imagine most j will be filled via upgrades? Not a FF so that part is a mystery to me.
I think that number is an "average". Revenue management likes to change that number based on load methinks. I can't book YYZ NRT or HND a year out for 2 in J. This is precisely why this game is fun and incredibly frustrating.

I think it ends up at 8% based on domestic and TB redemptions? 2 for YYZ YVR is easily bookable within a time frame but not easy for international redemptions. Thoughts anyone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.