Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Recourse for no-reply AC communication?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Recourse for no-reply AC communication?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2015, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
So they finally got back to me a few days after Ben prodded them...

Dear Mr. <snip>,

Thank you for your email concerning the change of aircraft.

I was sorry learn you were unable to travel in the Premium Economy cabin as expected on AC858 on April 12th, 2015 due to an aircraft change. We know you were looking forward to the increased comfort and we apologize for disappointing you.

Your concerns have been forwarded for consideration to our Revenue Accounting Office as they are best suited to address your issues. For further inquiries regarding this issue please contact: [email protected]

Although it is the intention to review refund requests as quickly as possible, please allow two to three weeks for a response from them.

Mr. <snip>, we appreciate that you included Air Canada in your travel plans and we regret the inconvenience you experienced. We hope for an early opportunity to impress you more favorably.

Sincerely,

<snip>
AC Customer Relations
I suppose it was a rookie mistake to just fill out the form I was directed to as I was told, rather than look for the correct email. Time to start the whole dance again I guess — it'll be weeks before I even start to get the PE run-around.

(Aside: Is Air Canada's support team in the USA? They use US spellings rather than Canadian ones here.)
Old May 31, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
no rookie mistake

No rookie mistake. It happens to all of us.

At least AC Customer Service forwarded your issue to the "correct" department. I can recall two instances where they asked me to re-submit! Reminded me of a government department.

Your query about the US spelling is interesting. Last time I checked, they were located in YYC.

Keep us posted. All of us have had this experience.
Old May 31, 2015, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
At least AC Customer Service forwarded your issue to the "correct" department. I can recall two instances where they asked me to re-submit! Reminded me of a government department.
Government orgs have better response times than AC...
Old May 31, 2015, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Still waiting on April email request for EU261. 20 business days long gone.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Amazingly, somehow I was sent a refund for $201 CAD today (without any further communication), with the disclaimer:

WE ARE PLEASED TO CONFIRM A REFUND HAS BEEN PROCESSED TO YOUR
PAYMENT CARD. PLEASE ALLOW ONE OR TWO BILLING STATEMENTS FOR THE
CREDIT TO APPEAR ON YOUR ACCOUNT. THANK YOU.
But, since I am paranoid, I'll be monitoring my AP account to see if any miles disappear (e.g. the CoS bonus of Y vs V, since I was assured that was complementary due to downgrade, in addition to the refund), since the refund is listed as "FARE ADJUSTMENT".
Old Jun 2, 2015, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Any insight of how $201 was calculated? Fare difference at the time of itinerary change? Fare difference at time of booking?
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eigenvector
Any insight of how $201 was calculated? Fare difference at the time of itinerary change? Fare difference at time of booking?
Absolutely none. The refund email from "AC_CREDIT" just kinda showed up, with little other info on how it came to be.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Originally Posted by D404
I suppose it was a rookie mistake to just fill out the form I was directed to as I was told, rather than look for the correct email.
No rookie mistake. You cannot find the correct email anywhere. I was in the same boat, with dishonored preferred seat assignment fees not refunded. 8 weeks of emails and phone calls produced the most informative result of "you cannot contact refund services directly, and if they do not respond there's nothing you can do except write to them again". Eventually Ben sorted it out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.