Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Newbie - Business Class food and drink

Old May 26, 15, 10:39 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.

Looks like may be getting my first taste of AC International Business in September this year. As this will be my first time fling with AC, I just have a few questions regarding the offerings both on the ground and in the air.

The new T2 lounge at LHR looks very good but how does the food and drink offering, any menus available?

How does the AC J product compare to BA Club World?

Any tips on how to get full enjoyment onboard?

What's the Montreal lounge like and on night flights to they offer a meal service prior to the flight?
Old May 26, 15, 11:59 am

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by icegirl View Post
It's a different seating arrangement to CW, very similar to Virgin if you have flown that. Pods, angled toward the interior of the plane. It does make looking out the window more difficult, and if you are travelling with someone it's basically impossible to talk with them while seated, unlike CW. All seats have direct aisle access though.

I think the food and wines are a bit superior on CW, but it's close. So much will depend upon the crew and what meal you choose.

AC doesn't offer a sleeper service like BA does. The Montreal lounge is somewhat comparable to the Galleries Club at T5, although the food will be more limited. It's generally a soup, cookies, fruit and veggies ( carrot sticks etc). Not really enough to make a full meal, but will tide you over until the meal on the plane.

It's a bit different from BA, please come back after your flight and give us your thoughts!
Old May 26, 15, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
AC J seats are better than Club world.

The AC north american lounges do offer hot food but its variable and its a buffet not the "to order stuff BA has.

My tip would be to take a sleeping pill as soon as you board, lie down as soon as you take off and sleep the whole flight.
Old May 26, 15, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
AC J seats are better than Club world.
I wouldn't have said that, I'd rather say they have a different set of strengths and weaknesses. "Better" depends upon what is important to a particular individual.
Old May 26, 15, 12:39 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
My tip would be to take a sleeping pill as soon as you board, lie down as soon as you take off and sleep the whole flight.
Not particularly helpful for someone who wants tips on getting "full enjoyment on board".

Here are a few random thoughts and tips.

1. Upon boarding, there should be a full sized pillow, a wrapped duvet, and a full bottle of Dasani water at your seat.

2. The pods have hardwired headphones that are allegedly noise cancelling, but honestly they are not great. There should be disposable ear covers at your seat, for you to put on yourself. If you can, plan to use your own (there is a separate headphone jack).

3. You'll be offered sparkling wine or orange juice before departure, along with the day's menu.

4. After departure there will be a hot towel service, followed by warm nuts and drinks. AC's champagne (Drappier) is particularly good relative to its other wine offerings. If you want champagne, ask for it specifically so they don't try to pawn off the sparkling wine used pre-departure on you.

5. Meal orders are taken by status, so you'll probably be close to the end in terms of choice. Have an alternative in mind so you're not disappointed.

Search this Thread