Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Award Ticket - Overnight in HKG

Old May 24, 2015, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

I've booked an Aeroplan Business Class Award ticket that has me landing in HKG from YVR (Air Canada) at 17:05 local time. I then leave the next morning on Singapore Airlines at 9:05. Not sure if it matters that this is Aeroplan booking, but will my checked baggage be checked all the way through? Or will I have to retrieve it in HKG?
Old May 24, 2015, 7:17 pm

Programs: AC SE100*1MM; Spire Ambassador
You claim it in HKG (AC checks it to HKG), and recheck your luggage in the morning. I just did it two days ago. In HKG, there is no transit hotel in the air side, and likely you need to clear the custom and immigration staying in Regal Airport Hotel (my routine), so I doubt AC allows you to leave the checked bags inside the airport and get loaded to the connecting flight, in case you do not fly in the morning.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.