Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best business class seat on A319?

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2015, 6:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Have you sat in 2C with the cubby? Because I have, and I think it's fine.

You still have quite a bit of room between the seat and the bulkhead, you just have ADDITIONAL room at the bottom.
on a 320 in the style that we had (e.g. separate cubby holes?) for C and D?
Old May 21, 2015, 6:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
on a 320 in the style that we had (e.g. separate cubby holes?) for C and D?
You mean A and C, but yes.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:22 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Have flights booked with Mrs Mapleg on A319 (Regular, not rouge). Able to book 2 C and A on the outbound flight, but the only pairs of seats on the return flight are either in the 4th row, or 1 D and F.

Some websites hint the 1D&F have a little less legroom and pitch, but I never have liked sitting in the last row in front of the curtain. I figure 1 D & F would be work and better chance of first meal choice if they just serve front to back

Thoughts? These are 5 hour flights so not keen on 1D&F if they really are a poor choice.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:30 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by mapleg
Have flights booked with Mrs Mapleg on A319 (Regular, not rouge). Able to book 2 C and A on the outbound flight, but the only pairs of seats on the return flight are either in the 4th row, or 1 D and F.

Some websites hint the 1D&F have a little less legroom and pitch, but I never have liked sitting in the last row in front of the curtain. I figure 1 D & F would be work and better chance of first meal choice if they just serve front to back

Thoughts? These are 5 hour flights so not keen on 1D&F if they really are a poor choice.
My favorite seat on the A3xx is 1D. The leg room is good and it is much easier for the passenger in 1F to exit for washroom breaks, than row 4. The only sacrifice is under seat storage. If that is what you require, 1D F doesn't work.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:31 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Meal choice, if not by priority is as likely to be front to back or serpentine or random.

At 6'2, if the back row pitch is worse, I can't tell.

I'd have no qualms about the back row of the front.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by RangerNS
Meal choice, if not by priority is as likely to be front to back or serpentine or random.

At 6'2, if the back row pitch is worse, I can't tell.

I'd have no qualms about the back row of the front.
Ha ha...how true about the meal service.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
My favorite seat on the A3xx is 1D. The leg room is good and it is much easier for the passenger in 1F to exit for washroom breaks, than row 4. The only sacrifice is under seat storage. If that is what you require, 1D F doesn't work.
How is leg room for window seat? OK? (Since thats where Mrs Mapleg will be sitting)
Old Jun 22, 2018, 5:30 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
As a tall person, I would like to clarify that there is a distinction between leg room and knee room.

In any bulkhead seat - whether it be 2AC/1DF on AC's 319s, or pretty much any bulkead in Y or J on any airline - there tends to be a greater distance between the seat and the bulkhead than between rows of seats. This undoubtedly creates more room at the knee level.

However, at the foot level, when there is a seat in front of you, you have the ability to put your feet underneath the seat. Typically this allows for far more leg extension than having a solid wall, even if the wall is a couple of inches farther away than the seat.

If one has long legs, this distinction can become quite important. If one is shorter, this may not even be noticeable.

Therefore I generally avoid bulkhead rows, and when I'm choosing a seat on any AC narrowbody, I avoid 1ACDF 2AC as applicable.
RangerNS and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
I haven't flown in a window seat for some time, but I believe it will be fine. @Adam Smith I ended up in 2C today, on a 319 (booked on short notice). The knee and leg room was immense.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 6:10 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
@Adam Smith I ended up in 2C today, on a 319 (booked on short notice). The knee and leg room was immense.
You're just a little guy, though
Old Jun 22, 2018, 8:18 pm

Hey no problem..neither of us are the long legged variety....Will stick with row 4 on the way back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.