Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question - Aeroplan Business Ticket booked Economy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question - Aeroplan Business Ticket booked Economy

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
I'm looking at a possible aeroplan J ticket from YYG->YUL->LAS with the last leg in Y. Would I have to request the upgrade when I get to YUL or can I do it at YYG? I'm asking because there is only a 59 minute connection. I haven't actually booked the ticket yet because I'm trying to decide between booking J if there is a reasonable chance of upgrade or save the points and just book Y.
Old May 29, 2019, 10:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
If you wait until YUL, you won't have time.

And I'm skeptical about finding a YYG agent who would be familiar with the process.
Old May 29, 2019, 10:39 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Actually I've done it at YYG before (for a flight departing from there) and they added me to the list before I even asked. I just wasn't sure if they could do it for the second flight from a different airport.
Old May 29, 2019, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Low Roller
Actually I've done it at YYG before (for a flight departing from there) and they added me to the list before I even asked. I just wasn't sure if they could do it for the second flight from a different airport.
It's no different than a segment departing YYG. So if they can do it, you're good.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 10:19 pm

With Amadeus changes and no more eUPs at the airport IIRC, does this affect AP mixed cabin bookings? I'm looking at a YYC-YVR-YYZ route where only the first segment is available in J.

If I were to book this, and I class availability doesn't open up in advance, would the airport still be able to waitlist / clear me into J pending availability?
Old Jan 19, 2020, 10:59 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Originally Posted by canadiancow
An AC agent will be able to look up your ticket and see it's a business class ticket, so should let you in. I would expect to be denied at other *A lounges unless you're *G.
I've got an Aeroplan redemption scheduled for next week. As usual, it's AC Y from YQB-YUL, followed by 2 J flights (YUL-IST on TK and IST-ATH on A3). Every other time I've travelled with such a ticket, I've been denied lounge access at YQB (note: this is not a MLL, but a contract lounge). Is there any way I can get into the lounge with my mostly J itinerary?
Old Jan 19, 2020, 11:09 pm

Programs: AE / MR
Originally Posted by Twickenham
I've got an Aeroplan redemption scheduled for next week. As usual, it's AC Y from YQB-YUL, followed by 2 J flights (YUL-IST on TK and IST-ATH on A3). Every other time I've travelled with such a ticket, I've been denied lounge access at YQB (note: this is not a MLL, but a contract lounge). Is there any way I can get into the lounge with my mostly J itinerary?
Unless you have a priority pass, an Amex Platinum, or a free loungekey pass, I would expect the same to happen. Otherwise you can buy your way in with a general admission for 45.00$. Full page on YQB's website.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by zappy312
With Amadeus changes and no more eUPs at the airport IIRC, does this affect AP mixed cabin bookings? I'm looking at a YYC-YVR-YYZ route where only the first segment is available in J.

If I were to book this, and I class availability doesn't open up in advance, would the airport still be able to waitlist / clear me into J pending availability?
Very good question! Just realised the answer to that could impact how I get home from Europe next month. Any experiences yet??

*Likely wouldn't gamble on the TATL being in Y due to further confusion at outstations, but wouldn't have thought twice about it on a YUL-YVR or YYZ-YVR leg.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 8:24 am

Programs: None no more
Originally Posted by zappy312

Zappy and Nomadic, I have this exact situation tonight: YXE - YYZ - GRU on a busimess redemption with the first flight confirmed economy. There has been AP business available for six days but I could not get through to the call centre after multiple attempts. I will find out in a few hours what they can or cannot do at the airport, will report here.
nomadic.relief likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 3:04 pm

Programs: None no more
Originally Posted by zackery149
Zappy and Nomadic, I have this exact situation tonight: YXE - YYZ - GRU on a busimess redemption with the first flight confirmed economy. There has been AP business available for six days but I could not get through to the call centre after multiple attempts. I will find out in a few hours what they can or cannot do at the airport, will report here.
The check in agent could not upgrade at check in (which we assumed). She made notes on the file and confirmed that because it was an aeroplan business redemption they would put me in business once the flight closed subject to availability which looks good at that point, she said she would also tell the gate agent when she saw her. The lounge agent said she will keep an eye on it and let me know when I should go out to the gate. Six seats open at this time so I should be good. I should also mention the agents here in Saskatoon are very good to deal with in my experience.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by zackery149
The check in agent could not upgrade at check in (which we assumed). She made notes on the file and confirmed that because it was an aeroplan business redemption they would put me in business once the flight closed subject to availability which looks good at that point, she said she would also tell the gate agent when she saw her. The lounge agent said she will keep an eye on it and let me know when I should go out to the gate. Six seats open at this time so I should be good. I should also mention the agents here in Saskatoon are very good to deal with in my experience.
Getting upgraded on mixed cabin Aeroplan redemptions

There's a very simple procedure they can follow to get you on the list. Then you'll clear ahead of non-revs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.