Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada expanding its service to Copenhagen

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada expanding its service to Copenhagen

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2016, 8:11 pm

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
Originally Posted by Arcanum
Given how small Scandinavia is, I'm surprised there's as much service as there is.

On a semi-related note, why is SAS not part of the trans-Atlantic JV with AC/UA/LH/etc.?
The JV requires 1) strong premium traffic flows and 2) substantial marketing and IT investments among its members, neither of which applies to SAS.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 6:27 pm

I currently have the following booking for next July (J ticket):
CPH-EWR-YUL-YOW SK,AC,AC

Are there other more optimal routes to do this leg without paying more other than a change fee? Lots of time to do this and I will be looking at availability from time to time.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
I currently have the following booking for next July (J ticket):
CPH-EWR-YUL-YOW SK,AC,AC

Are there other more optimal routes to do this leg without paying more other than a change fee? Lots of time to do this and I will be looking at availability from time to time.
CPH-YYZ-YOW on AC if you can find availability.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by The Lev
CPH-YYZ-YOW on AC if you can find availability.
I think he's asking how to get a more direct/better routing without adding YQ.

SK is your only non-YQ option for the TATL sector if you want to have only one stop CPH>YOW. So that yields:

CPH-EWR-YOW (SK, UA)
CPH-BOS-YOW (SK, AC)
CPH-IAD-YOW (SK, UA)
CPH-ORD-YOW (SK, UA)
Old Oct 24, 2016, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by eigenvector
I think he's asking how to get a more direct/better routing without adding YQ.
Wait for the inevitable schedule changes.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by tracon
Wait for the inevitable schedule changes.
OK, I will wait but how long?
Old Dec 21, 2016, 6:21 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Looking to travel YYZ-CPH around the middle/end of March. Was hoping the Dreamliner would still be on this route at that time so I could try the 788 or 789 J, but it looks like it will be a 333.

Anyone know why there would be a different departure time than usual for a random Saturday? The CPH route usually seems to depart YYZ at 20:55, yet it's scheduled to depart at 18:40 on 03/25 and 19:55 on 03/11. It's listed as 20:55 for every other Saturday in March and April except those 2. Just wondered why since it isn't a change that lasts for a block of time, it's just a time change for 2 Saturdays.

Last edited by jtpc; Dec 21, 2016 at 6:29 pm
Old Dec 21, 2016, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by jtpc
Looking to travel YYZ-CPH around the middle/end of March. Was hoping the Dreamliner would still be on this route at that time so I could try the 788 or 789 J, but it looks like it will be a 333.

Anyone know why there would be a different departure time than usual for a random Saturday? The CPH route usually seems to depart YYZ at 20:55, yet it's scheduled to depart at 18:40 on 03/25 and 19:55 on 03/11. It's listed as 20:55 for every other Saturday in March and April except those 2. Just wondered why since it isn't a change that lasts for a block of time, it's just a time change for 2 Saturdays.
Are those two dates not the times when daylight saving starts perhaps?
The Europeans go 2 weeks earlier I think (or other way around)
Old Dec 22, 2016, 2:09 pm

CPH or FRA for connection?

I have a flight from HEL to YYZ in early January and have the option of flying through CPH or FRA. As I have been through FRA about 20 times last year, I was thinking about giving CPH a try, for a change if nothing else. My usual experience in CPH is running through the airport to connect with an SAS flight, so I must admit, I haven't seen much of it. Any comments on killing 3 or 4 hours in CPH and its lounges vs FRA?
Old Dec 22, 2016, 2:46 pm

Take the train direct to city hall or main train station and wander for an hour or two. It is pretty quick. SAS lounge is decent - usually has smoked salmon options. Airport is nice and easy apart from lounge being landside of immigration (within schengen).
Old Dec 22, 2016, 3:01 pm
yrp

Originally Posted by jcfontario
I have a flight from HEL to YYZ in early January and have the option of flying through CPH or FRA. As I have been through FRA about 20 times last year, I was thinking about giving CPH a try, for a change if nothing else. My usual experience in CPH is running through the airport to connect with an SAS flight, so I must admit, I haven't seen much of it. Any comments on killing 3 or 4 hours in CPH and its lounges vs FRA?
The CPH lounge is nice. I thought the LH lounges are generally better. CPH has a store selling licorice balls that are quite good, were popular gifts.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 4:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by yrp
The CPH lounge is nice. I thought the LH lounges are generally better. CPH has a store selling licorice balls that are quite good, were popular gifts.
The liquorice balls are : LAKRIDS (By Johan Bulow) and one of my 10 favourite things on the planet. They are carried at Magasin Department Store as well as their kiosk at CPH Airport. The Bronze Salted Carmel version is the featured flavour for Christmas 2016.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.