FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   YYZ Mini Do - June 6th - summer edition! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1675974-yyz-mini-do-june-6th-summer-edition.html)

superangrypenguin Apr 28, 2015 8:59 pm

YYZ Mini Do - June 6th - summer edition!

Hey everyone,

Hoping people can make it out to the YYZ Mini Do! The last mini Do was super successful, hosted by our very own yyttraveler. That was held in downtown TO, and so I thought i'd alternate locations. The December Do was near the airport, the most recent one was in downtown TO so this one will be near the airport.

Please put yourself on the Wiki if you can make it out! Would love to meet everyone either for the first time or again!

*Airline staff more than welcome!!

OK I admit, there might have been some behind the scenes planning here ;) :D

yyznomad Apr 28, 2015 9:02 pm

Ugh. Another weekend DO. Me fail.

superangrypenguin Apr 28, 2015 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 24736646)

Bah, at least I get to meet you tomorrow :) Sorry it didn't work out, but the majority of people want weekend Do's due to work.

Yyttraveler Apr 28, 2015 9:10 pm

Hope this one turns out as well or even better than the last YYZ Do!
Unfortunately I'll be in YFC at that time, but look forward to a future Do in YOW :D. Seems like a great core crew confirmed already.

superangrypenguin Apr 28, 2015 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by Yyttraveler (Post 24736689)
Hope this one turns out as well or even better than the last YYZ Do!
Unfortunately I'll be in YFC at that time, but look forward to a future Do in YOW :D. Seems like a great core crew confirmed already.

We got big shoes to fill dude! Oh yes, sshh, we can't reveal what the next YOW Do will be like!! ;) :) :D Otherwise everyone will be on us.

Nothing to see here folks, move along :D

canadiancow Apr 28, 2015 9:15 pm

If we go back there, I'm wearing a "No, I'm not driving" shirt.

superangrypenguin Apr 28, 2015 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 24736703)
If we go back there, I'm wearing a "No, I'm not driving" shirt.

LOL, you'll need to. I'm not a huge restaurant goer there b/c i'm never there but where else can we get a "private room" for "free" with just us FTers? I can't think of any near YYZ. Anyone have any suggestions?

Yes, they were a bit alcohol stingy there, not that I would know as I was driving and did not have 1 single drink last time. The YVR Do attenders are like...what??? :D

jerryhung Apr 28, 2015 9:21 pm

Ooh....... I will actually be at Quality Suites (choice hotel BRG, $0) for that night

I may want to go for my first ever YYZ-Do.... see if my wife allows me :)

superangrypenguin Apr 28, 2015 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhung (Post 24736727)
Ooh....... I will actually be at Quality Suites (choice hotel BRG, $0) for that night

I may want to go for my first ever YYZ-Do.... see if my wife allows me :)

I'll put you in the waitlist list. Remember, you're here to gain some valuable insights with other FFers to save money so you can buy your wife nicer things ;) :D However you sell it....:D

AirCanadaFlyer Apr 28, 2015 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 24736646)

weekend does are tough for me too but if the Penguin's organizing it, I feel I need to make it work, atleast for a couple of hours...

superangrypenguin Apr 28, 2015 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by AirCanadaFlyer (Post 24736748)
weekend does are tough for me too but if the Penguin's organizing it, I feel I need to make it work, atleast for a couple of hours...

YAYYY! Fingers crossed. Would love to have you there :D

canadiancow Apr 28, 2015 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin (Post 24736714)
LOL, you'll need to. I'm not a huge restaurant goer there b/c i'm never there but where else can we get a "private room" for "free" with just us FTers? I can't think of any near YYZ. Anyone have any suggestions?

Yes, they were a bit alcohol stingy there, not that I would know as I was driving and did not have 1 single drink last time. The YVR Do attenders are like...what??? :D

They weren't stingy, just annoying.

We could go to the MLL. It closes at what? Midnight?

Not the greatest drinks, but free.

superangrypenguin Apr 28, 2015 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 24736754)

Dude, great idea, but...no. That would require a lot of people to buy latitude tickets and to cancel...

Next Do, go for it, i'll join but I think that some will find that unethical and others don't want to put a B fare on their CC...that's a lot of $ credit wise that ties up.

Now if we're legit trying to fly somewhere, i'm in. :D

allbrosca Apr 28, 2015 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin (Post 24736745)
Remember, you're here to gain some valuable insights with other FFers to save money so you can buy your wife nicer things ;) :D....:D

That sounds familiar. Hope to see you there :cool:

24left Apr 28, 2015 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 24736754)

Recall I suggested we hold a Do there, partly for that reason.
Then a whole bunch of realists here pointed out logistics, you know, silly stuff like needing BPs.
Nice way to ruin a party.

And, if we're in the MLL, why would they even think of closing?
No sense of humor.