Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Weird or just plain incorrect things FAs/SDs have said while on board

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weird or just plain incorrect things FAs/SDs have said while on board

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2017, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad

TBH, I have not seen a legit rhyme or reason to any of the seemingly inconsistent application of cabin protocol. And this is just based on my 300+ AC flights in Y and J this year alone.
I will readily admit that the consistent inconsistency of AC (cabin protocol and beyond) makes drawing any conclusions regarding rules/policy/random decisions speculative at best.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 5:54 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Of course.

In cases where the FA is not sure, no need to make something up.
Just tell the pax to move after takeoff and leave it at that.
Yes exactly. Just tell me that since the doors were closed just wait till after we were in the air. Do not make up stuff that is obviously false. Again I was just moving from 14H to 14G so literally across the aisle. And I was already standing up getting stuff. I waited till the doors were closed so no last minute passengers showed up.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 6:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I move after doors close all the time.

But I always say, before hand, "if no one sits there, can I move once the doors close?"

It's never been an issue.

But I stand up when the door starts closing, and I'm buckled into the new seat before it's locked.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I move after doors close all the time.

But I always say, before hand, "if no one sits there, can I move once the doors close?"

It's never been an issue.

But I stand up when the door starts closing, and I'm buckled into the new seat before it's locked.
Quite often I see people move as soon as the doors close and nothing is said by crew.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 6:15 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Quite often I see people move as soon as the doors close and nothing is said by crew.
+1, although given how infrequently you fly, I'm not sure how meaningful your comment is.
lcohen999 likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: AP SE, Bonvoy Plat, HH Gold, EC Executive, Hertz Pres Circle, Avis Pres Club
I was on AC 85 yesterday with Mrs. FlyingUsedToBeFun and some of our kids, including a six month old infant. We specifically booked our seats in the bulkhead (Row 31 was what was available at the time we booked) so we could put the infant in the bassinet.

We were asked about the age and weight of our infant before the crew gave us the bassinet; perfectly legitimate questions at that time. A couple of hours into the flight, another FA started asking (somewhat aggressively) about the age and weight of our infant. We responded again and also mentioned that we had discussed this with a couple of FA's prior to receiving the bassinet. Her response was: "His age and weight before have nothing to do with his age and weight now" Huh??? Did you think he got that much older and heavier in the last two hours???
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
Originally Posted by FlyingUsedToBeFun
I was on AC 85 yesterday with Mrs. FlyingUsedToBeFun and some of our kids, including a six month old infant. We specifically booked our seats in the bulkhead (Row 31 was what was available at the time we booked) so we could put the infant in the bassinet.

We were asked about the age and weight of our infant before the crew gave us the bassinet; perfectly legitimate questions at that time. A couple of hours into the flight, another FA started asking (somewhat aggressively) about the age and weight of our infant. We responded again and also mentioned that we had discussed this with a couple of FA's prior to receiving the bassinet. Her response was: "His age and weight before have nothing to do with his age and weight now" Huh??? Did you think he got that much older and heavier in the last two hours???
Depends how much you fed him.

Power tripping FA by the sound of it.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

I'm sure there is a legit reason for this stupidity. Must be a safety reason.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
I'm sure there is a legit reason for this stupidity. Must be a safety reason.
In flight WB issues? That AC food might be too fattening. 😁
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: TK *G

According to special relativity, there is time dilation effect, and mass increases with velocity. Totally legitimate question from the FA
Old Oct 16, 2017, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by songsc
According to special relativity, there is time dilation effect, and mass increases with velocity. Totally legitimate question from the FA
but age should be decreasing, no?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
but age should be decreasing, no?
No
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Here's one that I think will cause a lot of eyeballs to go funny.

"Thank you for your Oneworld Em...., I mean Star Alliance Gold status" (I did not have my super elite number with this reservation but have Star Alliance gold with another carrier and was crediting to that programme instead)

We all have our tired days, and there's nothing peculiar with messing one alliance with another. What caused my ears to perk was the stewardess knew that the top tier status (or at least one of the tiers) of status with Oneworld was Emerald (assuming that's what she meant when she said "Em..."
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
Here's one that I think will cause a lot of eyeballs to go funny.

"Thank you for your Oneworld Em...., I mean Star Alliance Gold status" (I did not have my super elite number with this reservation but have Star Alliance gold with another carrier and was crediting to that programme instead)

We all have our tired days, and there's nothing peculiar with messing one alliance with another. What caused my ears to perk was the stewardess knew that the top tier status (or at least one of the tiers) of status with Oneworld was Emerald (assuming that's what she meant when she said "Em..."
I know that SkyWest does both UA and DL, so the FAs there could easily make this mistake.

Was this regional or mainline?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I know that SkyWest does both UA and DL, so the FAs there could easily make this mistake.

Was this regional or mainline?
Mainline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.