Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Weird or just plain incorrect things FAs/SDs have said while on board

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weird or just plain incorrect things FAs/SDs have said while on board

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by songsc
I remember reading a trip report, someone in Saudia J was asking for a full can of coke but got refused because that's against their policy. That person then kept asking for a glass of coke every five minute and eventually FA brought two cans of coke to that person.

So perhaps we can do the same on AC. If you can't get a full can of coke, just ask for two glasses of coke.
We should have a Stupid AC Policies thread.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by yyznomad
We should have a Stupid AC Policies thread.
Let me give AC exces some ideas, limit the water consumption to one cup every 30 minutes. Limit the washroom usage to once every 2 hour. Limit the oxygen consumption as well.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Limit the oxygen consumption as well.
You are talking about some posters here on FT, right?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by yyznomad
You are talking about some posters here on FT, right?
Well, I said limit, not cut off, so...

Hypoxia makes people eat less, drink less, use washroom less, so basically, costing AC money less. So, why not?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Well, I said limit, not cut off, so...

Hypoxia makes people eat less, drink less, use washroom less, so basically, costing AC money less. So, why not?
Sorry, I meant that some posters here lack oxygen to the brain. but same thing I guess.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I remember reading a trip report, someone in Saudia J was asking for a full can of coke but got refused because that's against their policy. That person then kept asking for a glass of coke every five minute and eventually FA brought two cans of coke to that person.

So perhaps we can do the same on AC. If you can't get a full can of coke, just ask for two glasses of coke.
Agreed, such stupidity on board.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:53 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by Stranger
To be fair, perhaps he meant that wifi had not yet been installed?
This was most likely what was meant and poorly communicated to the pax by the cabin crew member.

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Should have asked if the wheels are waiting to be put on.
Wheels are factory installed, the Go-Go wifi is not, and needs to be installed by the approved STC holder.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:39 am

YVR priority check-in:

"OK sir I need a credit card"

"OK uh why?" ~~thinking my tickets might not have been issued properly due to AC fraud department false positive~~

"Sir your credit card status doesn't give you any baggage allowance, I need your credit card if you want to check your bag"

Not technically incorrect, except I was flying J and was under the baggage allowance.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nazdoom
YVR priority check-in:

"OK uh why?" ~~thinking my tickets might not have been issued properly due to AC fraud department false positive~~

"Sir your credit card status doesn't give you any baggage allowance, I need your credit card if you want to check your bag"

Not technically incorrect, except I was flying J and was under the baggage allowance.
That's not on board though.

Pretty easy to find check in agents being wrong. I once was almost denied flying because the agent was doing something wrong checking into timatic. Good that the next agent saw it and intervened.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 9:09 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Stranger
That's not on board though. .....
Right.

Originally Posted by Nazdoom
YVR priority check-in:

Oh here's a thread for you

I work at the airport. You're wrong.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...-re-wrong.html
Old Aug 23, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: AC 25k
How about instead of things said, things done?

YVR-YCD on Sunday we had a FA who'd never flown this (13 min) route.
She proceeded to do a beverage service. She made it back to her seat about 20 seconds before we touched down.

As we were deplaning, I heard her asking the pilots if she was supposed to do the service, as her card said she was supposed to. The pilots had a good laugh at that one.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 11:46 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by hogdogz
She proceeded to do a beverage service. She made it back to her seat about 20 seconds before we touched down.
That’s impressive. I’ll give her points for effort and promptness. Hopefully that attitude will carrry over to other flights she’s working.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
How about instead of things said, things done?

As we were deplaning, I heard her asking the pilots if she was supposed to do the service, as her card said she was supposed to. The pilots had a good laugh at that one.
She'll never make that mistake again. As soon as she is on a flight with one of the old guard, militant "we're primarily here your safety" FA's she'll be brought into line.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: AC 25k
Originally Posted by The smallest state
She'll never make that mistake again. As soon as she is on a flight with one of the old guard, militant "we're primarily here your safety" FA's she'll be brought into line.
One can only hope that she only ever fly's this single FA route then! No cross-contamination
Old Aug 23, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
One can only hope that she only ever fly's this single FA route then! No cross-contamination
What's funny is I used to fly YVR to YYJ all the time. They used to serve drink service, then only OJ in little containers with a foil wrapper, then went to candies only and now they are 'primarily there for my safety' and not serving anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.