FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Limo service at YYZ for domestic to international transfers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1674585-limo-service-yyz-domestic-international-transfers.html)

margarita girl Apr 23, 2015 4:02 pm

Limo service at YYZ for domestic to international transfers

Currently at YYZ int'l lounge and ran into another FTer, B24H. He just flew from YXU-YYZ and was picked up in a BMW to be brought to the int'l lounge (on his way to LHR I believe). He is a MM and SE. I did a quick search and could not find any mention of this service. B24H thought it started on Apr 1. Guess that's a first step to being the premium airline that AC aspires to be.

PreferJ Apr 23, 2015 4:56 pm

Picked up where? Plane side by his Dash 8?

canadiancow Apr 23, 2015 5:03 pm

There was a thread about this, but without details.

So he is SE, MM, and probably in J? Which of those entitled him to the limo? :p

I know other airlines do it in F. I can't imagine AC could do it for everyone in J. There's no guarantee that an MM is currently or will continue to spend much money on AC. So if I had to guess, I'd say it's the SE aspect. Or maybe SE in J.

BlueMilk Apr 23, 2015 5:35 pm

I saw this happen earlier this month. A J passenger connecting internationally in Toronto was met on the bridge by a concierge to be shuttled away in a BMW.

The concierge explained to the gentleman he had been "selected" for this service. I interpreted this to mean it was a trial of some sort.

canadiancow Apr 23, 2015 5:41 pm

I'm tempted to book a domestic international connection to try this out :p

cooleddie Apr 23, 2015 5:43 pm

The limo better be in a luxury SUV. I hate sedans while carrying suitcases etc given its low height - it's much easier to get into and out of a luxury SUV.

superangrypenguin Apr 23, 2015 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by cooleddie (Post 24711510)
The limo better be in a luxury SUV. I hate sedans while carrying suitcases etc given its low height - it's much easier to get into and out of a luxury SUV.

Limo = implies Sedan. I for one, having back problems, hate SUV's. Why? Rough suspension for one. If it's a 7 series, it's plenty easy to get luggage in and out of - and the trunk space is huge. More legroom too, so if AC is going classy :cool: then going the way of a SUV would be cheap. I only get my butt shuttled around YEG and YYC in a 7 series BMW. Short of an S class, there is nothing better that AC can reasonably afford. (Maybach, Pullmans etc)

margarita girl Apr 23, 2015 6:02 pm

Sorry, I don't have more details. And it seems I got the handle wrong. :(

Hopefully B24H or whatever his name is, will chime in.

vernonc Apr 23, 2015 6:27 pm

Similar to UA service for GS?

LockheedElectra Apr 23, 2015 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 24711344)

I know other airlines do it in F. I can't imagine AC could do it for everyone in J.

Delta does it for all their Diamonds. I was travelling with a colleague that is Diamond, and we got whisked away in a Porsche Cayenne in ATL (I got carried along even as a lowly Pl)

Bonaventure Apr 23, 2015 7:01 pm

This would be quite the nice competitive enhancement despite never having the opportunity to use it.

YXXFlyer Apr 23, 2015 8:10 pm

Hold on. How long should the connection time maximum be? Is it only YYZ?
I'm going YYC-YYZ-CPH on May 1 with 2 hours layover... I'm imagining that's too much for this service :(

I must admit this does excite me a little...

why fly Apr 23, 2015 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 24711495)
I'm tempted to book a domestic international connection to try this out :p

it might be cheaper to rent a BMW for a weekend. ;) Or get a friend to give you a ride around the block.
PS if you really want a ride, book the LH First flight via FRA get a real F experience and the F terminal. ( check the link on FT for the F awards)

canadiancow Apr 23, 2015 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by why fly (Post 24712080)
it might be cheaper to rent a BMW for a weekend. ;) Or get a friend to give you a ride around the block.
PS if you really want a ride, book the LH First flight via FRA get a real F experience and the F terminal. ( check the link on FT for the F awards)

That was for 8 months from now, and the availability is gone.

I want this noooooow :p

winnipegrev Apr 23, 2015 9:14 pm

There are 2 BMW 750Lis.

FYI it is available (invite only) to customers connecting to intl or originating in YYZ. With only 2 cars though I bet they are extremely selective with it, separating the high yielding pax from the high maintenance pax ;)