Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Limo service at YYZ for domestic to international transfers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Limo service at YYZ for domestic to international transfers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow
You're paid J on a domestic to international connection (which is the requirement for the car). There are a ton of people traveling, but there aren't a ton of people who meet the criteria for the car.
I have a similar connection coming up in a few weeks (YVR->YYZ->CDG in P) - is this primarily for tight connections? I have 3.5 hours and plan to visit the Signature Suite.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 4:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JordanYVR
I have a similar connection coming up in a few weeks (YVR->YYZ->CDG in P) - is this primarily for tight connections? I have 3.5 hours and plan to visit the Signature Suite.
No. I don't know how many cars they have now, but when it was only a few, it was meant for VIPs, but they wouldn't let the cars sit idle if there were people connecting. If there are a lot of cars now, I'd expect them to attempt to drive everyone on a D-I connection who's eligible for the SS (like you).
Old Mar 14, 2018, 5:21 pm

Programs: AC:50K
Originally Posted by cooleddie
Got the Valet from domestic to international at YYZ today. E35K P fare. YYC-YYZ-TLV.

Was very pleasantly surprised. Greeted by a concierge upon arrival and we made our way downstairs to the vehicle. Maybe there wasn't many ppl travelling this time of the day!!
When the same thing happened to me last year (YVR-YYZ-LHR, P fare, 35K status), the concierge told me that "at the beginning of the day the computer spits out a list randomly selected from people connecting to international business class" and "status has nothing to do with it".
Old Mar 14, 2018, 9:14 pm

Programs: TK *G
I am so tempted to book something like YOW-YYZ-Asia instead of YYZ-Asia
Old Apr 17, 2018, 6:07 am

Programs: EK Gold, TK Elite, Marriott Rewards, Global Entry, MileagePlus
I'm reading that the BMW tarmac transfer is for domestic to international connections in Toronto. What does AC consider domestic? Is YYZ > BWI (Baltimore, MD) 'domestic'? I'm guessing this is because domestic flights operate out of a different concourse? I'm new to AC so don't really know how YYZ is setup...
Old Apr 17, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by vytas315
I'm reading that the BMW tarmac transfer is for domestic to international connections in Toronto. What does AC consider domestic? Is YYZ > BWI (Baltimore, MD) 'domestic'? I'm guessing this is because domestic flights operate out of a different concourse? I'm new to AC so don't really know how YYZ is setup...
Baltimore is transborder and not international.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 6:53 am

Air Canada maintains a database of FT people linked to AC numbers. They use that to put on the "Do-Not-Drive" list when they spit out the BMW schedule each day.

LOL.
Jebby_ca and Stranger like this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:14 am

Programs: EK Gold, TK Elite, Marriott Rewards, Global Entry, MileagePlus
Baltimore is transborder and not international.
.....so? Doesn't answer the question. Looking at recent flights it looks like the BWI flight arrives in Terminal 1 and international flights depart from the same. So in an effort to answer my own question, I don't think the limo service is applicable on this itinerary.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
.....so? Doesn't answer the question. Looking at recent flights it looks like the BWI flight arrives in Terminal 1 and international flights depart from the same. So in an effort to answer my own question, I don't think the limo service is applicable on this itinerary.
I guess I misunderstood your question. I thought you stated that you knew that the BMW was for international transfers. Then you asked about Baltimore. I told you Baltimore is not International, I am sorry that I made it so tough for you.
vytas315 likes this.

Last edited by tcook052; Apr 17, 2018 at 7:47 am Reason: invective
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: AC SE
All AC flights depart from Terminal 1 but this terminal is in fact divided in three sections: Domestic, Transborder (which really means US) and International. Baltimore would be Transborder, not International. So NO, the limo transfer is not offered on this itinerary.
vytas315 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
No. I don't know how many cars they have now, but when it was only a few, it was meant for VIPs, but they wouldn't let the cars sit idle if there were people connecting. If there are a lot of cars now, I'd expect them to attempt to drive everyone on a D-I connection who's eligible for the SS (like you).
Cow - I figure it is going to take about 30 pages in this post for folks to figure out that the BMW service allocation will henceforth be based upon SS YYZ suite qualifications. i.e. full or discounted paid J.

Included in those 30 pages will be much complaining that it should extend to Aeroplan J-bookings etc, as well as numerous posts that will involve obvious non-international transit routes.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:44 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
......Included in those 30 pages will be much complaining that it should extend to Aeroplan J-bookings etc, as well as numerous posts that will involve obvious non-international transit routes.
LOL. Are you volunteering to manage the thread? Create a wiki? Be a "senior manager"?
smallmj likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:45 am
Suspended

Programs: AC
Can someone please inform me why BMW service is such a big deal? I presume it's to save on some walking, but after a 15 hour flight, I don't mind a nice walk, and I have, on a few occasions, declined the offer. If I really want to be driven in a high end car, I leverage a limousine service to take me home/to the airport.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:04 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by jasdou
All AC flights depart from Terminal 1 but this terminal is in fact divided in three sections: Domestic, Transborder (which really means US) and International. Baltimore would be Transborder, not International. So NO, the limo transfer is not offered on this itinerary.

@vytas315

Welcome to AC.
@jasdou explains it well and pretty simply.

Other than the programs you belong to, it seems that you may not be familiar with the format of airports like YYZ. Set-up for connections between Domestic, Transborder and International departure areas is very different than in the U.S. and some other countries.

Canada to the USA is not international, it is transborder. Everyone clears U.S. Customs & Immigration here before departing. Once you do that, you are on the "U.S." side and cannot move between departure sections for U.S, and International, for example.

Here is a link to the airport website map page. It's not the best website compared to other airports around the world, so if you have questions re AC's departures, feel free to ask.

https://www.torontopearson.com/maps/#

vytas315 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
can someone please inform me why bmw service is such a big deal? I presume it's to save on some walking, but after a 15 hour flight, i don't mind a nice walk, and i have, on a few occasions, declined the offer. If i really want to be driven in a high end car, i leverage a limousine service to take me home/to the airport.
ego. Dykwia. Olamis
folkart likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.