Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Limo service at YYZ for domestic to international transfers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Limo service at YYZ for domestic to international transfers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
And they should know that nothing remains secret for very long around here.

Actually B24H said he thought the service had been available since Apr 1, so it's surprising that no one has reported about it sooner. Waiting for Plumber's report!
Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:09 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
"Paid J", as in Paid J?
or "Paid J" as in Paid Z?

If you're a 2MM J buyer, I hope you get your 7-series shuttle. ........... Z buyers can jump in the middle back seat of a 3-series with their fellow Z-buyers.

J buyer:Z buyer = 7-series:3-series.
LOL
Fares purchased vary...not all strictly J fares.
..sometimes full J, sometimes C, sometimes Z and (Gasp) sometimes P ....

All depends on possible need to make changes, how close to flight time purchase etc....
Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
I'm going to assume, that it's only for people with tight connections, or reasonably tight connections.

There have been many times I've got 4+ hours in YYZ for Dom-INTL. Even if I was a SE3MM on a full J I wouldn't expect it because I've got enough time to crawl.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
This is normal for LH when flying F.

Maybe one day I will use my points to fly F with LH then use all the perks

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
"Paid J", as in Paid J?
or "Paid J" as in Paid Z?

If you're a 2MM J buyer, I hope you get your 7-series shuttle. ........... Z buyers can jump in the middle back seat of a 3-series with their fellow Z-buyers.

J buyer:Z buyer = 7-series:3-series.
I'm curious how many people/company actually pay a FULL J.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
I'm going to assume, that it's only for people with tight connections, or reasonably tight connections.
You may be right. I have a 2 hour cnx so plenty of time to walk....we'll see
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Currently at YYZ int'l lounge and ran into another FTer, B24H.
The part that this was discovered in the INTL lounge is what gives me hope its not just for tight connections..
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Waiting for Plumber's report!
No love from AC today.

Would have been a good day too...when I arrived at YOW in taxi, the pull handle of my rolling suitcase broke.....no problem, there is a Bentley at YOW that I have walked by hundreds of times, but never bought there....so I go to Bently, and it is boarded up...putting in a Wine Bar!!
Anyways, made my way to INTL and bought a new Tumi.

Asked Concierge at INTL MLL and she said BMWs are not just for SE..for SEs, VIP, high yield customers..list is sent daily from Montreal HQ...she said they do one transfer every 30 minutes....so they cannot get to everybody...she did not say much more.....

Will try and question in the way out to get more details if I can...ie is this a trial? If successful, will they roll it out further? Or are 2 cars the most there will be?
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Plumber
Asked Concierge at INTL MLL and she said BMWs are not just for SE..for SEs, VIP, high yield customers..list is sent daily from Montreal HQ...she said they do one transfer every 30 minutes....so they cannot get to everybody...she did not say much more.....
?
Uh oh. SE segregation now. Am now expecting to read a whole flurry of SE's with their panties in a bunch.

What interests me is the term "high yield customer". Does that mean J = BMW transfer and Z = walk instead, peon

I wonder if it'll become a published benefit for full J, or if there will be a new tier of SE's reserved for only high yield SE.

Hmm.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Uh oh. SE segregation now. Am now expecting to read a whole flurry of SE's with their panties in a bunch.

What interests me is the term "high yield customer". Does that mean J = BMW transfer and Z = walk instead, peon

I wonder if it'll become a published benefit for full J, or if there will be a new tier of SE's reserved for only high yield SE.

Hmm.
I have no problem with this, and I likely won't make the cut even though all my international is paid J (Z) now. Would be nice if they offered this as an add-on though when you purchase the fare.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 4:54 pm

Programs: AC Elite 50K

Hmm.
Everything that I have heard or read here and elsewhere seems to indicate the following is at play... And rumour has it there may be an SE/J lounge at YYZ before too long. Though I don't think it will be in domestic land - as I don't know where they'd put it. I suppose they could put it on top of the shops in the hammer head.

That said if there INTL strategy works on a long term basis you'll probably see a major lounge expansion.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 4:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yvr76
I have no problem with this, and I likely won't make the cut even though all my international is paid J (Z) now. Would be nice if they offered this as an add-on though when you purchase the fare.
This would make sense because airlines are pursuing ancillary revenue like a kid pursues candy and an adult pursuing fizzy drinks
Old Apr 24, 2015, 5:49 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.1.2708 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by LittleYHZ

Hmm.
Everything that I have heard or read here and elsewhere seems to indicate the following is at play... And rumour has it there may be an SE/J lounge at YYZ before too long. Though I don't think it will be in domestic land - as I don't know where they'd put it. I suppose they could put it on top of the shops in the hammer head.

That said if there INTL strategy works on a long term basis you'll probably see a major lounge expansion.
There's an SE lounge coming to INTL at YYZ... should be interesting.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Sounds like this is more "VIP" and "high yield" oriented with SEs accommodated where possible.

Unless I fit in the "high yield" category (because I have no clue what that means in terms of individual spend or you are a C-level who gives his company business to AC), I will just accept that I will never get chosen for this service.

Originally Posted by CdnFlier

Wait WHAT! I thought that was for YUL! Are you saying a second SE int'l lounge will happen, and this time at YYZ?!

Last edited by tcook052; Apr 25, 2015 at 1:01 am
Old Apr 25, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: AC Elite 50K
Originally Posted by CdnFlier
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.1.2708 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Yeah I figured it would have to be international if they were doing it.

I mean the reality is that there just isn't any space at Pearson on the domestic pier where you could put another lounge really, save the swing zone. Do you know roughly where they're putting it? I presume across the hall from the existing lounge or on the main level?
Old Apr 25, 2015, 4:55 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K; Marriott Titanium; NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow
That was for 8 months from now, and the availability is gone.

I want this noooooow
This should be on your list to do though if you're looking for the experience. A BMW ride at YYZ won't quite come close to FRA F Terminal. Worth the wait (IMHO).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.