Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q about segments

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2015, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Q about segments

Hello, would anyone happen to know if a recent flight I took from YVR to FLL with a connection in Houston count as two segments? Thnx
Old Apr 15, 2015, 4:20 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Motoss
Hello, would anyone happen to know if a recent flight I took from YVR to FLL with a connection in Houston count as two segments? Thnx
Yes it does. Assuming you booked it into an eligible fare code, you should get AQM and AQS for both segments.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YXXFlyer
Yes it does. Assuming you booked it into an eligible fare code, you should get AQM and AQS for both segments.
Add that flight numbers need to be different.

i.e. AC flight from Toronto/Vancouver/Seoul is (IIRC)AC063 . 2 segments but only counts for 1 segment.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 7:10 pm

True.. I've only seen those where at least one leg is INTL. Any NA ones that continue with the same flight number?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by YXXFlyer
True.. I've only seen those where at least one leg is INTL. Any NA ones that continue with the same flight number?
There is YVR DEN IAH on UA. I think it is UA490.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 7:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
United does this a lot, but I haven't seen it on AC.

I was going to book something like TPA-EWR-IAH-SFO once for extra miles, then I realized that all three flights had the same number, so I booked TPA-IAH-SFO (different flight numbers) to save time and earn more miles

I think it might be a consequence of them running out of flight numbers more than anything else, but you don't want to get caught in a situation like that.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 7:38 pm

Thanks for the heads up! Another reason to avoid UA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.