Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

My AC-VIA Rail Protection Experience

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My AC-VIA Rail Protection Experience

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2020, 3:33 pm

Programs: HH Gold, MR Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by karlpenney
A few months ago I booked YHZ-YYZ-YGK for Feb 29 that was to get us to YGK in the morning. With recent schedule changes there is now just one late night YYZ-YGK flight on that date. I asked an AC agent if we would be able to use our AC tickets to take VIA from Toronto to Kingston instead, but she didn't know. My son has used the VIA agreement a couple times recently due cancelled flights. I'm wondering if it can also be used for a schedule change situation like this one?
VIA rail told me the agreement can only be used for IRROPS, so we're probably out of luck there.

Last month I needed an agent to fix up our return on Mar 9 due to another schedule change. But, the outbound was left as is, along with a note that I could still change to an earlier YYZ-YGK flight if one appeared. At this point, it doesn't look like there will be any, so I wonder if they will let me drop YYZ-YGK? We get to YYZ early on Feb 29 and we'd like make our own way to Kingston in the morning.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 7:17 pm

So any favourable treatment or reciprocal privileges for VIA passengers who are being disrupted by the protestors blocking the tracks and want to travel on AC?

Or is the 'agreement' just one way?
Old Feb 11, 2020, 6:35 pm

Programs: AC E35K
Originally Posted by pitz
So any favourable treatment or reciprocal privileges for VIA passengers who are being disrupted by the protestors blocking the tracks and want to travel on AC?

Or is the 'agreement' just one way?
It should be a bilateral agreement, but there's no way AC has the slack capacity to accommodate the extra pax.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.