Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new YYC America West service

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2002, 7:32 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Does America West have any interline agreements (in terms of combined fares) for those who live in eg Ottawa or Edmonton?
Old Oct 30, 2002, 8:09 am
At Large

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Shareholder:
Parnel, being in the construction business, you would love such boondoggles, of course. The land was already owned by the city or province, so that is an irrelevancy. Construction costs are high at this time because the economy is strong and there is great demand for labourers of all sorts,not to mention the project was started when the city was scrambling to get facilities and infrastructure ready for "The Worlds". The city's roads department dictates all other planning priorities to the city, and counsellors cower when they rubber stamp these budgets. Of course, it doesn't hurt that the province virtually guarantees the matching funds for such projects, thus distorting other priorities within the city's budget. These projects could certainly have waited for the next recession.

[This message has been edited by Shareholder (edited 10-27-2002).]
</font>
IOW you still believe in pork barrel politics;wait until it is politically expedient and then bribe the voters---jeez you just don't get it.
Old Oct 30, 2002, 12:50 pm
B1

Is anyone else amused by the fact that the Aeroplan board has a thread that deals (1) with an airline that is not in any way associated with AP and (2) a self-described worm farmer who ran for mayor of two major cities? I am guilty of starting a similar thread when HP started its YYZ-PHX service but no one could work in the Tooker Gomber angle.

This will be very difficult to top. We should have a thread that collects the odd threads of this board for permanent reference in the FT museum.

Fixed a few typos......

[This message has been edited by B1 (edited 10-30-2002).]
Old Oct 30, 2002, 2:33 pm
At Large

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by B1:
Is anyone else amused by the fact that the Aeroplan board has a thread that deals (1) with an airline that is not in any way associated with AP and (2) a self-described worm farmer who ran for mayor of two major cities? I am guilty of starting a similar thread when HP started its YYZ-PHX service but no one could work in the Tooker Gomber angle.

This will be very difficult to top. We should have a thread that collects the odd threads of this board for permanent reference in the FT museum.

Fixed a few typos......

[This message has been edited by B1 (edited 10-30-2002).]
</font>
we are free thinkers here--not Tooker types as opposed to "kooks" who think they are free thinkers
Old Oct 30, 2002, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
On my last two trips on HP, I must say the F/As really aim to please. They come around very often in first class with the drinks (unlike the lazy fat a**es on some AA and US flights where you have to keep ringing them for refills), and the reservation agents on the telephone are extremely friendly! They might not have the most luxurious product out there, but they have the best attitude of any North American carrier I've experienced. That says a lot.

The FF program is pretty good too. You get unlimited upgrades, and the ability to earn/redeem miles on airlines like BA, VS, NW, HA, etc.

It's a more "refreshing" experience dealing with a friendly agent in sunny Phoenix than dealing with a b***h with attitude in Montréal.

[This message has been edited by FlyerAl (edited 10-30-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.