Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: How to Save Money/YQ on Aeroplan Europe redemptions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: How to Save Money/YQ on Aeroplan Europe redemptions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Is Aeroplan Lowering Fuel Surcharges? Prince of Travel
https://princeoftravel.com/blog/is-a...uel-surcharges

Looks like lower YQ for Economy
​​​​​​​No YQ on TAP
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:20 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by jerryhung
Is Aeroplan Lowering Fuel Surcharges? Prince of Travel
https://princeoftravel.com/blog/is-a...uel-surcharges

Looks like lower YQ for Economy
No YQ on TAP
Isnt YQ demanded by the airlines though, not AP?

And it’s not $500 in YQ for a non J TATL flight in AC. It’s $254 including all taxes YYZ LHR in PY. The only time I’ve seen it over $500 one way is in J. And it’s more like $325 in Y even out of LHR if memory serves.

While it’s good a blogger(?) has picked this up, they appear to have some of their facts wrong.

Last edited by jc94; Sep 5, 2018 at 7:26 pm
Old Sep 12, 2018, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by tdot_guy
So the agent I spoke to just now told me that they have temporarily removed SAS, SWISS and ANA from their booking tool as "Something is broken" , according to him no one can book on those airlines through Aeroplan/AC . He said to keep checking and it might ok by monday.
Terrific news to share with you, LX availability has opened up on the Aeroplan site today:

You're welcome!

-James
tdot_guy and jc94 like this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 5:31 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Terrific news to share with you, LX availability has opened up on the Aeroplan site today:

You're welcome!

-James
You're about 8 hours late.
ffsim likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:02 pm

I am looking to book 4 people in Y to Europe next Summer from Calgary. Basically I was going to keep it simple and visit Stockholm, Brussels and Paris.
Is the YYZ-BRU flight gone for good on award booking (checked Aeroplan, United and ANA)?
My ideal route is as follows but with SN not bookable on points I'm open to other suggestions.
YYC-ORD-ARN (stop), ARN-CDG (stop), CDG-BRU (destination)
BRU-YYZ-YYC (return flight)
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by danno95
I am looking to book 4 people in Y to Europe next Summer from Calgary. Basically I was going to keep it simple and visit Stockholm, Brussels and Paris.
Is the YYZ-BRU flight gone for good on award booking (checked Aeroplan, United and ANA)?
My ideal route is as follows but with SN not bookable on points I'm open to other suggestions.
At this point, along with issues on Partner airlines (see another thread), don't count on No-YQ airlines. Plus SN, LX, UA were already hard to book in the first place

You get what you get and plan around it (or ready to book your own intra-Europe flight)
Take TK if you can find them
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: AC 75K
Do you have specific dates in mind? IME SK is not great on availability, so your ideal outbound may be difficult, but I think this something is doable with low YQ...especially now that LX is appearing again.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Do you have specific dates in mind? IME SK is not great on availability, so your ideal outbound may be difficult, but I think this something is doable with low YQ...especially now that LX is appearing again.
I am planning ahead for the following itinerary although I am willing to switch the order of the destinations.
Aug. 7/19 YYC-ORD-ARN
Aug. 13/19 ARN-CDG
Aug. 17/19 CDG-BRU
Aug. 23/19 BRU-YYZ-YYC
As well if SN Brussels Airlines isn't bookable I am open to other routings back to YYC
Old Sep 13, 2018, 9:04 am

I am planning ahead for the following itinerary although I am willing to switch the order of the destinations.
Aug. 7/19 YYC-ORD-ARN
Aug. 13/19 ARN-CDG
Aug. 17/19 CDG-BRU
Aug. 23/19 BR U-YYZ-YYC
As well if SN Brussels Airlines isn't bookable I am open to other routings back to YYC
I hope SN will honor the booking I already have ..... BRU-YYZ-YYC for July.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
I hope SN will honor the booking I already have ..... BRU-YYZ-YYC for July.
Why wouldn't they?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 10:04 am

Aug. 7/19 YYC-ORD-ARN
Aug. 13/19 ARN-CDG
Aug. 17/19 CDG-BRU
Aug. 23/19 BRU-YYZ-YYC
Aug 7: YYC-ARN is doable via ORD or EWR. SK is not available so you can either do the nonstop EWR-ARN on UA, or connect via ZRH on LX. YYC-ORD/EWR may require connections - but you should be able to easily search these options

Aug 13: ARN-CDG lots of one stop options on LH or LX. If you connect via ZRH on your way to ARN, you will not be able to connect in ZRH on this leg.

Aug 17: Non-stop SN flight is available

Aug 23: Can't confirm, but I don't even think SN award space is available this far out.

You'll need to watch out for maximum permitted mileage for the routing you end up with. CDG will be considered your point of return. So, all of your segments between YYC and CDG cannot add up to more than 7788 miles. The same goes for all segments from CDG back to YYC.

eg: YYC-YYZ-EWR-ZRH-ARN-FRA-CDG is too many miles and won't be allowed. But, YYC-YYZ-EWR-ARN-FRA-CDG would be. Use Great Circle Mapper to approximate the total mileage of your routing.

Note that all of this information I was able to get from the Aeroplan website, so you should be able to do the same.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 7:47 pm

Thanks for all the assistance Chris A330. I am hoping the YYC-ORD-ARN will show up on Aug. 7th. for outgoing on UA then SK.
I am still baffled about the return but will hope for BRU-ORD-YYC all on United.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 8:43 pm

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Can confirm no more YQ on TAP

I just booked:
YWG-YYZ AC
YYZ-BOS AC
BOS-ZRH LX
ZRH-BCN LX turn
BCN-OPO TP
OPO-FNC TP stop
FNC-LIS TP stop
LIS-YYZ TP
YYZ-YWG AC

Economy x 2. Finally have rid myself of aeropesos. 120k down the hatch after my solo F 220k mini RTW in Feb.

Fees 264.40 per person. Plus booking fee 30.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 8:49 pm

I am still trying to collect these pesos for 2020 trip. Am I too optimistic?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
Originally Posted by j2simpso

You're welcome!

-James
thank you , I booked mine from yul- zrh , nothing was available from yyz, very happy to try swiss and saved a lot of $$ on fuel surcharge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.