Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: How to Save Money/YQ on Aeroplan Europe redemptions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: How to Save Money/YQ on Aeroplan Europe redemptions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2015, 5:19 pm

IST is Europe 2, there will be a reprice if you stop there.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Twickenham
If they stop in IST, that becomes the destination, with MUC as a stop, thus extending the MPM.

Any reason you favour the 777? I would have thought the 2-3-2 vs. 2-2-2 seating on the A330 would have given the latter the edge.
77W/77B has Free wi-fi for J pax (1 device per seat)
besides that, no big difference between A330 (YUL-IST) and 77B (IST-ORD) I tried in May

Originally Posted by kay sedia
So even once I add the return, a stopover in IST will change points required? Would it not just be another 45000 return?
Yes, the "furtherest" >24hr stop = destination and determines the prices
Old Jul 22, 2015, 8:56 pm

Is it still a early to book a return trip from CDG to YVR for June 6 ish 2016? I've tried, yul,yyz,ord,ewr,jfk and few others and the issue is getting back from one of those mentioned airports to YVR. I should add - trying to book two biz class.

Last edited by Motoss; Jul 22, 2015 at 11:14 pm
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

bumping this up for some to see

and to add some real bookings to demonstrate real Low YQ
YYZ-IAD-BRU-ORD-YYZ in UA F. Only $161CAD in fees
Old Aug 7, 2015, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That would be the best deal around... if it wasn't on UA.

But, if one only really cares about getting to the destination "in style" in a F cabin, and with the smallest detour or "delay in time", then I guess that works.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 6:46 am

I'm looking at YYZ-FRA-HKG-YYZ next March and was given various combinations for all 3 legs but each time after the first leg was selected (regardless my pick) the second leg, my favourite TG was greyed out? Any thoughts please? thanks
Old Aug 9, 2015, 10:32 am

Usually means you're over mpm
Old Aug 9, 2015, 6:49 pm

Angry

Originally Posted by crimsona
Usually means you're over mpm
I understand that but what's the point of displaying some unbookable fligfhts since regardless of what first leg chosen, the TG second leg always greyed out
Old Aug 9, 2015, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by steveche
I understand that but what's the point of displaying some unbookable fligfhts since regardless of what first leg chosen, the TG second leg always greyed out
Can't really fix it unless you change your destinations to further, maybe TPE (?) or BKK/SIN will definitely fix it

YYZ-FRA-HKG-YYZ -> YYZ-FRA-SIN, SIN-HKG, HKG-YYZ
FRA stop #1
SIN Destination
HKG stop #2

you need to call in to book it though
but online multi-city should be able to validate
Old Aug 11, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: Amex MR, SPG, Aeroplan
Have you checked the dates you have entered? I searched random dates in March, and no problem getting TG for second leg.

Last edited by tcook052; Aug 11, 2015 at 8:39 am Reason: image not opening
Old Aug 11, 2015, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Lazarev
Have you checked the dates you have entered? I searched random dates in March, and no problem getting TG for second leg.

The date of my first leg is NOT flexible and must arrive FRA on Mar.13 for catching an early coach tour the following morning. And there's always no direct flight shows up. Second leg to HKG is preferably on Mar.21. Just tried it and the same problem.

Jerry, i've no issue paying the $30 to book over the phone but need to know exactly what's your recommended itineraries for 75,000 points on Y.

Thanks guys
Old Aug 12, 2015, 1:33 pm

Programs: Amex MR, SPG, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by steveche
The date of my first leg is NOT flexible and must arrive FRA on Mar.13 for catching an early coach tour the following morning. And there's always no direct flight shows up. Second leg to HKG is preferably on Mar.21. Just tried it and the same problem.
Apparently I nabbed the date with direct flight...

One thing that routing engine of Erroplan never offers is for first leg to go through NA hub. If you search YUL-FRA-HKG-YUL, you will be able to select Thai, so that means that YYZ-(BOS)-FRA might be viable option to preserve TG flights for second leg.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by Lazarev
Apparently I nabbed the date with direct flight...

One thing that routing engine of Erroplan never offers is for first leg to go through NA hub. If you search YUL-FRA-HKG-YUL, you will be able to select Thai, so that means that YYZ-(BOS)-FRA might be viable option to preserve TG flights for second leg.
Looks like a sick trip, what's the $$ on that? I imagine it's pretty high between LH and TG.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 11:38 am

Programs: UA Plat; Marriott Gold; SPG Gold; Hyatt Gold; Hertz Gold
Hi all,

I'll be travelling early next year for business from YVR to OPO and TLV. I'm trying to figure out a way to use points to bring my wife with.

The "best" routing, for me, that I've come up with is YVR-FRA-OPO (stop) OPO-FRA-TLV (stop) TLV-FRA-YVR. (Alternate for the last return is TLV-YYZ-YVR.) This routing meets corporate policy (i.e. relatively cheap), and is fairly time efficient.

However, it has two downsides: I can't book it for her on AP website (I think, this is due to hitting FRA twice on the outbound, but I'm not sure.), and the high YQ.

I'm looking for suggestions for valid routing that meets: relatively cheap for the paid ticket; relatively cheap for the points ticket, and relatively efficient. (E.g. I'd be ok paying $150 surcharge to avoid a 26hr OPO-TLV route in favor of a 14hr route.)

Thanks.

(As a separate issue, AP website won't let me reserve an international flight for a child unless I also reserve for an adult. Is that possible if I call in with a confirmation # for a revenue ticket for them to tie it to?)
Old Sep 14, 2015, 8:21 am
Original Poster

I hate how award spaces fluctuate daily or even intra-day (beyond the incremental decrease, IMO)

for 1 day new YYZ-PRG on ACRouge were wide open for Summer 2016
next day (noon-ish), it's all gone for every flight...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.