Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Priority Rewards limit to ten reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Rewards limit to ten reservations

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2019, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by vernonc
Thanks for the explanation.
Ok, if they are oversold.
But what is the explanation of the outbound one way available only in Latitude but return (both legs) available as flex ? So the return fare is cheaper than the one way. And the availability increase after I purchased the ticket. If they are oversold, why offer a cheaper return fare and increase availability ?
@vernonc

Which route and which dates?
International itinerary?

Last edited by yyznomad; Feb 1, 2019 at 5:12 pm
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by yyznomad

@vernonc

Which route and which dates?
International itinerary?
YYZ-EZE
08-16 March
AC direct flights, there are only one direct on these dates. AC94/95
The outbound was approx $1200 yesterday, today it became $2900.
Return was approx $620 yesterday, today was $1290.
Booking a round trip today was approx $2500, more than yesterday but less than the two one ways.
Availability improved after I booked this morning as per my post upthread.
Aeroplan had no priority availability on the outbound but they did have availability on the return. The return has J2, PE = 0, Y seems wide open with 9 in all classes.
So the main issue was on the outbound. Also surprising that availability improved on the outbound after I booked which if oversold seem counter intuitive.
Also as of today, the roundtrip prices better than two one ways which was not the case yesterday.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vernonc
Thanks.
I did call and yes they could not book. However the agent said that AC holds onto some seat and does not release them and priority rewards do not apply to those seats. Either the agent is wrong, the flight is sold or AC is holding seats and may release at the last minute. No mention at all by the agent of being oversold.
The agent is wrong.

Originally Posted by Plumber
Those numbers could still very much indicate an oversold situation. We have no way to verify that.
Yes we do. The easiest way is to see if there's IKK available.
Plumber and JordanYVR like this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 5:33 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
So, I tried to cancel an IKK reward online a couple of weeks ago. Somehow it got screwed up during the process. The taxes/fees got refunded to my credit card, but the cancellation fee was never charged, and the miles weren't refunded. The booking continued to exist in my list of bookings on both Aeroplan site/app and the AC app.

I finally got this cleaned up yesterday, miles came right back in to the account, but I forgot to check for the IKK credit. After checking today, it has not come back. Anyone else been through this and have any tips on how to minimize the headaches in getting the credit back?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:24 am

Call and ask.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:18 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Call and ask.
So, the answer to my question is no, you have no particular insights.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
So, the answer to my question is no, you have no particular insights.
The answer is actually yes, you need to call them and get them to give you back the credit, which I have done before. But I was in a hurry and was quickly trying to give you the solution to your problem.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:10 pm

Called and got it restored. Not that painful of a process, although the Aeroplan agent I spoke to had to wait on hold with ticketing for a long time, but it wasn't too difficult to actually explain it. Although the guy I talked to was quite knowledgeable, he even referred to it as an "IKK". Unlike some agents I've spoken to in the past, who seem to have never even heard of the concept of Priority Rewards/IKK.

Interestingly, my Aeroplan account says the restored 2018 benefit year IKK now expires March 2, 2019. Shouldn't it actually be tonight? I figure I need to go book something just so it doesn't go to waste. I don't have anything I really need to book right now, so part of me would like to see whether that March 2nd deadline is true, but another part of me doesn't want to risk losing it.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Question Priority Rewards - resets to 10 on Jan1 or Mar1 if requalified next year?

Sorry if this has already been asked (couldn't find it in the FAQ) but if one requalifies for status again in the coming year, will the existing 10 Priority Rewards (regardless of how many are or aren't used up) 'reset' at 10 again on Jan1, or on Mar1? Just trying to figure out how to maximize use of these as I'll hit early recognition 100K and want to use up my current bank of 10 before it resets at 10 again (assumably in the new year).... I do realize existing Priority Rewards expire Feb29,2020 but I am worried they will reset to 10 before that in which case I'll have lose extra Priority Rewards I could have used to book future trips...

Thanks
Old Oct 18, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Traditionally, for the period of Jan. 1-Feb. 28, you will have two lines showing for Priority Rewards. Those that expired by Feb. 28, and the new batch that is starting Jan. 1
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 3:44 pm

Oh wow I didn't realize that, that's great! Way (way) back when I was regularly SElite I could have sworn there was only one Priority Rewards set that reset (I lost several bookable flights that way, but that was a while back).

Originally Posted by YOWCDNFF
Traditionally, for the period of Jan. 1-Feb. 28, you will have two lines showing for Priority Rewards. Those that expired by Feb. 28, and the new batch that is starting Jan. 1
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:40 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
The first year ikk was limited the counter reset, but after that they started tracking separately.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 6:30 pm

Great to hear. Thanks for the clarification!

Originally Posted by yvr76
The first year ikk was limited the counter reset, but after that they started tracking separately.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE, *G
Priority Rewards reset date?

As an SE 100K with 10 Priority Rewards per benefit year, when do those 10 expire and reset again?

Thanks!
Old Nov 21, 2019, 1:54 pm

They expire Feb 29.

They do not "reset".

It works the same as eUps.

You will have 10 new ones added with a different expiry date.

They will probably appear within the next month or so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.