Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Priority Rewards limit to ten reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Rewards limit to ten reservations

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2017, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by llbean
Hi

I am just looking to make a IKK for end Jan and I see I only have 2 priority awards left - this seems odd to me. I dont recall using 8 priority awards this year.
Is there a way to get or request a list of priority awards to review - I think there must be a mistake?

Thanks
and Happy Holidays!
read the last few weeks of posts in this thread

Bets on when AC resets the IKK limit this year?

there is a known issue that aeroplan has still yet to fix, and I don't have much faith in them.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: AC E50K, HHonors Silver, NEXUS/GE, IHG Elite Gold
Originally Posted by yyznomad

read the last few weeks of posts in this thread

Bets on when AC resets the IKK limit this year?

there is a known issue that aeroplan has still yet to fix, and I don't have much faith in them.
just tried this link but get an error message - was it moved?
Old Dec 26, 2017, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by YYCJeff

i just clicked it and it works just fine

at this point in time, the linked thread also appears on the first page of this forum

or go advanced search for threads started by Adam Smith
Old Dec 26, 2017, 2:43 am

I am guessing you're on mobile, the link prepends some extra rubbish at the front. So delete from the start "http" up to but not including the second "http"
Old Dec 26, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: AC E50K, HHonors Silver, NEXUS/GE, IHG Elite Gold
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
I am guessing you're on mobile, the link prepends some extra rubbish at the front. So delete from the start "http" up to but not including the second "http"
Good guess - I was on my iPad when trying to access the link. Works fine on my PC. Thanks for the heads up on that.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good guess - I was on my iPad when trying to access the link. Works fine on my PC. Thanks for the heads up on that.
I use my iPad Air out of the time when perusing FT. Links always work. I'm using Safari too!
Old Dec 27, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Any AC SE's that have access to CC please take a look

Can't wait to have SE IKK in 2018 lol... These 2x Priority rewards are just brutal
Old Dec 27, 2017, 2:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Any AC SE's that have access to CC please take a look

Can't wait to have SE IKK in 2018 lol... These 2x Priority rewards are just brutal
Geeze I'm almost willing to dip into my 2019 for those numbers
Old Dec 27, 2017, 3:56 pm

Let me know. I just spend $2400 on two Y tickets YEG-Carribean. Im getting sick LOL
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:13 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Let me know. I just spend $2400 on two Y tickets YEG-Carribean. Im getting sick LOL
Ouch. Does AA fly to YEG? They often have good prices for J to Caribbean from YYC. $1000-1200ish one-way. 2 stops (DFW+MIA), but good price and no need for overnight in YYZ or red-eye.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Ouch. Does AA fly to YEG? They often have good prices for J to Caribbean from YYC. $1000-1200ish one-way. 2 stops (DFW+MIA), but good price and no need for overnight in YYZ or red-eye.
The only options to GCM are AA through MIA and UA through IAD that works time wise. Both are slightly cheaper in Y for around $900 round trip from YEG-GCM for my dates but include 2/3 stops each and an overnight on the way there AND back

These econ flights yeg-yyz-gcm on ac round trip same day.

At least they are flex and the exact same flights as 4 more of us, and I can burn the unused Eups and my friends Eups and hopefully upgrade at the airport for these two friends.

This trip went from thinking about spending $2000 each for an all inclusive trip to Mexico or Cuba to $20K + 280,000 AE miles already spent without any food/drinks purchased. Condo for the week and boat was almost $12000 alone. Doesn't help that $1.00 KYD is like $1.60 CDN... $15-$20 drinks. YAY loooooool ugh....... poor planning! But it's so nice there we had to go back(went in April).

I thought about firing the 80k for priority rewards since I cant find an SE on CC, but the YQ waiver is not valid for Carribean so I have to pay $300 in taxes and fees+ YQ on top of that. I booked a UA F LAX-IAD-GCM and I paid $7. The 280K miles also came with about $1800 in taxes and fees plus change fees. It was so disgusting I couldn't do it. 80k for economy round trip + $300? lol... I feel a bit bad how much these friends have to pay to get to GCM in Y but I couldn't justify the burn for this one.

I still need to book one more and another one way GCM-YEG. Attempting to trade for it but will probably have to spend another couple thousand.

They gave me the option to "upgrade" after booking the flex tickets to biz for $5081 round trip each. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

based on this experience, worth it for me to hit SE based on IKK alone.

Last edited by SKYEG; Dec 27, 2017 at 8:36 pm
Old Mar 28, 2018, 4:15 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Priority Rewards Recredited Promptly

Due to an AC flight cancellation, I had to cancel an Aeroplan priority rewards booking. Although it took almost half an hour on the phone, the Aeroplan points showed up promptly (immediately) but the Priority Rewards counter did not update. I wrote and, within 24 hours, I received a notification email that it would be fixed and, within hours of that email, my counter had properly been reset.

Just updating this thread since the question has come up in the past and it looks like it is still easily solvable by writing to the Altitude SuperElite desk email address with relevant info.^

(at least all the outcomes were positive but I am not sure why we have to do all this stuff when it should be easy on a website--not even the Aeroplan booking could be cancelled online, despite an email from Air Canada saying it could be)
Diabeetus likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 4:58 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Due to an AC flight cancellation, I had to cancel an Aeroplan priority rewards booking. Although it took almost half an hour on the phone, the Aeroplan points showed up promptly (immediately) but the Priority Rewards counter did not update. I wrote and, within 24 hours, I received a notification email that it would be fixed and, within hours of that email, my counter had properly been reset.

Just updating this thread since the question has come up in the past and it looks like it is still easily solvable by writing to the Altitude SuperElite desk email address with relevant info.^

(at least all the outcomes were positive but I am not sure why we have to do all this stuff when it should be easy on a website--not even the Aeroplan booking could be cancelled online, despite an email from Air Canada saying it could be)
@BlondeBomber, I take it this was you taking advantage of the AC schedule change (cancellation) to cancel the booking for free? Do you, or does anyone else here, have experience with doing, call it, a voluntary cancellation and getting the IKK credit restored, either automatically or manually? My plans have changed and I'd love to just pay the $30 to cancel the first reward and book a new one rather than pay the exorbitant change fees, but the latter may be necessary if I can't get back the IKK I used on the first reward.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 5:07 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
@BlondeBomber, I take it this was you taking advantage of the AC schedule change (cancellation) to cancel the booking for free? Do you, or does anyone else here, have experience with doing, call it, a voluntary cancellation and getting the IKK credit restored, either automatically or manually? My plans have changed and I'd love to just pay the $30 to cancel the first reward and book a new one rather than pay the exorbitant change fees, but the latter may be necessary if I can't get back the IKK I used on the first reward.
Someone was traveling with me--I was paid, they were on Aeroplan reward. The flight was cancelled but there were other flights leaving later but we would have missed meeting so I cancelled everything. So in a sense it was voluntary but I am not sure for a truly voluntary cancellation how this would work. In any case, I would phone in if you do this since it doesn't seem automatic (crediting IKK). I never use up all my priority rewards but, just in case, I always try to reclaim whatever I think is reasonable (and this is, or should be seen as).
Old Nov 11, 2018, 5:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I recently cancelled a booking online, and the IKK credit was immediately restored.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.