Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Purchased W class on UA, credited as K class on Aeroplan?!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2015, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Gold, UA MP

Hi, I purchased a W class fare tix (originally K class, paid the difference to reticketed as W within 24h) JFK-LAX-LAS on UA which should credit me with 100% AC miles but my account showed it was K class and only 50% status miles. Who should I contact to have this resolved? I don't think submitting request mileage credit online will help since it's already been credited, just the wrong # of miles.

Thank you,
GT
Old Mar 7, 2015, 6:54 am

Programs: AC Elite 50K
Oh brother thats a difficult one. Its United That posts the miles... So they made the mistake.

So You'll need to talk to United. They'll tell you to talk to Aeroplan, who will tell you to talk to United.

But in either case submitting your receipts to United should be able to get them to issue a correction.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
What did your boarding pass say?
Old Mar 7, 2015, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Has AC or AE ever published a cross-airline listing of how fare codes match up among the STAR carriers? I recall at one point you could click on an AC code share fare code on another STAR carrier's metal and see the corresponding AC fare code. Though often when booking a multi-segment international flight the intra-Europe/Asia flight(s) showing on the AC booking site as Flex/Tango+ would post as a Tango.

A UA W fare is pretty high up the echelon akin to a Flex on AC as it is the first level with which a UA SWU can be used. OP has a case, but is unlikely to get the additional 50%.

There's a similar frustration over discounted business P-fare code shares that don't post as premium for mileage.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: AP/SE; ACMM
Originally Posted by Shareholder
There's a similar frustration over discounted business P-fare code shares that don't post as premium for mileage.

Now that AC has converted MCO to a Rouge route, I'm flying UA next week. Purchased a United First Ticket for not much more than AC was quoting, including a Rouge segment.

I'm on a P/A fare on UA and decided to take a look at the P-Fare Class accumulation. From Aeroplan Partner page for United "Effective for travel April 1, 2014, earn 150% in booking classes J, C, D, Z or P. For travel until March 31, 2014, earn 125%."
Old Mar 7, 2015, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thomjeff
Now that AC has converted MCO to a Rouge route, I'm flying UA next week. Purchased a United First Ticket for not much more than AC was quoting, including a Rouge segment.

I'm on a P/A fare on UA and decided to take a look at the P-Fare Class accumulation. From Aeroplan Partner page for United "Effective for travel April 1, 2014, earn 150% in booking classes J, C, D, Z or P. For travel until March 31, 2014, earn 125%."
150% is correct.

Last time I went to MCO, united P was cheaper than the cheapest fare on AC. Out of YYC.

This said, I probably would prefer AC including Premium Rouge than UA in F. And connect at YYZ rather than ORD on a moderatel;y snowy day. Waited 3 hours for deicing...
Old Mar 7, 2015, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Gold, UA MP
Called AE. Very helpful agent. Gave me an email address to submit documents to clarify my situation. Let's hope it works.

GT
Old Mar 7, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rankourabu
What did your boarding pass say?
UA boarding passes no longer show the actual booking class like they did a few years ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.