Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hold times deplorable

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 6:27 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
I was wondering if they would be "d0uchy" and refuse to speak English since I selected the French option...
about as "d0uchy" as an english agent refusing to speak french I imagine...
Old Mar 4, 2015, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
about as "d0uchy" as an english agent refusing to speak french I imagine...
Sure, that applies too. Although I have never tried speaking French with an agent after selecting the English option. Even if I tried it would be an utter fail.

Rolleyes always appreciated! Right back at ya!
Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:25 pm

ITS OK, Ben said it would be all ironed out in Q4 of 2014. There will be no more long hold times....
Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Imagine.. you are waiting for an hour only to get an agent who is inexperienced and is not at all well-versed on the rules... do you HUCA?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Imagine.. you are waiting for an hour only to get an agent who is inexperienced and is not at all well-versed on the rules... do you HUCA?
As much as I will sit here and bash hold times, honestly, i've never had to HUCA with AC.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:55 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Penguins can fly. Seriously.
Well, yeah

As much as I will sit here and bash hold times, honestly, i've never had to HUCA with AC.
Yeah... HUACA has never actually worked for me. I wonder if it's because they annotated the record.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by pewpew
Yeah... HUACA has never actually worked for me. I wonder if it's because they annotated the record.
For the record, I was going for something else. I haven't had an incompetent AC phone agent who couldn't do what I needed them to do. Have they required coaching, oh yeah, but not to a point where I go **** it, HUCA time.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:25 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by pewpew
Actually I HAVE had that happen before (sort of) the first Agent noted the record of what I was trying to do (which I might add was super simple and well within the rules, it was changing a flight for no fee on a latitude B ticket).

I did the HUCA, got another agent, they told me what was on the file and said "oh, I guess they didn't realize it was a latitude ticket, I'll take care of it for you" and 3 min later done.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:27 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by hearna
ITS OK, Ben said it would be all ironed out in Q4 of 2014. There will be no more long hold times....
They changed "hold time" to "enhancement time". No more "hold time".
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:32 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I wasn't asking about their "ability" to speak English.

I was wondering if they would be "d0uchy" and refuse to speak English since I selected the French option...
Thru experience via a friend, yes they will speak English, though with a heavy accent. Wait time was 9 mins for French and 35mins for Eng.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 12:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Actually I HAVE had that happen before (sort of) the first Agent noted the record of what I was trying to do (which I might add was super simple and well within the rules, it was changing a flight for no fee on a latitude B ticket).

I did the HUCA, got another agent, they told me what was on the file and said "oh, I guess they didn't realize it was a latitude ticket, I'll take care of it for you" and 3 min later done.
I called in to ask how much it would cost to change a B fare SFO-YYZ, about 5 days before departure. It was a 30 day advance purchase fare.

"Oh, this is Latitude. There will be no charge. Latitude has free changes."
"What about fare difference?"
"No, I'm pretty sure it's free."
"Can you double check?"
*type type type type type*
"Oh, it will be about $300."
"Thank you."
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I called in to ask how much it would cost to change a B fare SFO-YYZ, about 5 days before departure. It was a 30 day advance purchase fare.

"Oh, this is Latitude. There will be no charge. Latitude has free changes."
"What about fare difference?"
"No, I'm pretty sure it's free."
"Can you double check?"
*type type type type type*
"Oh, it will be about $300."
"Thank you."
Why would you keep pressing if the agent was going to (incorrectly) off you a change for free??
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Why would you keep pressing if the agent was going to (incorrectly) off you a change for free??
1. I'm sure the computer would have forced the charge.
2. This would have been expensed. The last thing I want is for AC to say something's free, then charge my card for $300 six months later when my expense report has already been processed and paid.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by canadiancow
1. I'm sure the computer would have forced the charge.
2. This would have been expensed. The last thing I want is for AC to say something's free, then charge my card for $300 six months later when my expense report has already been processed and paid.
FWIW:

In #2 case, I would have done a chargeback. AC can't go back and charge you for something 6 months later. That would have been fraudulent as the merchant did not inform you of the charge and you did not consent to it.

I've had weird cases where the situation of #1 has occurred. I wasn't charged. Just like another poster on FT and the posts about B fares and fare differences not being charged. (IIRC: Allvest)
Old Nov 4, 2015, 8:49 pm
Suspended

Just an update to this. Hold times now average 5 minutes.

https://www.aircanada.com/en/about/m...r_day_2015.pdf

Slide 70.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.