Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada does NOT refund preferred seat fees

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada does NOT refund preferred seat fees

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2015, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Originally Posted by YEG2MM
Wouldn't it be easier to send Ben L an email, with the details, and ask for his assistance? He can sort out the facts and get to the bottom of the problem.
Done. Though, by the looks of it, this is a systemic problem and not something that "fell through the cracks" (a phrase Ben has been using a lot lately).
Old Feb 10, 2015, 8:21 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
I feel really bad for Ben if that is the kind of PM he gets on FT.

I swear, if I was getting this kind of message on a BBS about my work, I would most likely quit life.

I hope he gets paid for this lol
Agreed.

I appreciate the input from upstairs from the AC people. I would hate for people to us them as a fix for their personal gripes.

Maybe advise them of the issue so it can be fixed/improved/resolved through regular channels, but in no way would I want their presence here to make them personal problem solvers for FTers. As much over-entitlement as I sense around here, I would hope members understand that they are not here to be personal valets.

My 2 cents.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 8:43 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by PLeblond
Agreed.

I appreciate the input from upstairs from the AC people. I would hate for people to us them as a fix for their personal gripes.

Maybe advise them of the issue so it can be fixed/improved/resolved through regular channels, but in no way would I want their presence here to make them personal problem solvers for FTers. As much over-entitlement as I sense around here, I would hope members understand that they are not here to be personal valets.

My 2 cents.
+1
Old Feb 10, 2015, 9:07 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by Geoflying
+1
inb4 "Benjamin Lipsey, Manager and Flyertalk Concierge at Air Canada"
Old Feb 10, 2015, 4:08 pm
Flying Blue Director

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
inb4 "Benjamin Lipsey, Manager and Flyertalk Concierge at Air Canada"
LOL ^
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Just an update - Ben took care of the issue.
There was some confusion because I first purchased two preferred seats, which were refunded because of a schedule change. I then purchased a second set of preferred seats. When these were also not honored, either the system or the person in charge got confused by the first set of refunds. Still sloppy, but more understandable.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

Second update - I just received a response from an @help-aircanada.com email address - not sure if this is customer relations or refund services. It contains a personalized apology, and a $100 Air Canada gift card.

I am truly impressed. This is the kind of gesture that gets a customer to come back after a screw-up (hint: not a 5% coupon off the base fare). Owning up to mistakes is good karma - I will be using that gift card soon. (And Ben, if it is your hand behind this, you should find a way to make it policy).
Old Feb 16, 2015, 5:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Mauricio23
Second update - I just received a response from an @help-aircanada.com email address - not sure if this is customer relations or refund services. It contains a personalized apology, and a $100 Air Canada gift card.

I am truly impressed. This is the kind of gesture that gets a customer to come back after a screw-up (hint: not a 5% coupon off the base fare). Owning up to mistakes is good karma - I will be using that gift card soon. (And Ben, if it is your hand behind this, you should find a way to make it policy).
This is very interesting to me. I have a similar, but kind of weird case.

I purchased a business class upgrade on Rouge. Due to weather issues at my originating airport, my Jazz flight arrived at YYZ late and I missed the Rouge flight and AC rebooked me through to ORD, and then on a United flight from ORD to LAS.

I was in business class on the AC flight from YYZ to ORD, but United put me in economy.

So I didn't get business class from YYZ to LAS as I had paid for and I've applied for compensation.

It's been almost 4 weeks since I filed the complaint.

Meanwhile, United coughed up a $50 voucher (based on other unrelated complaints on that leg of the flight that had nothing to do with AC). It took them 9 days to set the matter straight with me.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 3:17 pm

Just adding a data point here:

- Purchased preferred seat for a flight in February
- Involuntarily reseated to a regular seat due to an equipment swap
- Asked agent -- Will I receive a refund for my preferred seat? ("yes"); Will it happen automatically? ("yes")
- There was no automatic refund
- Filed a request for refund with Customer Relations (NOT refund services, as per instructions on website for preferred seat refunds)
- Response promised within 20 business days
- Still waiting, just checked and currently at business day 23. And counting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.