Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Codeshare to LJU??? Any tips?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2015, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
AC Codeshare to LJU??? Any tips?

I can't seem to find one. AC.com doesn't even recognize LJU. Why couldn't AC do a codeshare with TK or JP?

LJU is a PITA to get to (on *A) as well especially from YYZ - many flights do not align to TATL redeyes... I am hoping to do a Y fare booking on AC metal to do the u/g on the TATL... or pay "reasonable" discounted C/J on other *A ticket stock but that is not my preference...

TK via IST has only one flight in the morning and both YYZ IST flights on AC and TK metal arrive after this one flight requiring an overnight... WAW is not much better on LO. Blech. I do not want to overnight somewhere and lose yet another day getting to LJU.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 6:12 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I can't seem to find one. AC.com doesn't even recognize LJU. Why couldn't AC do a codeshare with TK or JP?

LJU is a PITA to get to (on *A) as well especially from YYZ - many flights do not align to TATL redeyes... I am hoping to do a Y fare booking on AC metal to do the u/g on the TATL... or pay "reasonable" discounted C/J on other *A ticket stock but that is not my preference...

TK via IST has only one flight in the morning and both YYZ IST flights on AC and TK metal arrive after this one flight requiring an overnight... WAW is not much better on LO. Blech. I do not want to overnight somewhere and lose yet another day getting to LJU.
Am I missing something?

JP seems to fly from FRA, MUC, ZRH. I just randomly looked up FRA and JP117 leaves 10:05 gives 3.5 hours from AC872. JP116 leaves at 7:00 and gives 1.5 hours to connect to AC873. Is it because you would need to book on different tickets, or its a CRJ and there is no J?
Old Feb 7, 2015, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
I dont understand. Is AC.com the only avenue in the world to book plane tickets?
Old Feb 7, 2015, 7:53 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriot Platinum ( lifetime gold)

Since my wfoe has family in Slovenjia I was in your situation several times in the last few years - i.e. Wanting to travel on AC and upgarde thus needing AC metal and AC flight numbers on specific fares.
Here is what I did, it may work for you as well: I used kayak to find the exact flights I wanted -AC to FRA/MUC/ZRH etc all work if you can find a decent connection on Adria/ LH / LX. I then called AC and had them book those flights and the code I wanted - they can, even though the website does not recognize LJU as you found out already. But you have to tell the. Want you want to avoid being on the phone for 45 minutes or getting unreasonable connections.

On a side note, depending on where you going to it may be worthwhile for you to check Zargeb - more options, very close to the border between Coratia and Slovenjia and border crisookng is rally not a big issue.
Safe travels !
Old Feb 7, 2015, 1:42 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
I just arrived from LJU earlier this week. You are right LJU does not exist in AC world. I had to call AC to get a price and also checked what TK was offering.

At the end I decided to fly J on TK. Very competitive price, more than 2k less than AC. Having a 23:00hrs departure from YUL is nice as you can enjoy the whole day. An overnight stay in IST was needed in & out (I was not in a rush) ,TK paid both nights and put me in a 5* hotel with lounge and internet access, transportation was also provided.

As E-credit will be almost non- existant this year compared to last year, that forced me to look differently at my travel patterns. Instead of having AC as my prefered carrier, now I take the time to look at my options and AC will no longer win all my international travel business.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 7:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by rankourabu
I dont understand. Is AC.com the only avenue in the world to book plane tickets?
For many here it is, or at least the first place to start.

It is a shame that AC can't get LJU on its website since JP has been a Star Alliance member for over a decade.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/about...ria_airlines/#

So my advice, ex-YYZ is with OS. YYZ-VIE-LJU Done. OS 72/JP 285

to the OP...AC code-shares cause nothing but trouble.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Maybe not for you. But thanks for answering my question!
Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM

Oh don't fly to LJU - fly to VCE like all the Slovenians do! Way cheaper - and you can use http://www.goopti.com/en to book a shuttle. Anywhere from 25E to 50E round trip depending how flexible you are with pick up times. You could avoid the Rogue route by doing YYZ-FRA-VCE Unfortunately shuttle is about 2.5 hrs, if you fly into TRS it is only about 1.5 hrs.

But it is so easy to call AC and book YYZ-FRA-LJU, last leg is on Adria, AC will sell it to you and you can use your eupgrades! You can be in LJU by 10:25 or so!
Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyz_aeroflyer
Since my wfoe has family in Slovenjia I was in your situation several times in the last few years - i.e. Wanting to travel on AC and upgarde thus needing AC metal and AC flight numbers on specific fares.
Here is what I did, it may work for you as well: I used kayak to find the exact flights I wanted -AC to FRA/MUC/ZRH etc all work if you can find a decent connection on Adria/ LH / LX. I then called AC and had them book those flights and the code I wanted - they can, even though the website does not recognize LJU as you found out already. But you have to tell the. Want you want to avoid being on the phone for 45 minutes or getting unreasonable connections.

On a side note, depending on where you going to it may be worthwhile for you to check Zargeb - more options, very close to the border between Coratia and Slovenjia and border crisookng is rally not a big issue.
Safe travels !
Ok, I'll give this a shot! Thanks.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 767300ER
I just arrived from LJU earlier this week. You are right LJU does not exist in AC world. I had to call AC to get a price and also checked what TK was offering.

At the end I decided to fly J on TK. Very competitive price, more than 2k less than AC. Having a 23:00hrs departure from YUL is nice as you can enjoy the whole day. An overnight stay in IST was needed in & out (I was not in a rush) ,TK paid both nights and put me in a 5* hotel with lounge and internet access, transportation was also provided.

As E-credit will be almost non- existant this year compared to last year, that forced me to look differently at my travel patterns. Instead of having AC as my prefered carrier, now I take the time to look at my options and AC will no longer win all my international travel business.
I agree with you on TK - I was going to hit the pay button on the TK site, but then I saw I had to overnight at IST The price was fantastic for J/C though.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PointWeasel
For many here it is, or at least the first place to start.

It is a shame that AC can't get LJU on its website since JP has been a Star Alliance member for over a decade.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/about...ria_airlines/#

So my advice, ex-YYZ is with OS. YYZ-VIE-LJU Done. OS 72/JP 285

to the OP...AC code-shares cause nothing but trouble.
Right. Ugh. I had similar problems with VNO... although there is no Lithuanian *A carrier.
Will check out OS.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mountaingrl
Oh don't fly to LJU - fly to VCE like all the Slovenians do! Way cheaper - and you can use http://www.goopti.com/en to book a shuttle. Anywhere from 25E to 50E round trip depending how flexible you are with pick up times. You could avoid the Rogue route by doing YYZ-FRA-VCE Unfortunately shuttle is about 2.5 hrs, if you fly into TRS it is only about 1.5 hrs.

But it is so easy to call AC and book YYZ-FRA-LJU, last leg is on Adria, AC will sell it to you and you can use your eupgrades! You can be in LJU by 10:25 or so!
Interesting re: VCE. Not the biggest fan of flying into a nearby airport and then doing a semi-long drive/road trip to my actual destination but this is something I will take a look at. At least Schengen makes it a bit easier.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:57 pm

Interesting re: VCE. Not the biggest fan of flying into a nearby airport and then doing a semi-long drive/road trip to my actual destination but this is something I will take a look at. At least Schengen makes it a bit easier.
We've been to Slovenia a few times for hiking. We've done YYC-FRA-LJU (last leg Adria) booked through AC (call in) and also have flown to VCE and used the shuttle to start a hike near Bled. You'll have a nice connection window in FRA with YYZ-FRA-LJU (tight connection when coming in from YYC).
Old Feb 8, 2015, 8:39 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by mountaingrl
We've been to Slovenia a few times for hiking. We've done YYC-FRA-LJU (last leg Adria) booked through AC (call in) and also have flown to VCE and used the shuttle to start a hike near Bled. You'll have a nice connection window in FRA with YYZ-FRA-LJU (tight connection when coming in from YYC).
MG, are you seriously recommending FRA over the calmness of VIE? Really?

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=yyz-fra...ie-yyz-zrh-lju

And JP needs all the support it can get, so if your destination is Slovenia, use LJU. JP is a great little carrier. ^ My 2 cents.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by PointWeasel
MG, are you seriously recommending FRA over the calmness of VIE? Really?

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=yyz-fra...ie-yyz-zrh-lju

And JP needs all the support it can get, so if your destination is Slovenia, use LJU. JP is a great little carrier. ^ My 2 cents.
Ah sorry, being a YYC flyer, FRA is our European hub as it is one of the few direct AC flights we have (and we want the long sleep!) - I tend to be oblivious to all the direct flights to Europe from the center of the universe!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.