Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2019, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by leoo
YYC MLL : just saw a guy brushing his teeth next to the bar
Next to the bar is acceptable, but not within 84.37699 cm of the food spread.
(Well at least that's what the high horse riders will tell you)

Was he also flossing and letting the bits flick and fling everywhere?
Old May 29, 2019, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad

That brings up another pet peeve of mine... drinking fountains (especially in Costco, but any self-serve fountain or pours)..... WHY must you drink in front of the fountain and then put your dirty cup in contact with the fountain? Can't you take your drink to your seat and consume it? You know what you poured for yourself.... And please teach your kids some etiquette.

And if you're going to pick your teeth, do it in the washroom (and wash your hands after).... ugh.
Old May 29, 2019, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by StuckInYYZ
That brings up another pet peeve of mine... drinking fountains (especially in Costco, but any self-serve fountain or pours)..... WHY must you drink in front of the fountain and then put your dirty cup in contact with the fountain? Can't you take your drink to your seat and consume it? You know what you poured for yourself.... And please teach your kids some etiquette.

And if you're going to pick your teeth, do it in the washroom (and wash your hands after).... ugh.
Lol. I'm assuming you're referring to patrons of MLLs...
Old May 29, 2019, 12:51 pm

Lol. I'm assuming you're referring to patrons of MLLs...
Sorry, ranted kinda mindlessly. Yes. And to cover all bases....

1) If it's a canned drink, please do NOT put it back if you drop it, (see this in the priority pass lounge often)
2) Don't let your kids play in the food area.
3) Carry on your conversation away from the food (and don't give me the freaking evil eye because I'm walking around you to get some food)

[/rant]

I might be a germaphobe, but geez, show some manners people!
smallmj likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 1:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by StuckInYYZ
Sorry, ranted kinda mindlessly. Yes. And to cover all bases....

1) If it's a canned drink, please do NOT put it back if you drop it, (see this in the priority pass lounge often)
2) Don't let your kids play in the food area.
3) Carry on your conversation away from the food (and don't give me the freaking evil eye because I'm walking around you to get some food)

[/rant]

I might be a germaphobe, but geez, show some manners people!
1) lol... I mean I get the "oh I'll take a fresh one and let his one settle for a bit" mentality at home, but it will be what... 30 seconds? before some other unsuspecting patron takes the shaken up can and makes a huge mess.

I'd merge 2 and 3. Get out when you're done. Don't congregate in areas other people are trying to do things (like get food/drinks). My last job had a very decent bar setup. In the corner of a HUGE room that had seating and standing space for socializing. But half the people would go behind the bar and carry on a conversation, making it very difficult for people who just wanted to grab a drink.

Move out of the way.
Old May 29, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by marke190
That's another reason why I fill a reusable mug with coffee for later instead of drinking it in the MLL, so I don't have to hear the washroom music as much

We shouldn't be complaining about this MLL washroom though, at least all of the urinals are functioning unlike YUL DOM.
The music is the only complaint I have about the new lounge in YYT! Talk about a first world problem...
Old May 29, 2019, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by codfather
The music is the only complaint I have about the new lounge in YYT! Talk about a first world problem...
bow chicka wow wow

But it would really be a pet peeve (maybe?) if there was some bow chicka wow wow going on in the MLL (not burger king) bathroom.
Old May 29, 2019, 2:41 pm

bow chicka wow wow

But it would really be a pet peeve (maybe?) if there was some bow chicka wow wow going on in the MLL (not burger king) bathroom.
The music reminds me of the hold music that AC has when you call about delayed baggage! It gives me nightmares
Old May 29, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
bow chicka wow wow

That would be quite the "layover" in more ways than one
Old May 29, 2019, 4:32 pm

How about scooping up an egg from the bowl with fingers, popping it in mouth and going back for more. I am all for microbiome diversity but even I thought that was a bit much ��
Old May 30, 2019, 4:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, Hilton Gold

No, didn’t see him flossing or making a mess. It was just weird to see that in the middle of the lounge. The washroom was completely empty at the time.
Old May 30, 2019, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by leoo
YYC MLL : just saw a guy brushing his teeth next to the bar
Did he rinse with American beer?
leoo likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 1:13 pm

The DYKWIA lady in the YHZ MLL. She has been here for a few hours now, I have never seen someone more condescending and demanding of staff!

I think she must work for the RCMHHP...
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: AC S100K, HH Silver
I mentioned this in the "I'm in the MLL now" thread but felt strongly enough to cross-post over here. Although I could maybe tolerate you taking your shoes off at your lounge chair, and barely tolerate you eating directly from the food bar (and without a plate), I am unable to tolerate you going a step further and wandering around the MLL in your socks while eating directly from the food bar as is happening now in the YYC Domestic MLL.

Last edited by douglasr; Jul 4, 2019 at 3:44 pm Reason: slight grammar fix
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:32 pm

We, Canadians and Québécois, are way too polite to intervene in such situations, but we certainly should. From now on that’s what I’ll do. Which will make me less angry.
douglasr likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.