Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL

Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL

Old Feb 24, 2015, 8:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Allvest
What's the obsession about heavy drinking amongst certain FT'ers? Certainly nothing to be proud of. Sorry to say.
Ok, well some may ruin it for others. But we all drink, (and smoke or do other things) for different reasons. A few have met me in real life, you just got to know your limits (even if it's really high), and not cause a disturbance. I know personally I get to be chatty, I laugh a whole lot more, am a bit more funnier (I hope), and then I get quiet, sleepy. I don't cause anyone harm or hinder anyone else's day to day travels.

But to answer the thread title? - People in the MLL is my biggest pet peeve. Hence why I stick to PPL's where I can
Old Feb 24, 2015, 8:24 pm

Programs: TK*S, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 24left
Episode Title: Attack of the PlatePax

Approx 10:45am, staff were clearing away breakfast, washing serving areas and then started to bring out food.

However, vultures had descended and started circling, plates in hand (occasionally with a serviette). One person was annoyed that beer is only available at 11:00 and stated "Well this sucks". Another could not wait until the attendant brought the tongs for the cookies and helped himself with his hands, despite serviettes being right there. I took a quick moment to lecture him (because I can). He could care less and walked off with cookie in mouth.

Meanwhile, the crowd around the main serving station grew, more people with plates in hand. I thought they were going to grab an attendant and run off or something. Just too insane.

I'm only posting this one

(also noteworthy: according to several staff I spoke with, there was a huge influx this week of people using their soon-to-expire lounge passes and the MLL was overflowing.)

P.S. wasn't sure if I should post here or in one of the other MLL threads. Mods can move if necessary.
Everyone and their dog got one of the TD visas. We're certainly lucky that YYZ domestic is so large. I'll be heading through transborder soon - was through once before and it was packed to the gills with no seats.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 8:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jcamp028
Everyone and their dog got one of the TD visas. We're certainly lucky that YYZ domestic is so large. I'll be heading through transborder soon - was through once before and it was packed to the gills with no seats.
The TD visas only have a few certificates, no? I would say this is more...a result of the expiring passes that every Tom Dick and Harry is giving out
Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: TK Elite *A Gold, Air Berlin Gold - One World Sapphire, Westjet Gold, Avis Preferred, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by aircanada_loyal
My biggest pet peeves are people in the elevator, to and/or from the MLL:
- complaining on their long day;
- how long their flight is;
- why their upgrade did not clear (yet);
- taking out their shiny FFP cardnot because they will need to show it to the MLL agent, but to show off to everyone else in the elevator that they are superior than everyone else;
- complaining the slow MLL elevator (particularly in YYZ).

While in the MLL:
- talking so loudly that anyone can hear them, and 9/10 of those conversations are "I am in the MLL". When lady even said "it's like being in heaven"
LOL! She has not been to IST TK Int'l lounge then, now that is pretty damn close to it!
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:43 am

Programs: TK Elite *A Gold, Air Berlin Gold - One World Sapphire, Westjet Gold, Avis Preferred, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by drvannostren
Each MLL has different problems

YYC: Too crowded multiple times a day (pre-construction and more so during, it's getting a bit better though)

YEG: Actually I have virtually no problems with this one, except maybe not enough desk type space

YYZ: I hadn't thought of the elevator thing, but yes, that. Also and I can't remember which one (probably not intl since I've hardly used it) but either TB or DOM has no view, just because of the roof, I'd love to be able to see aircraft movements.

YVR: Too crowded, too messy, when it's sunny out it gets pretty hot since there's no window dressings. Also there's not really much in the way of food there. Good view though!

Can't say I've been in any other ones now that I think of it. I thought YYJ might have one but didn't. The rest of my lounge experiences are either with AV/CM/UA. I'm curious to see the lounges abroad at some point because I'm curious just how similar they are/aren't.
Hopefully your travels will bring you to the int'l TK *A Gold lounge at IST. That my friend is the promised land! Two immense levels, fresh hot food stations with chefs throughout, fully stocked self-serve bars, wine stations with real wine glasses, golf simulators, a movie theater, a slot car racing track for kids of all ages... PROMISED LAND!

This is but a very brief highlight, read the full thread and wiki here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...er-thread.html

Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:21 pm

Programs: A3*G, OZ*G, OW Sapphire
FCT and TG F lounge & Spa tops it for me...
Old Feb 25, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: AC SE
all true.... hilarious......
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
... you just got to know your limits (even if it's really high), and not cause a disturbance.
the thing is.. the more you drink the less you can reason, and the "i know my limit" whihc could be reasonable applied when sober becomes a lot more flexible.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 5:17 am

Biggest pet peeve in MLL

....powdered scrambled eggs in LHR...industrial!
Old May 27, 2015, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Thanks for licking your fingers and then using the pasta ladle

In YYZ T1 Int'l MLL

Just now.
Some fartface was helping himself with a hot dish and then before he goes for the pasta ladle, he licks his fingers and then grabs the ladle to scoop up any remaning pasta. There was still some pasta left after he was done taking his portions.

I decided to wait for the replenished pasta before helping myself.

A couple of minutes later the contract staff come by to replenish the pasta so I discreetly went to her to advise that some guy just licked his fingers and touched one of the ladles. Anyway, all good now.

(I always wash my hands before I help myself to food)
Old May 27, 2015, 3:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yyznomad
In YYZ T1 Int'l MLL

Just now.
Some fartface was helping himself with a hot dish and then before he goes for the pasta ladle, he licks his fingers and then grabs the ladle to scoop up any remaning pasta. There was still some pasta left after he was done taking his portions.

I decided to wait for the replenished pasta before helping myself.

A couple of minutes later the contract staff come by to replenish the pasta so I discreetly went to her to advise that some guy just licked his fingers and touched one of the ladles. Anyway, all good now.

(I always wash my hands before I help myself to food)
YUCK!! The nerve of some people.

This reminds me why I'm against the current self serve method of hard liquor in the lounge. You know, the thing you push your glass against and then the happy liquids flow?

I often see people reuse a glass. That means that person's spit is now on the black thing. And over time, a lot of people's spit is on there. Shudders.

Don't get me wrong, it's not nearly enough to stop me but the thought is sickening. Maybe that's why I don't hit that up anymore. Self serve wine is cleaner from that perspective...

//signed = the resident germophobe...
Old May 27, 2015, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Just now!

Lady finishes helping herself to some pasta and then immediately licks her fingers and then proceeds to touch other public-touchable items in the food area including reaching for utensils.
Old May 27, 2015, 4:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Just now!

Lady finishes helping herself to some pasta and then immediately licks her fingers and then proceeds to touch other public-touchable items in the food area including reaching for utensils.

Not sure why you don't say anything.

I posted how people in the YVR MLL were behaving (touch-wise) and before I said anything, one of the lounge serving staff gave them a lecture.

And what's with all the finger-licking @ YYZ. Ugh.
Old May 27, 2015, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 24left
Not sure why you don't say anything.

I posted how people in the YVR MLL were behaving (touch-wise) and before I said anything, one of the lounge serving staff gave them a lecture.

And what's with all the finger-licking @ YYZ. Ugh.
This was witnessing from afar I have no energy to be the finger-lickin'-good police nor do I think that it is my responsibility either! Just reporting what I see and it is a way to vent my annoyances
Old May 27, 2015, 4:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
This was witnessing from afar I have no energy to be the finger-lickin'-good police nor do I think that it is my responsibility either! Just reporting what I see and it is a way to vent my annoyances
ok

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.