FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   [IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1650532-ac-lounge-pet-peeves-annoying-passengers-mll-cafe-signature-suite.html)

superangrypenguin Jan 31, 2015 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer (Post 24269399)
It looks like an Asus F6

I break anything other than a Lenovo. The T series slim versions do it for me :) (aka TXXXs) :)

lcohen999 Jan 31, 2015 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin (Post 24269442)
I break anything other than a Lenovo. The T series slim versions do it for me :) (aka TXXXs) :)

I have owned one Lenovo, died within a year of buying it...while in CHC, with no repair centre in sight

superangrypenguin Feb 1, 2015 8:00 am

Originally Posted by lcohen999 (Post 24269899)
I have owned one Lenovo, died within a year of buying it...while in CHC, with no repair centre in sight

You need to get the 3 year on site next day warranty. I've had to service mine, but I get someone next day no matter where I am in Canada. Its the IBM service that makes the difference (ok, finally I say something nice about IBM) :D

lcohen999 Feb 1, 2015 10:49 am

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin (Post 24271689)
You need to get the 3 year on site next day warranty. I've had to service mine, but I get someone next day no matter where I am in Canada. Its the IBM service that makes the difference (ok, finally I say something nice about IBM) :D

Agreed and there is a depot 5 minutes from my office

However, when this laptop decided to die, it was in Christchurch, NZ

yyzMystic Feb 20, 2015 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by jcoop (Post 24258712)
Bottom Feeders. :D

Revealed, you are the true bottom feeder.

furballs Feb 20, 2015 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by karachi (Post 24267779)
for the record, i havent the foggiest who you are or what you look like. I've come across this sort of thing a few times. kids playing games on the PC's, adults using the workstations as their personal phone booths, or wasting a PC spot when they can use their laptops elsewhere.

If I walk in and there's a non-PC spot available, great. I'll take that one. If not, I'll have to take a PC one and shove things out of the way. I want the desk for ergonomic reasons. I have a notebook to open, papers to spread out, and as often as not I want to tether my phone so it can charge whilst I use it as a hotspot, since I can't VPN through datavalet. And I'm not likely to keep my eyes open for a non-PC spot to open up. If I see people circling for spots, I'll try to wrap up just the essential whatever.

nowinyow Feb 20, 2015 7:48 pm

DataValet!

Seriously, in this day and age and this is the *best* we can expect for internet service?

superangrypenguin Feb 20, 2015 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by nowinyow (Post 24388169)
DataValet!

Seriously, in this day and age and this is the *best* we can expect for internet service?

When a Bell data stick out does hardwired/wireless at a lounge meant for FFers....ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Sorry to pull this card, but 4* airline? Right.

24left Feb 20, 2015 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by nowinyow (Post 24388169)
DataValet!

Ah, then you'll really enjoy the posts and info here. :D
(less about RSS, more about Datavalet)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...-rss-feed.html

xLuther Feb 20, 2015 9:10 pm

Waiting for people trying to get in who are not entitled entry be told to go away so I can get in, get a drink and relex

canadiancow Feb 20, 2015 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by xLuther (Post 24388468)
Waiting for people trying to get in who are not entitled entry be told to go away so I can get in, get a drink and relex

I'd just leave my Altitude card and BP on the desk and say I'll pick it up when I leave but I'm not waiting for these idiots :p

yyznomad Feb 21, 2015 2:27 am

Originally Posted by xLuther (Post 24388468)

THIS

superangrypenguin Feb 21, 2015 7:53 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 24388732)
I'd just leave my Altitude card and BP on the desk and say I'll pick it up when I leave but I'm not waiting for these idiots :p

You know you don't need your Altitude card anymore to get into a MLL right? :p

canadiancow Feb 21, 2015 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin (Post 24390017)

Yeah but if I'm going to jump the line like that, I want it to be very obvious to the agent at the desk that I am actually entitled to access the lounge.

ffsim Feb 21, 2015 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin (Post 24390017)

Huh? Is this new?