FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   [IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1650532-ac-lounge-pet-peeves-annoying-passengers-mll-cafe-signature-suite.html)

simd Dec 14, 2017 8:29 am

Originally Posted by quantumofforce (Post 29172535)
Wife calls to video chat while I am in the lounge. I say I will call back in 1 minute.

Walk to a quiet corner of the lounge. Around a corner, no one visible, have my chat there. Am I doing it right?

Last night I had my first experience in the YYZ Signature Suite a la carte "restaurant" negatively impacted by the woman who spent 15 minutes loudly explaining to her (presumably) children how to feed the dogs while she was away ('...take the beef out of freezer and run it under warm water..."). Kind of detracted from the higher-end cuisine that Air Canada were providing to me at the time. Unfortunately, there didn't seem to be a policy about the use of communication devices in that section of the lounge. I mean, it's not McDonalds, people. Other people are actually trying to enjoy a half decent meal.

yyznomad Dec 14, 2017 10:10 am

Am I doing it right?

She's supposed to ask you that.

vernonc Dec 14, 2017 10:12 am

Originally Posted by simd (Post 29173111)
Last night I had my first experience in the YYZ Signature Suite a la carte "restaurant" negatively impacted by the woman who spent 15 minutes loudly explaining to her (presumably) children how to feed the dogs while she was away ('...take the beef out of freezer and run it under warm water..."). Kind of detracted from the higher-end cuisine that Air Canada were providing to me at the time. Unfortunately, there didn't seem to be a policy about the use of communication devices in that section of the lounge. I mean, it's not McDonalds, people. Other people are actually trying to enjoy a half decent meal.

How is the half decent meal ?

jerry305 Dec 14, 2017 11:40 am

Wife calls to video chat while I am in the lounge. I say I will call back in 1 minute.

Walk to a quiet corner of the lounge. Around a corner, no one visible, have my chat there. Am I doing it right?

If it sounds, to someone who is in the area, like you're having a quiet conversation with a person next to you, then yes.
If conditions, or your equipment, do not permit that, then nope.

Bohemian1 Dec 14, 2017 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by simd (Post 29173111)

A better passenger class does not necessarily mean a better class of passenger.

yyznomad Dec 14, 2017 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1 (Post 29174167)
A better passenger class does not necessarily mean a better class of passenger.

So deep.

Bohemian1 Dec 14, 2017 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 29174225)
So deep.

I get progressively more philosophical as the week goes on.

jc94 Dec 14, 2017 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by jerry305 (Post 29173910)
If it sounds, to someone who is in the area, like you're having a quiet conversation with a person next to you, then yes.
If conditions, or your equipment, do not permit that, then nope.

I was in a very quiet YHZ MLL and had a call, as I didn't want everyone listening in, I stood up, walked away from the area where there were 3-4 of us, and asked the caller to call me back later.
Same thing if I'm in a restaurant or on the TTC. I have taken calls on the brief Go before (not on the top deck); but always make an effort to keep it quiet and if I'm video calling use a pair of earphones.

yyznomad Dec 15, 2017 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by vernonc (Post 29172725)
No, pick the seat next to yyznomad.

I would make sure to unleash my comfort Pet Peever on him. Pet Peever, attack!

Diabeetus Dec 15, 2017 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1 (Post 29174346)
I get progressively more philosophical as the week goes on.

And then regress to grunting and pointing every Monday.

Bohemian1 Dec 15, 2017 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by Diabeetus (Post 29179386)
And then regress to grunting and pointing every Monday.

That's monosyllabic grunting and pointing I'll have you know.

simd Dec 16, 2017 9:21 am

Originally Posted by vernonc (Post 29173524)
How is the half decent meal ?

Half decent meal was better than than the meal served on board...the service was pretty impressive, and the overall experience was great. Pity there are some people who seem to feel that paying for a J seat entitles them to behave like that, as it was the only negative aspect of the Suite.

YOWgary Jan 6, 2018 10:39 am

How dare you.
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...5b20816814.jpg

Sean Peever Jan 6, 2018 10:44 am

Originally Posted by YOWgary (Post 29257957)

I don’t get the reference

Sean Peever Jan 6, 2018 10:45 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 29178971)
I would make sure to unleash my comfort Pet Peever on him. Pet Peever, attack!

consider it done