FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   [IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1650532-ac-lounge-pet-peeves-annoying-passengers-mll-cafe-signature-suite.html)

superangrypenguin Jan 30, 2015 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by After Burner (Post 24265047)
Just citing the regulation. :)

Ok, fair, just citing my observations. Other than what I shared at the Do, (which I won't repeat on here and ask my fellow colleagues not to), if you keep your stuff together, you're fine... :D :D Although I suspect the resident Cow to outdo the resident Penguin :D

yyznomad Jan 30, 2015 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by yhz123 (Post 24261650)
I'd like to see breakfast options available all day....
sometimes I just feel like having Frosted Flakes at 5 in the afternoon.

I know! There is something about cereal as a comfort food for me... and pouring more cereal into the leftover milk in the bowl. :)

Originally Posted by yhz123 (Post 24261650)
Re: children
we always bring our two small children into the lounge, but we are hyper-vigilant about their behaviour...for the most part they are always quiet and well behaved (we bring books and activities for them) but at the first sign of bad behaviour we just leave the lounge.

Thank you for making an effort.

Chowtime Jan 30, 2015 9:05 pm

This is so interesting to hear. Seeing how most of my flights are AM flights, I don't think I've ever seen anyone appear drunk in the last 5 years and the same applies for kids - Never see many of them. I do agree though that on the most part, I'd rather have them beside me than the guy talking business so loud that everyone knows his business. Also, the tongs are there for a reason, I don't care if its just a cookie or you feel like snacking on a chip while waiting, use the flipping tongs, you know who you are.

canadiancow Jan 30, 2015 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by Sean Peever (Post 24264877)
Yes, but how does someone "appear to be intoxicated" I would put forward that it's when people are Loud, rude and obnoxious. :)

Exactly.

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin (Post 24265030)
Uhh, some of us keep our s*it together. I won't admit to anything, but the Cow and I have publicly posted when we get so hammered we show up on board, sit down and pass out for many hours. Just saying, some of us keep our stuff together :D

I don't always pass out. Sometimes I just sit there watching movies, and I keep getting refills.

United's the only airline who ever even approached cutting me off. It was a SFO-JFK p.s. flight, and when I asked for another rum and coke, the FA said "maybe you should just have half a rum. or no rum"

But she still let me have it :D

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin (Post 24265053)
Ok, fair, just citing my observations. Other than what I shared at the Do, (which I won't repeat on here and ask my fellow colleagues not to), if you keep your stuff together, you're fine... :D :D Although I suspect the resident Cow to outdo the resident Penguin :D

If you're going to tell everyone how drunk I get, you should at least share that with ME :p

Also, I would appreciate if you stop capitalizing the "c" in cow :p

Fa Hz Jan 30, 2015 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by mikeyyz (Post 24258672)
Yeah me too! Wanna fight? :mad::p:p:p:p

Some lounges typically have a few laptop workdesks with LAN + phone but haven't seen these spots in most AC lounges. Who travels without a laptop or tablet in 2014 anyways?

mmm, me three, not sure how this can bother anyone... is it the typing? lol
sorry, some of us have to make a living!

superangrypenguin Jan 31, 2015 5:30 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 24265884)
If you're going to tell everyone how drunk I get, you should at least share that with ME :p

Also, I would appreciate if you stop capitalizing the "c" in cow :p

Hey, I only tell people either 1) what I saw in person (e.g. last Do which wasn't much as I bail early - I was driving and couldn't drink) or 2) what others posted on FT (which was pretty damn epic btw). :D or 3) what you have posted on FT :D

To your other point, yes, I gotta stop doing that, sorry!

garethlewis Jan 31, 2015 5:41 am

how good is the MLL? is it similar to the Qantas Lounge?

karachi Jan 31, 2015 10:51 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 24264166)
Two things:
1. I wanted to sit near the printer, and the only open desk had a computer.
2. I need to be able to check the settings on the computer for the printer's IP address in case I couldn't easily get it working on my laptop.

So for about 20 minutes, I sat at a desk, keyboard stash under the monitor. I used the moue for maybe 3 of those 20 minutes.

And I consider this perfectly valid.

for the record, i havent the foggiest who you are or what you look like. I've come across this sort of thing a few times. kids playing games on the PC's, adults using the workstations as their personal phone booths, or wasting a PC spot when they can use their laptops elsewhere.

superangrypenguin Jan 31, 2015 11:06 am

Originally Posted by karachi (Post 24267779)
for the record, i havent the foggiest who you are or what you look like. I've come across this sort of thing a few times. kids playing games on the PC's, adults using the workstations as their personal phone booths, or wasting a PC spot when they can use their laptops elsewhere.

When I used to go to the MLL, I used a laptop at the desk.

Why? = It's better for me ergonomically, and I don't like it when the family jewels get too warm :D :D

lcohen999 Jan 31, 2015 11:19 am

Originally Posted by garethlewis (Post 24266716)
how good is the MLL? is it similar to the Qantas Lounge?

They are similar, yet different.

Probably it has to do with what you spend more time with. All Qantas lounges have a Barista for coffee, as well as the automatic machines (except a few random places, like AKL). They have a bartender for drinks. Food options are comparable though. Deli meats, salads, etc.

I am sure regular QF travelers are probably as tired of the food choices as we are with the MLL.

I do find the QF lounges feel a bit more sterile while the MLLs a little warmer.

HerpaYvr Jan 31, 2015 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin (Post 24267848)
I don't like it when the family jewels get too warm :D :D

That is why the name changed from a laptop to a notebook! :D

So that must be some powerful piece of equipment you have giving off that much heat or are you bragging? lol :D

superangrypenguin Jan 31, 2015 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by HerpaYvr (Post 24268176)
That is why the name changed from a laptop to a notebook! :D

So that must be some powerful piece of equipment you have giving off that much heat or are you bragging? lol :D

Hahaha, certainly not bragging. That's what the padded underwear is for ;);):D:D:D

In all seriousness, yes, it is a very powerful T430s running an i7, 16gb of RAM and 2 SSD's. I run multiple VM's every week :)

HerpaYvr Jan 31, 2015 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin (Post 24268203)
In all seriousness, yes, it is a very powerful T430s running 16gb of RAM and 2 SSD's. I run multiple VM's every week :)

WOW, very sweet - I am seriously looking at updating my Toshiba T-800 and my commodore 64SE with newer models as windows 10 is just a few shorts months away, lol :D

lcohen999 Jan 31, 2015 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin (Post 24267848)
Why? = It's better for me ergonomically, and I don't like it when the family jewels get too warm :D :D

Its funny...after fathering 3 children...just not something I worry about anymore :)

SparseFlyer Jan 31, 2015 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin (Post 24268203)
In all seriousness, yes, it is a very powerful T430s running an i7, 16gb of RAM and 2 SSD's. I run multiple VM's every week :)

It looks like an Asus F6