FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   [IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1650532-ac-lounge-pet-peeves-annoying-passengers-mll-cafe-signature-suite.html)

Transpacificflyer Jan 29, 2015 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by The Lev (Post 24258969)
Datavalet.

+1 ^

YQMer Jan 29, 2015 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by aircanada_loyal (Post 24257649)
My biggest pet peeves are people in the elevator, to and/or from the MLL:
- complaining the slow MLL elevator (particularly in YYZ).

But it is slow... at usually 100 degrees. ;)

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 (Post 24258787)
- pax using Skype or similar software without using headphones.

This! I've only seen this a few times fortunately, but every time I wonder how self-absorbed do people need to be to put their conversations in a public place on speaker. Seriously.

Originally Posted by HerpaYvr (Post 24258793)
- Stupid and ignorant drunks......OK all drunks! :mad:

Even quiet, reserved drunks like myself who are just drinking to numb the pain of frequent travel ;)

Premiere Elite - YEG Jan 29, 2015 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer (Post 24259464)
LHR KLM has a children's play area. Keep them behind sound proof glass.;)
Again in fairness, I have never experienced an ill behaved kid in a MLL lounge. TG and SQ lounges are however a different story. They can run amuck.

When I am with my young children and the layover is >1hr I may take them in. When I do, we bunker in the old BMW room at YYZ domestic MLL or in any far corner of the others. My kids are always better and less annoying than loud talking DYKWIA t!ts. If the kids are not behaving you won't find them in the MLL.

My peeve would be pretty much anyone on a phone and/or any group of two or more colleagues talking shop. But the infamous Skyper, while rare, is the worst.

canadiancow Jan 29, 2015 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by karachi (Post 24258308)
1. loud talkers
2. idiots who sit in front of PC's and then use their laptops.
3. idiots who occupy PC's and then talk on the phone
4. bland food and no chili sauce in sight.

There are various legitimate reasons to sit at a computer with a laptop, even if it may look like I'm not using the computer.

YEG_SE4Life Jan 29, 2015 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by KelownaGuy (Post 24259202)
Having to keep refilling the drinks of the SE100's.

That was you?!! Thanks so much!

SparseFlyer Jan 29, 2015 8:19 pm

My only MLL pet peeve:

That guy in the corner of the domestic MLL, not touching the food, but thinking it's ok to be pounding double G&Ts while wearing his wife's t-shirt.

jbb Jan 29, 2015 8:20 pm

I don't really have too much to complain about the MLL's, but if I had to come up with Pet Peeves they might be:

1) Having to track down one of the staff members in the YVR-domestic lounge to take a shower. In other MLLs you just go to the permanently staffed front desk, but in YVR-domestic the desk-staff tell you to find a staff member upstairs to let you in to the shower. They're not always easy to find!

2) Inability to keep best food items stocked. When a fresh tray of veggies come out it can be like vultures hovering over a dead buffalo and the tray can get picked clean in minutes. This could be resolved if AC was able to keep the food stations consistently stocked

3) I echo an earlier complaint about those with laptops taking up the desk space of a PC in the business centre when an empty desk space without PC is available. Happened to me in YVR recently when I didn't have my own laptop and my wifi wasn't working on my smartphone. I wanted to check e-mail on the PC, but the PC spaces were all being used by those with Laptops even though there were empty desks unused (and I'm pretty sure those with the laptops were not using the PC connections)

As for the other big issues that posters seem to be frustrated with, namely noise from kids and loud phone conversations, I can't say I've ever had a big problem with either. However, I definitely echo the proposal that AC follow some other airlines by putting in a kids room in some of their bigger lounges. Worked a treat in the old London Lounge in Heathrow T-3 (which was clearly an SAS, as opposed to AC designed lounge).

superangrypenguin Jan 29, 2015 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer (Post 24260000)
My only MLL pet peeve:

That guy in the corner of the domestic MLL, not touching the food, but thinking it's ok to be pounding double G&Ts while wearing his wife's t-shirt.

You dick. I know exactly who/what you are referencing :D :D You're going to get me in trouble :D

vernonc Jan 29, 2015 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by jbb (Post 24260003)
I don't really have too much to complain about the MLL's, but if I had to come up with Pet Peeves they might be:

1) Having to track down one of the staff members in the YVR-domestic lounge to take a shower. In other MLLs you just go to the permanently staffed front desk, but in YVR-domestic the desk-staff tell you to find a staff member upstairs to let you in to the shower. They're not always easy to find!

2) Inability to keep best food items stocked. When a fresh tray of veggies come out it can be like vultures hovering over a dead buffalo and the tray can get picked clean in minutes. This could be resolved if AC was able to keep the food stations consistently stocked

3) I echo an earlier complaint about those with laptops taking up the desk space of a PC in the business centre when an empty desk space without PC is available. Happened to me in YVR recently when I didn't have my own laptop and my wifi wasn't working on my smartphone. I wanted to check e-mail on the PC, but the PC spaces were all being used by those with Laptops.

They are easy to find. Just past the swing door that leads into the kitchen/servery. Just push the door and yell loudly. They disapprove of people using the showers :D

SparseFlyer Jan 29, 2015 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin (Post 24260022)
You dick. I know exactly who/what you are referencing :D :D You're going to get me in trouble :D

I edited it to maintain privacy

Yyttraveler Jan 29, 2015 9:34 pm

I have no major complaints about the MLLs; in most cases they are a better time than waiting in the boarding area
But:

1) When YYT lounge is full, sometimes because I see people entering with 3+ friends (since there is no check in desk, you simply need a code which you are given upon checking in). Normally I don't care, but when there are no seats available, I'm not a happy camper.

2) People a large number of cookies when there are only a few left (Once saw a guy take 5 cookies at once and eat them all within 2 minutes).

ulyparis Jan 29, 2015 9:38 pm

^

Originally Posted by YVRorange (Post 24257223)
Just wondering what your biggest pet peeve is in the MLL?

Mine is pretty simple, mobile phone users in the quiet/cell free zone of the lounges. I despise you all who talk on your phones where you shouldn't!

yyznomad Jan 30, 2015 4:39 am

Originally Posted by IluvSQ (Post 24258521)
Um, that's me.
What's wrong with that? I need a desk area, with an electrical outlet,
( and preferably a LAN cable, which I think is more secire than wireless).
Unfortunately, only the work area with the PC's provide these.
So what's your problem?

Nothing is wrong with that.
Karachi is just saying that you're an idiot! :p :D :p

The Lev Jan 30, 2015 6:14 am

Not being able to access the domestic and transborder YYZ MLL by stairs.

yhz123 Jan 30, 2015 6:51 am

I'd like to see breakfast options available all day....
sometimes I just feel like having Frosted Flakes at 5 in the afternoon.

Re: children
we always bring our two small children into the lounge, but we are hyper-vigilant about their behaviour...for the most part they are always quiet and well behaved (we bring books and activities for them) but at the first sign of bad behaviour we just leave the lounge.