Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite

[IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite

Old Jan 29, 2015, 3:11 pm

Bottom Feeders.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
- pax screaming into their cell phones
- pax using Skype or similar software without using headphones
- pax who lack basic manners (putting feet on the table etc.)

Overall, I find most MLLs to be quite pleasant and the pax to be reasonably well-behaved. I actually prefer the MLLs over some AA Flagship F lounges, so as far as AC is concerned, the MLLs are at the bottom of my complaint list.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 3:28 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
God where do I start

- Guys who do #1 in the toilet stalls and don't flush or pee everywhere, use a urinal and don't be shy we don't look or care
- Guys who do #2 in the toilet stalls and don't flush - Its Canada not third world
- trailer trash in the MLL as guest for the very first time
- Narcissists who are on the phone (or are they) bragging how great they are
- Screaming kids - yes kids will be kids, but not in the MLL I pay too much to listen to this
- Stupid and ignorant drunks......OK all drunks!
- The star alliance GOLD traveler who fills his jacket pockets with food and stuff
- Politicians
Old Jan 29, 2015, 3:36 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*G), Westjet Gold
Crowds

I hate getting into a MLL and finding it packed. They should be for Elite, Super Elite, Star Alliance Gold, and Business Class. Anyone not in one of these categories should only be allowed in with a pass that comes as part of the Altitude package (ie. SE gives her husband and colleague her 4 passes). I hate that AC sells annual access to lounges for only a few hundred dollars, or offers access as a cheap add on to flex or latitude tickets. I especially dislike that credit card holders get passes to use on reward tickets.

Its just sad when the lounge is like a zoo, and all the FFs wait at the gate because they can't stand this formerly exclusive perk (YYC especially...).
Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Datavalet.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:25 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by nave888
Its just sad when the lounge is like a zoo, and all the FFs wait at the gate because they can't stand this formerly exclusive perk (YYC especially...).
lol! Did that 2 weeks ago in YYZ domestic- lounge was packed and virtually no open seats - opted to sit and enjoy a beer I had to pay for at Mill St instead.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:27 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum
- Dirty Glasses - seems to happen more often now
- Dishes/ Glasses left around and not picked up
- Datavalet

But 9 time out of 10, I'm relatively happy.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:35 pm

Lounges getting too crowded.
I'm not sure whether the solution is to allow fewer people in or to expand the lounges.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, WS Silver, UA Silver
Having to keep refilling the drinks of the SE100's.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Annoying guest #1: it's 7am and the MLL at YYZ is almost standing room only but that doesn't matter as long as your briefcase gets its own seat.

Annoying guest #2: You simply can't put down your free food or cheap wine for just one moment so you must complete all your calls on speaker mode, balancing your phone on your chest.

Kids.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 5:38 pm

Programs: E50K, *Gold, WS Gold,VIA Premier, VIPorter
People who think they are better than others. For example a few times, I have heard people loudly and point at me saying "this is why I don't like the lounge passes. Parents just give it to their kids". For fun, sometimes I walk by them after with my E50K tag :P

Also in the evening when they run out of cookies (my fav part of the MLL)

And on the note of kids, lounges should have a kids area. TG, Qantas all do this and it's a much nicer environment for everyone.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by ffsim
1. Loud talkers, followed closely by...
2. the freaking annoying tongs they expect us to use with the ice bucket! It takes FOREVER to fill a pint glass with a reasonable amount of ice.
For me it's not the tongs it's the little shovel thing they have to scoop the ice. It's awful!
Old Jan 29, 2015, 5:54 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
People standing at the veggie trays, tortilla chips, etc and picking up any food they want with their fingers....eating it...then getting more... Just use the utensils and put your food on a plate like everybody else. Gross...
Old Jan 29, 2015, 6:01 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by Dorian
Too many people allowed in.

Feet up on the tables, which I mostly see at YUL.
Never seen that. The tables you are referring to are in the fine dining area that look out onto the tarmac, right? It would be rather difficult to do that since those are cafeteria style tables. Unless, you mean the lounge are in the front? I don't sit there, as it is more for people on short stay or who need something from the agents, so they tend to hang around that area. Besides it only has a beer thingie and a coffee machine.

My big pet peeve are dirty dishes not being collected in a timely manner. Especially bad in YUL Int'l and YYZ domestic.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 6:05 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by PilotTobe
People who think they are better than others. For example a few times, I have heard people loudly and point at me saying "this is why I don't like the lounge passes. Parents just give it to their kids". For fun, sometimes I walk by them after with my E50K tag :P

Also in the evening when they run out of cookies (my fav part of the MLL)

And on the note of kids, lounges should have a kids area. TG, Qantas all do this and it's a much nicer environment for everyone.
LHR KLM has a children's play area. Keep them behind sound proof glass.
Again in fairness, I have never experienced an ill behaved kid in a MLL lounge. TG and SQ lounges are however a different story. They can run amuck.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.