Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL

Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL

Old May 29, 2015, 9:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
All Allvest is asking for is for everyone to just try their best and exercise common sense and common courtesy. That's about it. Just try at the very least.
Exactly. Just extending some common sense respect to thy neighbor. I thought that mattered.

In aviation, either in the MLL or onboard, there's a lot of us in a small space. We're all there because we can't afford private aviation, so we fly commercially. I'm not asking my neighbor to put up my bag for me or to go fetch me a bottle of wine in the MLL, what I am asking is for some decent human civility.

Honestly, I can't think of a worse place that I go to than a MLL (or some lounges in the US) where I am appalled by the lack of respect for another human being. It's demoralizing. I shake my head every time.

And it's not just fellow passengers. Airline staff can treat other human beings terribly too.

I mean, come on. We're all living a finite amount of time on this blueish planet. Let's all extend to each other a bit of respect, especially in today's world of cramped flying! At least in the MLL, there's still some space

//signed the guy who probably finally lived up to his moniker/alias

Originally Posted by bcrdukes
Haven't been in any MLL in a while and although I'm sure it's been mentioned, my biggest pet peeve are people who stuff their bags with drinks and and snacks like they are entitled to it all.
Worth an edit for: how cheap does someone have to be to do this??? Boils my blood. Maybe I'm better off staying at the PPL

Last edited by superangrypenguin; May 29, 2015 at 9:22 pm
Old May 29, 2015, 11:20 pm

I did this once. I've been flying in J and was flying out in Y. For a long flight. Yes, I did this.
Old May 30, 2015, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by LearningToFly
I did this once. I've been flying in J and was flying out in Y. For a long flight. Yes, I did this.
Pick and flick your toe jam?
Old May 30, 2015, 11:49 am

Pick and flick your toe jam?
Yeurk. I was answering Bcrdukes and Superangry.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 2:23 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
To recap....

Originally Posted by 24left
Welcome to the gym. Or the beach. Or someone's backyard.

I understand it's Friday and some people go casual.
Right now in the MLL, there are people who look like they are still at the gym in complete yoga attire.

There are a quite a few guys, wearing the kind of shorts and Tshirts one would wear while sitting on the deck or mowing the lawn.

While I am hardly the fashion police, it's just a little tacky.........

Originally Posted by catgirl
LOL, then I am afraid that I am going to offend your sensibilities. I travel in yoga attire all the time. There is nothing more comfortable on a plane than a pair of stretchy pants, paired with a comfortable tee, and topped off with a stretchy jacket with a hoodie and long sleeves.....

Then you have missed my point. It is not about you or your presumption about offending my sensibilities.

There are different types of yoga wear. Some of it is perfectly fine with T's and hoodies. What I saw was yoga wear and tank tops that were more suited to a gym etc.

I saw men of a certain size, wearing those nylon-type loose shorts, the kind one does roll out of bed in or which would be perfect for lawn-mowing.

On the AC website, Maple Leaf Lounge Admittance Terms & Conditions:

"7. While our lounges are not subject to a formal dress code, proper attire is respectfully requested."

So who from here is going to publish the handbook on what we can and cannot complain about? I'd be the first to buy it so that I can study it all year long - maybe get a University degree in it.

I'd like to know. I still don't understand why people here in this thread and other threads in this forum judge on what we can and cannot complain about.

All Allvest is asking for is for everyone to just try their best and exercise common sense and common courtesy. That's about it. Just try at the very least.

+10000000

The title of the thread is "Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL".
Old Jun 3, 2015, 7:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
The problem I think is that AC doesn't specify what is proper attire. I have 0 issue with yoga pants. Despite the obvious, in society this is "normal" now. Women and men of all shapes and sizes wear them. Do I think it's right? No. But it is pervasive now, especially in western Canada...
Old Jun 3, 2015, 7:12 am

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
YUCK!! The nerve of some people.

This reminds me why I'm against the current self serve method of hard liquor in the lounge. You know, the thing you push your glass against and then the happy liquids flow?

I often see people reuse a glass. That means that person's spit is now on the black thing. And over time, a lot of people's spit is on there. Shudders.

Don't get me wrong, it's not nearly enough to stop me but the thought is sickening. Maybe that's why I don't hit that up anymore. Self serve wine is cleaner from that perspective...

//signed = the resident germophobe...
I always assume the alcohol will clean off any germs, so I just pour myself a little extra just to be safe. Some days I'm more cautious than others!
Old Jun 3, 2015, 11:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
The problem I think is that AC doesn't specify what is proper attire. I have 0 issue with yoga pants. Despite the obvious, in society this is "normal" now. Women and men of all shapes and sizes wear them. Do I think it's right? No. But it is pervasive now, especially in western Canada...
Long pants and sandals (I don't know why, I just think it looks ridiculous). Socks and sandals. Bare feet. Tank tops on most guys.

But aside from the "bare feet", this is all personal preference, without a good reason for it.

I actually don't particularly enjoy seeing a sea of suits. I'd rather they ban dress shirts than t-shirts. But I fully accept that's never going to happen

Heck, they should ban tucked in shirts. It's an airport, not a sales meeting.

So uhh... what's the dress code?
Old Jun 3, 2015, 11:53 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
1) Pets - They don't belong in the Lounge and Cabin! If you don't like it leave them home or lots of other options I can suggest! I love dogs used to have one but they are NOT family but I treated my dogs well.

2) Loud Talkers! I don't mind some people talk on the cell if they are talking low. At least when the person is talking on the phone its only "one" person but when two people are talking loud there are two!!!

3) People who think they are superior then everyone because of their FF status - Sometimes I'd like to ask them if they spent dime or if their employer paid for it?

4) Complainers, people who are never happy! I don't need negative people around me!

5) I don't mind loud kids to a certain extent but NOT when they are allowed to run around!

Anyways in the end it takes a while for me to get annoyed some people here I see have low tolerance! For as long as no one bothers me or talk loudly beside me or have a pet then I am good. Cheers!
Old Jun 3, 2015, 11:57 am

Ya its very sad that Yoga pants is becoming a norm or like a jeans on women! BUT they are a lot easier to take off and put back on than jeans .

But please there are some fat people who like to wear 2 sizes smaller than what they NEED! They need to wear what's appropriate for their damn body not what they "dreamed" to be!!!

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Tank tops on most guys.
Just really shows zero class! I see this in a restaurant of a Luxury hotel, makes me shake my head! And some of them who just like to show off their arms! Why not wear a fitted/compression shirt!
Old Jun 3, 2015, 11:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BRAISKI
1) Pets - They don't belong in the Lounge and Cabin! If you don't like it leave them home or lots of other options I can suggest! I love dogs used to have one but they are NOT family but I treated my dogs well.

2) Loud Talkers! I don't mind some people talk on the cell if they are talking low. At least when the person is talking on the phone its only "one" person but when two people are talking loud there are two!!!

3) People who think they are superior then everyone because of their FF status - Sometimes I'd like to ask them if they spent dime or if their employer paid for it?

4) Complainers, people who are never happy! I don't need negative people around me!

5) I don't mind loud kids to a certain extent but NOT when they are allowed to run around!

Anyways in the end it takes a while for me to get annoyed some people here I see have low tolerance! For as long as no one bothers me or talk loudly beside me or have a pet then I am good. Cheers!
1) Agreed
2) If you need to take a call, fine, but go to the elevators or somewhere, agreed!
3) Why does this matter? I have never and do not buy this argument.
4) Yes, including bartenders?
5) Yep!

But please there are some fat people who like to wear 2 sizes smaller than what they NEED! They need to wear what's appropriate for their damn body not what they "dreamed" to be!!!
Agreed (or 4 sizes too small), but the feminists will flame you for that! Women are entitled to wear what they want, so next time i'm wearing a speedo to the lounge
Old Jun 3, 2015, 12:07 pm

Women AND men should wear clothing the size appropriate to their bodies.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by mromalley
Women AND men should wear clothing the size appropriate to their bodies.
Jeez, talk about asking for the world, eh?

Old Jun 3, 2015, 2:15 pm

Agreed (or 4 sizes too small), but the feminists will flame you for that! Women are entitled to wear what they want, so next time i'm wearing a speedo to the lounge
Oh my goodness, I can just hear/see/read a "woman was offended" to see a man wearing speedo!
Old Jun 3, 2015, 2:54 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Oh my goodness, I can just hear/see/read a "woman was offended" to see a man wearing speedo!
oh good lord yes ... speedos on 94% of the male population is offensive

The other 6% .. well ... yeah, no. Unless you've qualified for the olympics, it's really just not sexy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.