FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   [IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1650532-ac-lounge-pet-peeves-annoying-passengers-mll-cafe-signature-suite.html)

ffsim May 29, 2015 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Allvest (Post 24888191)
There are bigger issues. Sometimes "clothes make the man" and sometimes it's just appearances.

I don't really care, but please keep your feet covered and stop picking your nose, ears and scabs, refrain from flicking toejam, fingernail clippings and do NOT use your table napkin as a handkerchief. Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing and do wash your hands after using the restroom. With soap.

A-men ^

Zarg May 29, 2015 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Allvest (Post 24888002)
I am sorry, but having someone's bare feet hanging over the seat or picking scabs, or rubbing their sweat all over the seats because they aren't wearing at least t-shirt or polo shirt is definitely my business to complain about.

there are ways to dress casually, even for vacation, and then there are ways to dress to offend.

Feet also carry nasty germs, viruses, warts, and fungi. It's just gross, especially in confined spaces with hundreds of people together. There should be a very strict no-barefoot and skin covered rule.

Someone could transmit all these germs, bacteria, viruses even dressed completely professionally. Ever seen someone picking their nose, teeth, sneezing/coughing and then touching armrests, table trays, overhead bins, door handles, etc.??? Happens all the time. It has very little to do with how someone dresses - it's about acting respectfully towards others.

FlyerTalker683455 May 29, 2015 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Zarg (Post 24888243)
Someone could transmit all these germs, bacteria, viruses even dressed completely professionally. Ever seen someone picking their nose, teeth, sneezing/coughing and then touching armrests, table trays, overhead bins, door handles, etc.??? Happens all the time. It has very little to do with how someone dresses - it's about acting respectfully towards others.

At least they can't clip their toenails wearing a suit. And their athlete's foot fungi, yellow nail fungi and warts are contained inside a sock, which is better than being rubbed all over the pods.

jjlm May 29, 2015 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Zarg (Post 24888243)

I don't think anyone suggested that it was only those who are not well dressed who do these things. You are very correct, it has nothing to with the clothing. I work in a professional environment wear people often where expensive clothing, but they still do many of those things. People dressing sloppily is a pet peeve for sure, but all that other stuff is gross and unacceptable no matter who does it.

And thanks, penguin. I usually try to disassociate the guy who did not wash his hands from the guy using the food tongs at the MLL. After your post, not sure I will be able to trick myself into separating them any more.

entropy May 29, 2015 12:44 pm

- complaining the slow MLL elevator (particularly in YYZ).
That's fine to complain about, they ought to have stairs.

karachi May 29, 2015 1:41 pm

ok - what about Birkenstocks or similar sandals ?

bcrdukes May 29, 2015 2:15 pm

Haven't been in any MLL in a while and although I'm sure it's been mentioned, my biggest pet peeve are people who stuff their bags with drinks and and snacks like they are entitled to it all.

jjlm May 29, 2015 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by karachi (Post 24888664)

Only if worn with big woolly sock!

catgirl May 29, 2015 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 24886026)
Welcome to the gym. Or the beach. Or someone's backyard.

I understand it's Friday and some people go casual.
Right now in the MLL, there are people who look like they are still at the gym in complete yoga attire.

LOL, then I am afraid that I am going to offend your sensibilities. I travel in yoga attire all the time. There is nothing more comfortable on a plane than a pair of stretchy pants, paired with a comfortable tee, and topped off with a stretchy jacket with a hoodie and long sleeves (complete with thumb holes). Add a pair of slip-on Skechers and voila! ... travel attire that works for air travel of any length!

P.S. Heaven is getting out of my daytime business suit (and dress shoes) and into this outfit at the airport before I board my flight.

tracon May 29, 2015 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by Allvest (Post 24886405)
No cutoffs or tank tops.

If high schools are having troubles enforcing the above, I can't imagine the lounge would have an easier time enforcing that.

karachi May 29, 2015 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by catgirl (Post 24889589)
LOL, then I am afraid that I am going to offend your sensibilities. I travel in yoga attire all the time. There is nothing more comfortable on a plane than a pair of stretchy pants, paired with a comfortable tee, and topped off with a stretchy jacket with a hoodie and long sleeves (complete with thumb holes). Add a pair of slip-on Skechers and voila! ... travel attire that works for air travel of any length!

P.S. Heaven is getting out of my daytime business suit (and dress shoes) and into this outfit at the airport before I board my flight.

jeans, tshirt, slip on Sanuks. and yes, i do take them off and put on slippers for anything longer than 5 hrs.

kwflyer May 29, 2015 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 24888801)
Haven't been in any MLL in a while and although I'm sure it's been mentioned, my biggest pet peeve are people who stuff their bags with drinks and and snacks like they are entitled to it all.

I saw a monk once fill his entire large thermos full of coffee from the MLL once. Who said buddha isn't watching? :D

yyznomad May 29, 2015 7:21 pm

So who from here is going to publish the handbook on what we can and cannot complain about? I'd be the first to buy it so that I can study it all year long - maybe get a University degree in it.

I'd like to know. I still don't understand why people here in this thread and other threads in this forum judge on what we can and cannot complain about.

All Allvest is asking for is for everyone to just try their best and exercise common sense and common courtesy. That's about it. Just try at the very least.

yyznomad May 29, 2015 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by jjlm (Post 24889035)
Only if worn with big woolly sock!

I saw that too in the YYZ int'l MLL on Wednesday (in Birkenstocks, of course).

SYDYVR May 29, 2015 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by karachi (Post 24888664)

Birkenstocks are not on in the Qantas lounge,Air Canada would be wise to follow their example.
Too funny.....Love people who think the law doesn't apply to them.They go public,thinking they have been hard done by and then cop it even more.

http://www.businessinsider.com/this-...gs-2015-4?IR=T

https://it-it.facebook.com/birkensto...34306619963636