FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Does the IKK benefit not apply to Rouge flights? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1647365-does-ikk-benefit-not-apply-rouge-flights.html)

Snow Goose Jan 19, 2015 7:50 am

Does the IKK benefit not apply to Rouge flights?

I've been trying to book YYZ-MCO for a family holiday and have noticed that on multiple dates/flights IKK economy flights are not available even when the flight is clearly not in an oversell situation (cheaper Flex fares being sold and seat map is only half full). I can purchase Aeroplan market fares on these same dates for 25% more miles (and slightly lower fees), but no IKK.

I confess that I have no previous experience trying to IKK economy class Rouge flights. Have they always been excepted from IKK or is this a new development? Given the ever expanding footprint of Rouge, I hope that this is a short term technical issue rather than a policy. I have sent a PM to Ben asking for assistance or clarification.

SG

alc Jan 19, 2015 9:22 am

Last Jan (2014) when I was still SE, I was be able to IKK 4 Y seats for YYZ-CUN and another 4 Y seats for CUN-YYZ. The dates was during the X'mas holidays too. So unless something had changed, IKK should work for rouge flights.

gcashin Jan 19, 2015 9:24 am

Just booked an IKK Y on rouge for YYC-LAS yesterday (not available as classic reward). so seemed to work for me.

Snow Goose Jan 19, 2015 2:02 pm

Maybe it is just me :p

...or perhaps they are now restricting it on dates/routes that they expect to sell out.

I will report back if Ben responds to my IM.

SG

canadiancow Jan 19, 2015 2:03 pm

I had to do some shenanigans to IKK a rouge flight a year ago (it was booked 150/150, but I wanted to cancel my existing ticket and rebook it), and I know for a fact I got the last seat.

I'd call in and ask them about it. Lower Flex fares being available does not mean they're not oversold, and an empty seat map on a route that sells lots of Tango also doesn't mean much.

InTheAirGuy Jan 19, 2015 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by Snow Goose (Post 24193790)

SG

"I can purchase Aeroplan market fares on these same dates for 25% more miles (and slightly lower fees), but no IKK"

----> Yup. That seems to be the new 1KK. I can confirm that experience

"I hope that this is a short term technical issue rather than a policy. "

-----> Doubtful! It's all policy.

I have sent a PM to Ben asking for assistance or clarification.

-----> Good luck with that.

Welcome to the new SE.

superangrypenguin Jan 19, 2015 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by Snow Goose (Post 24196182)
I will report back if Ben responds to my IM.

I dunno if it's an honest mistake, but how are you IMing Ben? I mean...sheeeet. :D

Snow Goose Jan 19, 2015 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin (Post 24197993)
I dunno if it's an honest mistake, but how are you IMing Ben? I mean...sheeeet. :D

Ok - PM

Happy now?

:D

SG

superangrypenguin Jan 19, 2015 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by Snow Goose (Post 24198004)
Ok - PM

Happy now?

:D

SG

Damn. Nah I was genuinely curious and wasn't trolling. I've had great conversations about various things with Ben via email, but IM'ing was clearly out of my league, lol :)

YEG_SE4Life Jan 19, 2015 9:27 pm

Op, did you try calling the Aeroplan line to see what they had to say? I have had a lot of success with YEG PHX IKK this winter. I have flown 11 family members on different dates via ACr on IKK when Classic flights weren't available.

Snow Goose Jan 20, 2015 5:55 am

Originally Posted by YEG2MM (Post 24198399)
Op, did you try calling the Aeroplan line to see what they had to say? I have had a lot of success with YEG PHX IKK this winter. I have flown 11 family members on different dates via ACr on IKK when Classic flights weren't available.

Yes, I called Aeroplan thinking that it was possibly a problem with the website. They were not able to access IKK either, but offered market fares as an alternative (which I declined).

SG

ridefar Jan 20, 2015 6:24 am

Ben would tell you it is only certain routes on certain dates.

It is so obviously a misrepresentation that it is just absurd.

yvr76 Jan 20, 2015 7:31 am

OP, try sending a DM to ACAltitude on Twitter. Let them know you're looking for Y (not J), which is only supposed to be capacity controlled if the flight is oversold.

YEG_SE4Life Jan 20, 2015 7:45 am

The stated benefit on the Altitude website is "access to any unsold Economy Class Seat."

ridefar Jan 20, 2015 8:08 am

Originally Posted by YEG2MM (Post 24200217)
The stated benefit on the Altitude website is "access to any unsold Economy Class Seat."

I think the real question is: do benefits that Altitude members receive on AC also accrue on all rouge flights in exactly the same way? Not having time to read all the T&Cs at Altitude right now, do they explicitly state any thing other than AC (mainlane)? In the past AC Express/Jazz was included. But is that coincidental or deliberate policy?