Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Does the IKK benefit not apply to Rouge flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does the IKK benefit not apply to Rouge flights?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Geoflying
Well I didn't want to post all the detail but a random inspection of the actual flights available did show plenty of them.
Fair enough.

And this isn't directed at you but at anybody struggling with the Aeroplan site to understand availability: ExpertFlyer or the like is a lot easier way to determine real availability and start to build your itinerary. That way you can see how many J and Y seats are available (another thing the AE site is terrible at: you have to do as many searches as seats you want to determine that--and for each segment).
Old Jan 21, 2015, 10:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Snow Goose
Unless AC has changed things this year, you cannot IKK J award seats when the flight is oversold period. It doesn't matter if the flight is J9R9 or whatever.

To your second point, why would Aeroplan have even the slightest clue as to whether the flight is oversold or not? That is information that only AC should/could have.(or am I missing something?).

Finally, I'm not really making accusations or trying to smear AC - anyone can see from my posting history that I choose to fly AC and generally give them the benefit of the doubt. Having said that, even the most ardent SE100k flyer is aware that there have been negative changes to IKK reward availability this year and every year for the past half decade. Hopefully you are correct and this isn't another one.

SG
Aeroplan seems to have complete access to AC's system. When I called in, they told me my flight was 150/150 (or whatever the capacity was), so if I cancelled my existing booking, it should go to 149/150, and I should be able to IKK the seat in a new booking. And he was absolutely right. There was no IKK before I called or after I called, but right when he cancelled my booking, one seat showed available.

I'm also not saying IKK is "what it used to be" (from what I've heard, at least), but I have seen zero evidence that we can't get any unsold seat in Y.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 10:47 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by YEG2MM
Have you ever, as you're going through security, proudly proclaimed that you are "the bomber"?
OT Well--another FT kindly made me a metal luggage tag with "BlondeBomber" but then security amped up in the early 2000s and I no longer carry it with me (but still treasure it at home) . . .

BOT -- guess AC Rouge must be doing Ok on these routes to MCO--much better than the western routes perhaps?
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:34 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
I'm is now horrible. I thought everyone was exaggerating,but, I di a few searches from Yul to Europe, for a single seat , multiple dates, just to float around. It's a joke now,Ikk is just about worthless now!
Old Jan 28, 2015, 8:34 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Just to clarify the new YQ changes for SE.
I am looking at 5 tickets during March break on Y from YYZ-OGG (Hawaii). On Rouge (yes, I know, please no flaming). Taxes and fees show as approx $1K. If I wait till 01 March, will these taxes/fees be significantly lower as per the new rules? Cost is 225K Aeroplan points for 5 tickets.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:13 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by vernonc
Just to clarify the new YQ changes for SE.
I am looking at 5 tickets during March break on Y from YYZ-OGG (Hawaii). On Rouge (yes, I know, please no flaming). Taxes and fees show as approx $1K. If I wait till 01 March, will these taxes/fees be significantly lower as per the new rules? Cost is 225K Aeroplan points for 5 tickets.
Well whatever is listed in the "carrier surcharge" in the fees breakdown will disappear
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Well whatever is listed in the "carrier surcharge" in the fees breakdown will disappear
Hopefully it is as simple as that. I will be watching out for stuff that was in that bucket to get separated out though...
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Geoflying
Hopefully it is as simple as that. I will be watching out for stuff that was in that bucket to get separated out though...
Why? It's been clarified by Ben that it's the entire YQ charge that is disappearing.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Why? It's been clarified by Ben that it's the entire YQ charge that is disappearing.
Not just YQ (fuel surcharge), but the equivalent name = carrier surcharge. Ben has confirmed it's going away for SE's for everywhere or N. American redemptions for Altitude members
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Not just YQ (fuel surcharge), but the equivalent name = carrier surcharge. Ben has confirmed it's going away for SE's for everywhere or N. American redemptions for Altitude members
YQ is not the fuel surcharge (anymore). People just call it that. But it is the charge that is being waived.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.