Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2017, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
Access to the Montreal (YUL) International Maple Leaf Lounge™ (MLL)

Latest news, as per The Altitude Report, "October Edition", sent on November 1, 2017:

Our Montreal International Maple Leaf Lounge™ next to Gate 52 offers a peaceful, sophisticated place to relax before taking flight. As a friendly reminder, eligible customers who are departing on an international flight may access the lounge, regardless of the departure gate. Those departing on a domestic flight may only access the international lounge if their departure gate is between 50 and 68. They can also access the domestic Maple Leaf Lounge next to Gates 1 and 3.

An aside from yyznomad: (November 1, 2017)

From my own insider information, there was a recent meeting to discuss access to the YUL International MLL. It was to discuss access eligibility for domestic flights, due to overcrowding. I found this out due to an experience where I was flying out of Gate 50 on a domestic flight and was denied by both a lounge agent and a concierge seated next to him. After patiently waiting for them to reconfirm the rules, only upon my insistence, did they let me in. The agent vehemently advised that it was Gate 52 and higher and told me to talk to the concierge next to him. The concierge then asked the same agent what the rule was, and sided with the agent without verifying. Two days later, another agent apologized on their behalf for getting it wrong as it was still Gate 50 to 68. In any case, the rule still stands for gates 50-68.

Also, if you got in, but as an exception to the rules, then consider yourself simply as lucky.

So don't be afraid to stand your ground, with or without printed proof. So as long as you are eligible, stand your ground! You are most likely to get an agent who won't know the rules and wrongly turn you away.
Print Wikipost

YUL International MLL

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ffsim
This change doesn't only put the International MLL out of reach of domestic pax, but also the Banque National lounge. Essentially, domestic and transborder pax will no longer have lounge access at YUL with Amex / PPL... pretty lousy deal IMHO.
Ha, I forgot about that one! I remember when it was the makeshift international MLL and then after it became BN, I was graciously guested by an esteemed FTer.
ffsim likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Ha, I forgot about that one! I remember when it was the makeshift international MLL and then after it became BN, I was graciously guested by an esteemed FTer.
That's the one!
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I remember quite a few YVR/YYC/YEG-YUL red-eyes during EYW where I'd grab a shower before a TB connection.

Actually, if you're walking from DOM to TB, will they let you into the "international" area first? I can't recall where the cutoff is for TB compared to where the international gates start.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:54 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I remember quite a few YVR/YYC/YEG-YUL red-eyes during EYW where I'd grab a shower before a TB connection.

Actually, if you're walking from DOM to TB, will they let you into the "international" area first? I can't recall where the cutoff is for TB compared to where the international gates start.
The hallway that leads to TB is right before you walk through the duty free area so there should not be any need to cross through International to go to TB.
ffsim likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I will be on the TK flight YUL-IST next year, in J, and wonder whether I would have access to the International MLL? I am Star Alliance Gold too, if that would help.

Is this MLL open late at night, as TK departs after 10:30 pm.
Old May 14, 2019, 12:43 pm
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by transportprof
I will be on the TK flight YUL-IST next year, in J, and wonder whether I would have access to the International MLL? I am Star Alliance Gold too, if that would help.

Yes, you will have lounge access. The lounge will only be open if AC has late flights or TK is willing to pay the staffing.
Old May 14, 2019, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by 5mm
Yes, you will have lounge access. The lounge will only be open if AC has late flights or TK is willing to pay the staffing.
That lounge closes at 20:30.
Old May 14, 2019, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by jasdou
That lounge closes at 20:30.
Thanks to you and 5mm for both responses. I did some digging in the AC web page and could find a posted schedule for the YUL Intl MLL only through October 2019. While it is true that the lounge closes at 20:30 currently, it is scheduled to remain open to 22:30 between June and October.

Does anyone know when the lounge schedule is typically updated? Perhaps when the autumn flight schedule changes are announced?
Old May 14, 2019, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Thanks to you and 5mm for both responses. I did some digging in the AC web page and could find a posted schedule for the YUL Intl MLL only through October 2019. While it is true that the lounge closes at 20:30 currently, it is scheduled to remain open to 22:30 between June and October.

Does anyone know when the lounge schedule is typically updated? Perhaps when the autumn flight schedule changes are announced?
@transportprof
The YUL International MLL schedule changes frequently (more than any other MLL). You should just check every so often for updates.
jasdou likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 4:23 pm

@transportprof
The YUL International MLL schedule changes frequently (more than any other MLL). You should just check every so often for updates.
Also, sometimes the published schedule on the web does not match the schedule posted by the door in the airport. I recall @DrunkCargo posted something about this a little while ago.
Old May 14, 2019, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also, sometimes the published schedule on the web does not match the schedule posted by the door in the airport. I recall @DrunkCargo posted something about this a little while ago.
Right. Plus sometimes it's due to the MLL agent not returning to their shift in time to open the doors again. This has happened to me on several occasions where the agent is 15+ minutes late.
Yay.
Old May 14, 2019, 4:43 pm

@transportprof

Right. Plus sometimes it's due to the MLL agent not returning to their shift in time to open the doors again. This has happened to me on several occasions where the agent is 15+ minutes late.
Yay.
This is most helpful, and interesting. I wonder why the YUL MLL schedule is so volatile, and the correspondence between what is published and what is practiced there so unpredictable?

Things out here in Vancouver are quite sedate and predictable, by comparison.
Old May 14, 2019, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is most helpful, and interesting. I wonder why the YUL MLL schedule is so volatile, and the correspondence between what is published and what is practiced there so unpredictable?<br /><br />Things out here in Vancouver are quite sedate and predictable, by comparison.
<br /><br />The AC international schedule ex-YUL is not as "constant" as it is with, say, YYZ international (that is, there is arguable no steady stream of flights).<br /><br />So there often pockets of time where there are no flights out and with a a couple to a few hours before the next international flight goes out, they sometimes schedule a closure of the lounge for increments of 45 minutes to 90 minutes (these are amounts I've seen, but are subject to change at any given time). So at one point their schedule had several 45 minute pockets of closure. One would arrive to the YUL international MLL only to find it's closed for another 20 minutes. You wait (with the growing group) for that 20 minutes but the MLL agent doesn't arrive until 35 minutes later.

Of course if you have something like a transborder or domestic connection to international that is during such times and your cnx is more than, say, a few hours, you could be relegated to the concourse... which isn't necessarily the worst thing, but it sucks if you have a paid J ticket and can't stay in the lounge until your flight.
Old May 18, 2019, 4:02 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Tldr sorry

Domestic itin gate 50, no intl mll.

According to Jerry the call centre concierge (yes I'll name him.. he can sue me) 3-4 months ago. According to so many staff at YUL, 3-4 weeks ago.

​​​why does this matter to me? I'm a sweaty mess right now. But whatever, fk Yul YVR.
Old May 18, 2019, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
Tldr sorry

Domestic itin gate 50, no intl mll.

According to Jerry the call centre concierge (yes I'll name him.. he can sue me) 3-4 months ago. According to so many staff at YUL, 3-4 weeks ago.

​​​why does this matter to me? I'm a sweaty mess right now. But whatever, fk Yul YVR.
Yep. No more domestic departure access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.