Old Nov 1, 2017, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
Access to the Montreal (YUL) International Maple Leaf Lounge (MLL)

Latest news, as per The Altitude Report, "October Edition", sent on November 1, 2017:

Our Montreal International Maple Leaf Lounge next to Gate 52 offers a peaceful, sophisticated place to relax before taking flight. As a friendly reminder, eligible customers who are departing on an international flight may access the lounge, regardless of the departure gate. Those departing on a domestic flight may only access the international lounge if their departure gate is between 50 and 68. They can also access the domestic Maple Leaf Lounge next to Gates 1 and 3.

An aside from yyznomad: (November 1, 2017)

From my own insider information, there was a recent meeting to discuss access to the YUL International MLL. It was to discuss access eligibility for domestic flights, due to overcrowding. I found this out due to an experience where I was flying out of Gate 50 on a domestic flight and was denied by both a lounge agent and a concierge seated next to him. After patiently waiting for them to reconfirm the rules, only upon my insistence, did they let me in. The agent vehemently advised that it was Gate 52 and higher and told me to talk to the concierge next to him. The concierge then asked the same agent what the rule was, and sided with the agent without verifying. Two days later, another agent apologized on their behalf for getting it wrong as it was still Gate 50 to 68. In any case, the rule still stands for gates 50-68.

Also, if you got in, but as an exception to the rules, then consider yourself simply as lucky.

So don't be afraid to stand your ground, with or without printed proof. So as long as you are eligible, stand your ground! You are most likely to get an agent who won't know the rules and wrongly turn you away.
Print Wikipost

YUL International MLL

Old Mar 29, 2019, 1:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 24left
Right, I was told this by some concierges a few months ago. Apparently, having domestic pax wandering the international departures area was not a good thing.
It was discussed in the OSS thread in October.

I really think you need to stop listening to front-line staff

It has nothing to do with domestic pax "wandering" around. It has everything to do with streamlining the international connection process.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:49 pm

Programs: *$ Green
I'll be at the airport on Apr 7th and will "inspect".

Please let me know if anyone else wants to "inspect" the MLL as well.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
I'll be at the airport on Apr 7th and will "inspect".

Please let me know if anyone else wants to "inspect" the MLL as well.
How daregu inspect!

This was a nice benefit while it lasted. No more NRD-ing for me.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:53 pm

Fly in on the 7th.

I was going to skip the lounge, but I'm down to NRD it egu Eco-Production.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Fly in on the 7th.

I was going to skip the lounge, but I'm down to NRD it egu Eco-Production.
If there were concerns about domestic pax "mixing" with international pax, I wonder why YUL (airport authority or whatever) let it happen in the first place?
If you do happen get in for whatever reason, make sure to try the decearing egg.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:00 pm

Meh. Unless there are other FTers that day, I think I will skip.

Or maybe I will grab a shot of Scotch and then leave. Just to ensure a minimum of devaluation.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Meh. Unless there are other FTers that day, I think I will skip.

Or maybe I will grab a shot of Scotch and then leave. Just to ensure a minimum of devaluation.
How daregu.
You do know there are no more pickles in the MLL, right? No more pickle scent wiff.

Anyway, I'm sure AC is happy that us domestic-destination riffraff won't be polluting the YUL international MLL anymore.
lcohen999 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
How daregu.
You do know there are no more pickles in the MLL, right? No more pickle scent wiff.

Anyway, I'm sure AC is happy that us domestic-destination riffraff won't be polluting the YUL international MLL anymore.
Wait what? No more pickles?

How am I supposed to know I've entered an MLL without its distinct aroma: "two kinds of pickles and salsa"
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wait what? No more pickles?

How am I supposed to know I've entered an MLL without its distinct aroma: "two kinds of pickles and salsa"
They still might have that dill hummus-like dip sauce or whatever in the YUL Int'l MLL. But I haven't NRD'd in a year, so probably different now.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:19 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
How daregu.

I can hear screams at AC HQ whenever they scan my Rapidair BP at the int'l lounge
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lcohen999
I can hear screams at AC HQ whenever they scan my Rapidair BP at the int'l lounge
Blood-curdling, Munch-style, no doubt.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Blood-curdling, Munch-style, no doubt.
Either that or the Wilhelm scream

In fact, I should use my IT skills to change the beep when a BP is scanned to that exact scream for any domestic BPs

I wouldn't even charge AC for my time
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:27 pm

They might be able to see you at the lounge through the window !
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Either that or the Wilhelm scream

In fact, I should use my IT skills to change the beep when a BP is scanned to that exact scream for any domestic BPs

I wouldn't even charge AC for my time
I always enjoyed my visits there when flying AC311. Oh well.

They might be able to see you at the lounge through the window !
Stopegu suggesting such things.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
This change doesn't only put the International MLL out of reach of domestic pax, but also the Banque National lounge. Essentially, domestic and transborder pax will no longer have lounge access at YUL with Amex / PPL... pretty lousy deal IMHO.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.