Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2017, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
Access to the Montreal (YUL) International Maple Leaf Lounge™ (MLL)

Latest news, as per The Altitude Report, "October Edition", sent on November 1, 2017:

Our Montreal International Maple Leaf Lounge™ next to Gate 52 offers a peaceful, sophisticated place to relax before taking flight. As a friendly reminder, eligible customers who are departing on an international flight may access the lounge, regardless of the departure gate. Those departing on a domestic flight may only access the international lounge if their departure gate is between 50 and 68. They can also access the domestic Maple Leaf Lounge next to Gates 1 and 3.

An aside from yyznomad: (November 1, 2017)

From my own insider information, there was a recent meeting to discuss access to the YUL International MLL. It was to discuss access eligibility for domestic flights, due to overcrowding. I found this out due to an experience where I was flying out of Gate 50 on a domestic flight and was denied by both a lounge agent and a concierge seated next to him. After patiently waiting for them to reconfirm the rules, only upon my insistence, did they let me in. The agent vehemently advised that it was Gate 52 and higher and told me to talk to the concierge next to him. The concierge then asked the same agent what the rule was, and sided with the agent without verifying. Two days later, another agent apologized on their behalf for getting it wrong as it was still Gate 50 to 68. In any case, the rule still stands for gates 50-68.

Also, if you got in, but as an exception to the rules, then consider yourself simply as lucky.

So don't be afraid to stand your ground, with or without printed proof. So as long as you are eligible, stand your ground! You are most likely to get an agent who won't know the rules and wrongly turn you away.
Print Wikipost

YUL International MLL

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2015, 8:09 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by Dorian
You are referring to the closed lounge.
Haven't tired the temporary lounge. Is there no poutine?
Old Dec 19, 2015, 9:26 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I think you got enough action at a US hub.

Don't go stealing everything in YUL.
I didn't get my :-: fill :-:

My appetite for certain things is quite ... insatiable

If you're game, I'm up for both of us tag teaming and stealing everything at YUL
Old Dec 19, 2015, 10:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by maradori
I didn't get my :-: fill :-:

My appetite for certain things is quite ... insatiable

If you're game, I'm up for both of us tag teaming and stealing everything at YUL
Excuse me while I vomit.

It's absolutely not worth a special trip. If I lived at an airport hotel in YUL I'm not sure it would be worth the trip.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 2:03 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Jus' sayan

Old Dec 22, 2015, 6:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Jus' sayan
Jus' sayan

Also the fact that I've never been denied access.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Jus' sayan

Also the fact that I've never been denied access.
We all know what you are saying but IMO the sign outside the lounge supersedes the general *A policy.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 8:10 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
We all know what you are saying but IMO the sign outside the lounge supersedes the general *A policy.
AC seems to think that way, too. It shouldn't be too difficult for the verbiage on the *A site to include a note that certain lounges have access restrictions. Unfortunately, I suspect that would lead to a huge degradation in the quality and availability of lounges as many airlines would choose to keep the *G "riffraff" out in favour of their own top tier pax.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 8:13 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Yeah, unfortunately *A doesn't seem to care if local carriers make exceptions to the overall *A policy. For example, the SQ, BR international lounges at SFO routinely deny UA *A members access (whether flying domestically or internationally) even though they're not a United Club. Sometimes the agents will let exceptions be made for people flying long-haul on UA, but it's at their discretion.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 2:39 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold
Anyone know when this is supposed to be done? The initial post said fall 2015...
Old Mar 15, 2016, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by kraftdinner_
Anyone know when this is supposed to be done? The initial post said fall 2015...
...we're talking about construction in Montreal.

Likely a year late and 200% "over budget".
Old Mar 15, 2016, 3:08 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
...we're talking about construction in Montreal.

Likely a year late and 200% "over budget".
Stop it. Nothing gets done within a year of when it's supposed to 'round here. And at only 3x the budget? Ha! That's a bargain
Old Mar 15, 2016, 5:08 pm

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Pic of the lounge

Old Mar 15, 2016, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by cooleddie
Pic of the lounge

That's the temporary lounge. I'm here, too... You still around?
Old Mar 15, 2016, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cooleddie
Pic of the lounge
That is the temporary lounge that has been in place for over a year.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 6:25 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
That is the temporary lounge that has been in place for over a year.
Which has always looked nicer than some of the permanent MLL's

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.