FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Dog in the MLL (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1646436-dog-mll.html)

Stranger Nov 1, 2017 8:53 am

If the dog has status...

jasdou Nov 1, 2017 9:12 am

Some people do behave like dogs in MLLs. And they sadly are not always kept on a leash.

InTheAirGuy Nov 1, 2017 9:27 am

Well, they also lets cows in, and that should be stopped.

AleEat Nov 1, 2017 9:42 am

Rats! I read the thread title and thought frankfurters had replaced the flatbread.

24left Nov 1, 2017 9:46 am

1 Attachment(s)
Ah yes, Dog in the MLL. Then you missed this fun thread

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...6-dog-mll.html

InTheAirGuy Nov 1, 2017 10:21 am

And this thread, "Fake Service Dogs"

Be prepared for all kinds of people to jump on you for daring to suggest that it might not be a real service dog.

Push the envelope and go out and get yourself a service animal turkey.

yyznomad Nov 1, 2017 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Marlin240 (Post 29003792)
Now I'm absolutely peeved my comfort camel wasn't allowed into any MLLs on my recent travels.

And my comfort mongoose was rejected.

After Burner Nov 1, 2017 11:27 am

Originally Posted by YLWflyer (Post 29003770)
Im sitting in the MLL and see a average size lap dog wondering around right near the food,however I will say at least the dog is on a leash. Is this allowed?

What was the dog wondering? Maybe "why do humans eat this awful stuff?"

jeffandnicole Nov 1, 2017 11:51 am

Originally Posted by YLWflyer (Post 29003770)
Im sitting in the MLL and see a average size lap dog wondering around right near the food,however I will say at least the dog is on a leash. Is this allowed?

As long as the dog is on the leash, it's fine.

Hopefully it's a short leash. When it's a long leash, it tends to get tangled up as the dog drags it along.

Any idea where the owner is?

RangerNS Nov 1, 2017 12:17 pm

Important question: Does the dog know how to use tongs?

eracerblue Nov 1, 2017 12:31 pm

Legit service animals, always, leashed or not. Establishment is only allowed to ask what the nature of the assistance the dog is trained to provide. Due to rigorous training, you usually won't see such dogs aimlessly wondering/sniffing things. I believe these will usually have a vest.

Legit support animals (aka ESA), always, leashed or in carrier. MMV. Due to low training requirements, these may appear to be normal pets, but documentation is required if requested by establishment. Vests are optional, if not deceitful in some cases.

Small dogs in carriers in MLL, yes. On lap YMMV. We've always kept ours in carrier for ease of all parties involved.

YLWflyer Nov 1, 2017 1:40 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a quick snapshotAttachment 42999

canadiancow Nov 1, 2017 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by eracerblue (Post 29004835)
Legit service animals, always, leashed or not. Establishment is only allowed to ask what the nature of the assistance the dog is trained to provide. Due to rigorous training, you usually won't see such dogs aimlessly wondering/sniffing things. I believe these will usually have a vest.

Legit support animals (aka ESA), always, leashed or in carrier. MMV. Due to low training requirements, these may appear to be normal pets, but documentation is required if requested by establishment. Vests are optional, if not deceitful in some cases.

Small dogs in carriers in MLL, yes. On lap YMMV. We've always kept ours in carrier for ease of all parties involved.

You're not allowed to ask for proof that a dog is a service animal?

Why can't I just say "it's a service animal" for my pet then?

jc94 Nov 1, 2017 3:17 pm

I do not believe a properly trained service animals would end up underneath their owners chair wrapping the leash around a leg.

As long as they are all like Ace (or is it ACE) I have no issue.

RangerNS Nov 1, 2017 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 29005543)
You're not allowed to ask for proof that a dog is a service animal?

Why can't I just say "it's a service animal" for my pet then?

Not for nothing, but when I had my TN interview in the back room at YHZ, they had also pulled aside an alleged med student going to an alleged semester in NYC, bringing along an alleged service animal, with plans to "stay at a hostel." Nice leather harness on the dog. No paperwork for any of it.

She did not make the flight.