Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Ongoing MLL Disrepair and Uncleanliness

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ongoing MLL Disrepair and Uncleanliness

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:14 pm

At the same time, one wonders about the people making this mess in the first place...
flyquiet and DNAwizard like this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:44 pm

Programs: AC*SE 100K
I feel like the showers in the YVR Domestic MLL are getting worse and worse. Moldy caulking, musty smell, fan doesn't seem to work, shower controls feel like they're going to fall apart and the stupid rain showerhead that doesn't seem to hold its position.

Or am I just being way too picky? :/
Old Dec 4, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by musicmtl
At the same time, one wonders about the people making this mess in the first place...
You know, I've been wondering about this too. I think part of the blame actually falls on the people that are overfilling the hand towel paper and the tissues dispenser. Sometimes, they are packed so tightly that it's pretty much impossible to pull out a single sheet without tearing off little bits.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by yyznomad
This has been reported multiple times upthread regarding the YUL Dom MLL men's lav. Par for the course at this amazing, top notch MLL.

I wonder if Skytrax will award AC with "Cleanest Airline Lounges: North America".
At least the urinal is now working!! I use the handicap washroom whenever possible at YUL Dom, but have always wondered: is using a handicap washroom just as bad as parking in a handicap spot?? I do not think it is, especially since the mens lav only has one toilet, and it is generally occupied by someone reading a paper!!
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by jasdou
You know, I've been wondering about this too. I think part of the blame actually falls on the people that are overfilling the hand towel paper and the tissues dispenser. Sometimes, they are packed so tightly that it's pretty much impossible to pull out a single sheet without tearing off little bits.
It is also an exceptionally small room. I'm hardly a bathroomologist, but the YUL men's room is half the size I'd expect for a public space of that size. The broken windows theory applies and is magnified in that small a space.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
At least the urinal is now working!! I use the handicap washroom whenever possible at YUL Dom, but have always wondered: is using a handicap washroom just as bad as parking in a handicap spot?? I do not think it is, especially since the mens lav only has one toilet, and it is generally occupied by someone reading a paper!!
I've wondered the same thing. I usually use the handicapped stall in a public restroom, mostly because the regular stall is usually uncomfortably narrow for someone of my girth. Should I stop and just back in to a regular stall like an airplane lav?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-1MM
Was in the YYZ Intl MLL last Tuesday afternoon, and my friend and I sat near the buffet. We noticed so many flying insects (not sure if they were fruit flies?) that it spoiled our appetite and we did not partake in any of the exposed foods (salads, lasagna, asian-style chicken). Staff refilling the food were shooing the flies away, so were clearly aware of the issue. We had to shoo them away even at our table as they were just flying around (or maybe drawn to our glasses of wine). We left very quickly to just wait by the gate. It's been a while since I've visited this lounge, so unsure if it is a one-time thing, or an ongoing issue.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
It is an "accessible" stall, not a "handicapped" stall (unless you are suggesting it has some handicaps.)
Unless there is a high utilization of people unable to use the other facilities, it is okay to use whatever stall best meets your needs. Your needs may be because you approach on wheels, are carrying unusually numerous quantity of bags, or are yourself substantial in body size or limited in agility. The alternate facilities are for those who NEED them, not just for those with specific needs. Feel free to watch the closed captions (or even the sign language interpreter). They're not just for me.
smallmj likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I am such a FOTSG that I didn't even realize there was an accessible lavatory in the YUL Domestic MLL.

I walk straight to get to the men's lav. To the right is it not the women's lav? And to the left is the door to the kitchen?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:10 pm
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jasdou
. I think part of the blame actually falls on the people that are overfilling the hand towel paper and the tissues dispenser. Sometimes, they are packed so tightly that it's pretty much impossible to pull out a single sheet without tearing off little bits.
So what if it is over filled and 2 or 3 sheets fall out. Clean up your mess. It take 1 or 2 seconds..
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by 5mm
So what if it is over filled and 2 or 3 sheets fall out. Clean up your mess. It take 1 or 2 seconds..
I'll assume you are not talking to @jasdou. He didn't make the mess in the photo he posted. Perhaps it would be worth rephrasing and saying "people, it only takes a few seconds to wipe the counter and throw out the paper towels etc"

BTW, a rather amusing thread on the topic of paper towels, lavs, throwing out garbage and cleaning up etc is currently running on the UA forum. That's actually where I saw the link to AC's #1 ranking for cleanest lavs. Many of the posted comments would apply on AC FT. )
jasdou likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:43 pm
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 24left
I'll assume you are not talking to @jasdou. He didn't make the mess in the photo he posted. Perhaps it would be worth rephrasing and saying "people, it only takes a few seconds to wipe the counter and throw out the paper towels etc"
. )
Yes, I was not talking about Jasdou, but people in general.
jasdou likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Many of the posted comments would apply on AC FT. )
Or any other FT forum.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I am such a FOTSG that I didn't even realize there was an accessible lavatory in the YUL Domestic MLL.

I walk straight to get to the men's lav. To the right is it not the women's lav? And to the left is the door to the kitchen?
I can't picture where the women's is (shocking, I know), but the accessible one with the wheelchair sign is also on the right as you're walking to the men's.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 5:45 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by 5mm

BTW, a rather amusing thread on the topic of paper towels, lavs, throwing out garbage and cleaning up etc is currently running on the UA forum. That's actually where I saw the link to AC's #1 ranking for cleanest lavs. Many of the posted comments would apply on AC FT. )
Originally Posted by 5mm
Yes, I was not talking about Jasdou, but people in general.
@5mm I completely agree with you and wish people behaved better. It is just a very sad state of things when the main terminal restrooms are actually cleaner than the ones in lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.