Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Ongoing MLL Disrepair and Uncleanliness

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ongoing MLL Disrepair and Uncleanliness

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Does anyone know if the YEG renos are done yet? Drinking wine out of a paper cup is fun and all...but...
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by j_the_p
Does anyone know if the YEG renos are done yet? Drinking wine out of a paper cup is fun and all...but...
Negative as of Oct 29th. They were palate-jacking in what appeared to be supplies... so it may be operational by now.

Originally Posted by capebretonboy
I am in the YYC MLL and it's 7:20 a.m. and no hot breakfast service. Are they no longer offering this or is even 7:20 too late in the morning? Overall, lounge looks good.
Negative... stat holiday for sure not, but the lounge attendant told the people I gifted passes to that they no longer offer hot brekkie FWIW. So please do report back...

I hope they found value in a muffin and a coffee.... maybe it will make them fly so much AC to one day achieve their own status!

Last edited by eracerblue; Nov 8, 2017 at 8:54 am
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by eracerblue
They were palate-jacking in what appeared to be supplies
Palate-jacking sounds like the most accurate term I've heard to describe sampling MLL cuisine.
eracerblue, flyquiet and 24left like this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Can one of the AC lurkers here please arrange to change the toilet seat if not the entire toilet in the handicapped cubicle in the men's YVR DOM lounge ? Disgusting.
Would also be nice to have a change room without washroom facilities. Sometimes after a day of meetings, I just want to change into something more casual before the flight and the yucky washrooms are the only options. FWP.
canadiancow and PB53x11 like this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by vernonc
Can one of the AC lurkers here please arrange to change the toilet seat if not the entire toilet in the handicapped cubicle in the men's YVR DOM lounge ? Disgusting.
Would also be nice to have a change room without washroom facilities. Sometimes after a day of meetings, I just want to change into something more casual before the flight and the yucky washrooms are the only options. FWP.
I suppose it's too much to ask for a shower.... oh, PPL has that!
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I suppose it's too much to ask for a shower.... oh, PPL has that!
YVR Dom MLL has two shower rooms. I use them all the time.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
That's actually an interesting point.

If I use a shower room jsut to change, I suspect they have to replace the towels, do some cleaning, etc.

Why can't there be a totally sealed off room with enough space for a bag and a little table, with no running water, no toilet, etc?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
That's actually an interesting point.

If I use a shower room jsut to change, I suspect they have to replace the towels, do some cleaning, etc.

Why can't there be a totally sealed off room with enough space for a bag and a little table, with no running water, no toilet, etc?
I'm surprised nobody knows about the vestige lav downstairs with the private bathroom inside the main lav.
So someone can change inside that private lav with AMPLE space.

And I change in that private lav all the time.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I'm surprised nobody knows about the vestige lav downstairs with the private bathroom inside the main lav.
So someone can change inside that private lav with AMPLE space.

And I change in that private lav all the time.
There is a lav downstairs ? Never new that, normally just scan my BP and head upstairs.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

There is a lav downstairs ? Never new that, normally just scan my BP and head upstairs.
So many FOTSGs here.

Only the veterans here know this. Remember the downstairs used to have the business centre to the left when entering the MLL. To the right are the lavs that were meant to service the bottom floor business centre patrons. Ever since the bottom floor business centre was changed into an employee area, the lavs were left untouched, like a UNESCO virgin forest.

The lavs on the bottom floor have a private inner lav with its own sink and toilet with ample counter space and room to change.

So now you FOTSGs all know.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 7:39 am

So many FOTSGs here.

Only the veterans here know this. Remember the downstairs used to have the business centre to the left when entering the MLL. To the right are the lavs that were meant to service the bottom floor business centre patrons. Ever since the bottom floor business centre was changed into an employee area, the lavs were left untouched, like a UNESCO virgin forest.

The lavs on the bottom floor have a private inner lav with its own sink and toilet with ample counter space and room to change.

So now you FOTSGs all know.
Thank you. I should fly more often :-)
Old Nov 9, 2017, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thank you. I should fly more often :-)
I rarely contribute anything here since I'm also a FOTSG, so this is all you'll get from me for the rest of the year. The rest of my posts will be on par with the 80% here who flame and criticize while riding their high horses and yet contribute zero information or assistance to others on this forum since they are all true FOTSGs.

Btw, I never thought the toilet in the handicap stall in the men's lav was ever dirty or nasty. Maybe you arrived to find it thoroughly destroyed by previous patrons? I think it probably just needed a cleaning by the staff...
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:10 am

YVR Dom MLL has two shower rooms. I use them all the time.
Damn... my FOTSG is out of the bag!

Honestly tho, I've just never noticed showers there... and I swear the online amenity listing used to show no showers.

Wow... it's like I feel there's a new benefit for short-haulers already!
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:26 am

Damn... my FOTSG is out of the bag!

Honestly tho, I've just never noticed showers there... and I swear the online amenity listing used to show no showers.

Wow... it's like I feel there's a new benefit for short-haulers already!
There are two showers but the staff would prefer you do not use them. Too much work
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:27 am

I rarely contribute anything here since I'm also a FOTSG, so this is all you'll get from me for the rest of the year. The rest of my posts will be on par with the 80% here who flame and criticize while riding their high horses and yet contribute zero information or assistance to others on this forum since they are all true FOTSGs.

Btw, I never thought the toilet in the handicap stall in the men's lav was ever dirty or nasty. Maybe you arrived to find it thoroughly destroyed by previous patrons? I think it probably just needed a cleaning by the staff...
The seat has scuff marks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.