Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Ongoing MLL Disrepair and Uncleanliness

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ongoing MLL Disrepair and Uncleanliness

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2020, 5:28 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
As of this morning, food is no longer self-service in MLLs.... At least in YOW - they're implementing this as I am typing so must just have received instructions
24left likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 8:19 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by YOWCDNFF
As of this morning, food is no longer self-service in MLLs.... At least in YOW - they're implementing this as I am typing so must just have received instructions
I would be shocked if they didn't do that across all of the MLLs.

The elimination of buffet style food service is part of the COVID-19 protocols now. At least for several provinces if not federally.
24left likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 8:30 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Bohemian1

The elimination of buffet style food service is part of the COVID-19 protocols now. At least for several provinces if not federally.
Paging @bocastephen

I may be one of the few, but I'd be happy if MLLs had a server for food. Other airlines already started this. Depending on how this virus continues, there may be an overhaul of everything, from glasses, coffee mugs and cutlery to what is available and offered.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 6:10 pm

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus
Originally Posted by 24left
Paging @bocastephen

I may be one of the few, but I'd be happy if MLLs had a server for food. Other airlines already started this. Depending on how this virus continues, there may be an overhaul of everything, from glasses, coffee mugs and cutlery to what is available and offered.
I strongly agree. Would love to see the buffet done away with.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by YOWCDNFF
Originally Posted by Bohemian1

So what food is being served and how is it served, if at all?

What about the non-bar MLLs? Are the self-serve alcohol stations also closed?

(This thread is about disrepair and uncleanliness in the MLLs, which hygiene and food handling standards can be a part of... so not sure whether this belongs in this thread or in the MLL food thread... mods, please move/merge as you see fit)
Old Mar 17, 2020, 5:55 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
With MLLs becoming less busy or potentially shutting down together, I wonder whether AC will be able to address some of the uncleanliness and disrepair.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 6:28 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
With MLLs becoming less busy or potentially shutting down together, I wonder whether AC will be able to address some of the uncleanliness and disrepair.
Yes, they'll be able to.

But they won't.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 6:53 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Yes, they'll be able to.

But they won't.
If we go in to a total lockdown like the Italians or Hubei, they won't be able to get plumbers/carpenters/whoever, so they may not be able to.

Although yes, it's unlikely they would even if they were able to. With YYZ Dom, I'm sure that at some point in the next few years they're going to have to make a ton of changes, so they'll probably hold off doing anything until then.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 7:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
If we go in to a total lockdown like the Italians or Hubei, they won't be able to get plumbers/carpenters/whoever, so they may not be able to.

Although yes, it's unlikely they would even if they were able to. With YYZ Dom, I'm sure that at some point in the next few years they're going to have to make a ton of changes, so they'll probably hold off doing anything until then.
Though now is definitely a great time to do lots of things, given the reduced demand.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Though now is definitely a great time to do lots of things, given the reduced demand.
Yes, that's why I suggested it
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 6:21 am

Programs: AC SE
AC will be going into a mode where conserving cash will be their prime objective. I doubt they will be spending a single penny on improving MLLs at this time.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 8:08 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by jasdou
AC will be going into a mode where conserving cash will be their prime objective. I doubt they will be spending a single penny on improving MLLs at this time.
I doubt they’d even be able to secure contractors or get permits
Old Mar 18, 2020, 11:15 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by colombianbrew
I doubt they’d even be able to secure contractors or get permits
Anything that would require a permit would be a problem for the lessor; the airport.

And you don't need permits to replace broken chairs or fundamentally flawed coffee machines with a reliability rivaling Windows ME.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.