Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Ongoing MLL Disrepair and Uncleanliness

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ongoing MLL Disrepair and Uncleanliness

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, Marriott Gold
Not a cleanliness issue but more of a cautionary note for the YYC (domestic) MLL: The tap in the middle sink of the men's washroom will project the water stream more horizontally towards you, and with good pressure. When you cup your hands under the tap to activate the sensor, the water can deflect off your hands and hit you right in the crotch. Don't ask me how I know.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by roadracer
Not a cleanliness issue but more of a cautionary note for the YYC (domestic) MLL: The tap in the middle sink of the men's washroom will project the water stream more horizontally towards you, and with good pressure. When you cup your hands under the tap to activate the sensor, the water can deflect off your hands and hit you right in the crotch. Don't ask me how I know.
Luckily most people wear long winter jacket now, so they can cover it. Would be much worse in summer.

And I believe this could lead to a cleanliness issue as the water may drip down to the floor.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I am such a FOTSG that I didn't even realize there was an accessible lavatory in the YUL Domestic MLL.

I walk straight to get to the men's lav. To the right is it not the women's lav? And to the left is the door to the kitchen?
Just before woman's lav on right....

Originally Posted by flyquiet
It is an "accessible" stall, not a "handicapped" stall (unless you are suggesting it has some handicaps.)
Unless there is a high utilization of people unable to use the other facilities, it is okay to use whatever stall best meets your needs. Your needs may be because you approach on wheels, are carrying unusually numerous quantity of bags, or are yourself substantial in body size or limited in agility. The alternate facilities are for those who NEED them, not just for those with specific needs. Feel free to watch the closed captions (or even the sign language interpreter). They're not just for me.
In this case it is an actual separate room. It is also equipped with a diaper changing station. Given there is only 1 stall in the tiny men's lav, there are times when it is either use the accessible one, or wait in line.

On the accessibility note I witness a guy check into a hotel at 11:00pm one night. he went to his room, came back and said he needed to change rooms because they had given him an accessible room. The hotel clerk said it was ok for him to use that room but he insisted that it should only be rented to someone who needs it. When the clerk said he had 8 empty accessible rooms the guy said it did not matter and he equated it to parking in a "handicap spot" if you are not handicapped. I ended up giving the guy my room, since it was the only one left that was not accessible.
Old May 21, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: AC SE
Not sure where I should post this but this felt like an appropriate place. There are new chairs in the YUL domestic MLL.

They are not especially comfortable and are very firm. Maybe they will soften up after a few years of use. They are made by Birchwood. Anyway, it is nice to see some refreshed furniture in this lounge.
Old May 21, 2019, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jasdou
Not sure where I should post this but this felt like an appropriate place. There are new chairs in the YUL domestic MLL.

They are not especially comfortable and are very firm. Maybe they will soften up after a few years of use. They are made by Birchwood. Anyway, it is nice to see some refreshed furniture in this lounge.
I guess that's a start. That place is the definition of tired.
Old May 21, 2019, 6:43 am

I guess that's a start. That place is the definition of tired.
Absolutely. Did I mention one of the urinal was out of order and had a clear plastic bag duct taped to it?
Old May 21, 2019, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

Absolutely. Did I mention one of the urinal was out of order and had a clear plastic bag duct taped to it?
Again? (Or still?)
ffsim and Bohemian1 like this.
Old May 21, 2019, 6:52 am

Again? (Or still?)
The plastic bag has been on and off for the past several months. Always the same urinal.
Old May 21, 2019, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The plastic bag has been on and off for the past several months. Always the same urinal.
I guess it adds character to sadsack YUL Dom MLL.

Did you notice if the entire MLL has new chairs? Because all the chairs were tired and dilapidated AF.
Old May 21, 2019, 8:20 am

I guess it adds character to sadsack YUL Dom MLL.

Did you notice if the entire MLL has new chairs? Because all the chairs were tired and dilapidated AF.
The two sitting areas to your left when you enter definitely had the new chairs. I didn’t check the back room with the TV or the small rooms to the right.

The chairs/tables by the buffet were the same one as before.

I will be back on Thursday with more time, I will be sure to do a thorough inspection of the lounge for you!
Old May 21, 2019, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The two sitting areas to your left when you enter definitely had the new chairs. I didn’t check the back room with the TV or the small rooms to the right.

The chairs/tables by the buffet were the same one as before.

I will be back on Thursday with more time, I will be sure to do a thorough inspection of the lounge for you!
Lol yeah don't bust your butt for me... was just curious... if you happen to notice, then ubertastic.

I didn't expect the red chairs and silver tables in the food area to change as they are in relatively ok shape and in line with the style at other domestic/transborder MLLs.

Anyway, always nice to hear when more lipstick is applied to the pig.

oink oink
Old May 21, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
And this is what was left for over 5 minutes while attendants ignored the mess in YUL DOM MLL a few days ago...

Old May 21, 2019, 1:47 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
That's simply gross!
Old May 21, 2019, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
That's simply gross!
It's time for a caption game. (because how did/could that happen - someone running with soup and tripping and falling... or maybe someone sneezed or farted violently while walking with soup bowl in hand...?)
Old May 21, 2019, 1:52 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Caption: I was so stressed about getting a deflated seat that it made me sick!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.